Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 09:52 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Coming from someone who is hesitant to call out the KKK and Neo-Nazis. And think about this. Tim Tebow kneeled too during the national anthem. He did not garner nearly as much controversy as Colin Kaepernick. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.238c373cddc7
Thank you for linking to that opinion piece. The author's point about the bifurcation of American Christianity is very insightful, and we're seeing it play out, so to speak, on the football field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 09:53 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifloridafan View Post
he did lash out at everyone, from the KKK to the NFL, because they all created by the democratic party, the same party that rigged the elections in the DNC Primarties in 2016.
When he says things like this:https://www.jpost.com/American-Polit...esville-502575

Trump's defense of a neo-Nazi rally crossed a line for many Republicans. What will they do about it?

Whenever someone says "there were some very fine people on both sides", that tells me Trump was very hesitant to criticize them. He tried to play both sides of the fence. He was trying to play that "not all of the Neo-Nazis were bad". There is no such thing as a "good" Neo-Nazi or a good KKK member. All of them are bad because they follow a nasty, bigoted, violent ideology.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Thank you for linking to that opinion piece. The author's point about the bifurcation of American Christianity is very insightful, and we're seeing it play out, so to speak, on the football field.
I felt like maybe some people would have to admit the hypocrisy going on. Tim Tebow kneels, it trends, but not with the same anger as if Colin Kaepernick does it.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Well duh..of course Trump is going to feel this way...he is the president of the US!!

We are NEVER EVER to show respect for, be obedient, or subservient, to a tyrannical Govt or authority.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:06 AM

I could easily say that those who fly the Confederate flag should be kicked out of the country. But this is what I know. I will be criticized for interfering with other person's free speech, and it is someone's right to free speech to fly the Confederate flag. I view the Confederate flag as a traitor's flag. It is the flag of those who sought to wage war against the USA for the purpose of keeping slavery. And don't lie and say it wasn't because I've read the Articles of Secession. I say these things because Trump is saying that NFL players who kneel during the anthem should be kicked out of the country. I notice that those who agree with Trump on that issue don't feel the same way about the Confederate flag. Confederates waged war against America on American soil.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:11 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
I could easily say that those who fly the Confederate flag should be kicked out of the country. But this is what I know. I will be criticized for interfering with other person's free speech, and it is someone's right to free speech to fly the Confederate flag. I view the Confederate flag as a traitor's flag. It is the flag of those who sought to wage war against the USA for the purpose of keeping slavery. And don't lie and say it wasn't because I've read the Articles of Secession. I say these things because Trump is saying that NFL players who kneel during the anthem should be kicked out of the country. I notice that those who agree with Trump on that issue don't feel the same way about the Confederate flag. Confederates waged war against America on American soil.
Americans waged war against England on English soil.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Americans waged war against England on English soil.
Did you miss that part of her post that referred quite clearly to the Civil War?

Old 05-26-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Did you miss that part of her post that referred quite clearly to the Civil War?
I'm a he.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I'm a he.
So sorry.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:34 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,907,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Anti American tv, sports and congress
He is questioning that-
It’s a dirty job -but someone needs to do it
Forced patriotism is not the answer. trump's policies, statements and tweets are full of hatred. They have made many Americans angry and ashamed of what our nation is becoming. Protests such as the knee are the result of trump's own words and actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies