Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2018, 04:13 PM

7,470 posts, read 7,058,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ You are letting how you feel about Trump get too deep into your head.

NFL owners generally are responding to perceived erosion, however big or small, re their business. Some might also have a strong desire to stand up for their players. A desire to please Trump doesn't really fit into the equation.
How many times do I have to say it: I am well aware this about the money. That is my my whole issue with it.

The NFL will tolerate any form of nonsense provided their bottom line is OK. Punch-out your fiance? That's fine... oh, the fans noticed and aren't happy! Uh, we'll do something about it. Trumpers confusing jingoism with freedom? Oh, we better force everyone to stand during the anthem. And on and on it goes, and we're supposed to ignore it?

Obviously it is about the money. And I won't patronize a low-class, sell-out organization like the NFL who will tolerate and support any form of idiocy to protect their income while at the same time pretending to be "patriots" and the "true spirit of America." Real American values don't include: punching out your fiances, dog-fighting, or believing that "standing when Dear Leader says so" is a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 04:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,631,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
How many times do I have to say it: I am well aware this about the money. That is my my whole issue with it.

The NFL will tolerate any form of nonsense provided their bottom line is OK. Punch-out your fiance? That's fine... oh, the fans noticed and aren't happy! Uh, we'll do something about it. Trumpers confusing jingoism with freedom? Oh, we better force everyone to stand during the anthem. And on and on it goes, and we're supposed to ignore it?

Obviously it is about the money. And I won't patronize a low-class, sell-out organization like the NFL who will tolerate and support any form of idiocy to protect their income while at the same time pretending to be "patriots" and the "true spirit of America." Real American values don't include: punching out your fiances, dog-fighting, or believing that "standing when Dear Leader says so" is a good idea.
Totally agree. They had no problem hiring Michael Vick when the time came; heck they would probably sign a nun-murdering psychopath if he could pass the ball well enough.

Such abject hypocrites - kissing Trump's ring for more profit.

Gross.

Honestly, I never did like pro football so they never made money off me.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:22 PM

25,909 posts, read 16,634,799 times
The “in the country” comment is over the top but as far as I’m concerned if they don’t want to show respect for the anthem and the flag then they have no right to make any kind of a spectacle during the anthem to try and take attention away from where it belongs, a short time to show thanks and respect for this country. Stay in the damn locker room.

Sorry for the run on sentence, I never claimed to be an English scholar

Old 05-25-2018, 04:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,631,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The “in the country” comment is over the top but as far as I’m concerned if they don’t want to show respect for the anthem and the flag then they have no right to make any kind of a spectacle during the anthem to try and take attention away from where it belongs, a short time to show thanks and respect for this country.

Sorry for the run on sentence, I never claimed to be an English scholar
He's cool with torch carrying white supremacists chanting JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US though.

Very fine people; remember?

Old 05-25-2018, 04:25 PM

25,909 posts, read 16,634,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He's cool with torch carrying white supremacists chanting JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US though.

Very fine people; remember?
No I don’t remember that. What is your main malfunction before I put you on ignore?

Old 05-25-2018, 04:30 PM

3,310 posts, read 2,400,179 times
He is right. Who the heck are these ungrateful thugs to think they can benefit from our wonderful country but disrespectful it at the same time. Let them all go back to their sh@thole countries and try this. They would be thrown in jail. I sure as hell wouldn’t live in a country that I do not respec. You shouldn’t not be entitled to this country’s freedom if you hate the country and disrespect it on national tv.

Build the wall. Throw these idiots out with the Mexicans. I would have no problem with that.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:40 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,684,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
One of the funniest and saddest examples I've ever witnessed of the stupidity that plagues a certain portion of America happened a few years ago in a town just south of where I live now. We had family friends who were here for two years from Canada because the father was working on a contract with a U.S. company. They decided to host a party for the Stanley Cup, and to help people find their house, they flew a Canadian flag on their porch. The party was great fun, and all had a terrific time. The next morning, they awoke to find their front porch had been vandalized by some yahoos who had taken offense to their non-American flag. They also found a note on their door threatening physical harm to the family. This town, that had never had experienced a documented hate crime, suddenly had one...over Canadians! It was absolutely crazy. To their neighbors' credit, everyone on their block immediately went out and bought flags from other countries and lined the sidewalks, which was both hilarious and poignant. I don't know that the perpetrators were ever caught, but I do know that the police watched our friends' house carefully for months afterward. I don't know why that story came to mind, but something about they way our flag is now being held up as a litmus test for patriotism really rubs me the wrong way.
Great story!

The opposite happened to me though. I was driving my Canadian licensed plate car in the US when a woman behind me started honking and waving. WTF I thought.

When the light changed she pulled up beside me and yelled out as she passed " I love Canada ! " LOL

Old 05-25-2018, 04:46 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,138,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
He is right. Who the heck are these ungrateful thugs to think they can benefit from our wonderful country but disrespectful it at the same time. Let them all go back to their sh@thole countries and try this.
What if they were born in the U.S? The vast majority of NFL players are American.

Quote:
I sure as hell wouldn’t live in a country that I do not respec. You shouldn’t not be entitled to this country’s freedom if you hate the country and disrespect it on national tv.
Is questioning the U.S. government anti-American? Are we just supposed to submit to the State?

Your statement is something right out of the Communist Party handbook.

Quote:
Build the wall. Throw these idiots out with the Mexicans. I would have no problem with that.
How would you go about deporting American-born citizens? What about their property? To which country would you deport them?

Old 05-25-2018, 04:47 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,138,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Great story!

The opposite happened to me though. I was driving my Canadian licensed plate car in the US when a woman behind me started honking and waving. WTF I thought.

When the light changed she pulled up beside me and yelled out as she passed " I love Canada ! " LOL
I'd live in Calgary in a heartbeat. Freest place in Canada. Best weather, too.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:34 PM

482 posts, read 244,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
"People" being you, who thinks a lot/often about Trump's 70-year old scrot*m?
^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfX5fqN8kYY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies