Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 07:54 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
No, he has not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 08:04 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
President Trump will lash out at NFL players who kneel with no hesitation. However, when it comes to Neo-Nazis and the alt-right, he is not as willing to lash out at them. He will make a bit of criticism of them, but he says there were some fine people among them. He never said "Neo-Nazis shouldn't be in this country". That let's me know where his priorities are.

Rep +1 ......Drop....The.....Mic

Old 05-26-2018, 08:13 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, he has not.
Yes, he has. Did you read the articles?

List of Obama Gun Control Measures: There Aren't As Many Obama Gun Laws As You Think

Quote:
Nonetheless, the number of Obama gun laws that made it through Congress during his two terms in office comes in at only two, and neither placed additional restrictions on gun owners. In fact, the two gun laws signed by Obama actually expanded the rights of gun owners in the United States. Attempts to limit the size of gun magazines, expand background checks of gun buyers and ban gun sales to buyers on terrorism watch lists all failed to pass under Obama.

In fact, Obama signed only two major laws that address how guns are carried in America, and both actually expand the rights of gun owners.

One of the laws allows gun owners to carry weapons in national parks; that law took effect in February 2012 and replaced President Ronald Reagan's policy of required guns be locked in glove compartments of trunks of car that enter national parks.

Another gun law signed by Obama allows Amtrak passengers to carry guns in checked baggage, a move that reversed a measure put in place after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Why are you posting an article about what Obama did versus Trump. Please list what Trump has done.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:55 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
The American Revolution was a secessionist civil war, just like the War Between the States.

No incorrect completely wrong , the southern states was not a colony of the North states , you are talking apples and pineapple.

One war was the liberation of a colony the other war was spitting a country into two separate countries.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Why are you posting an article about what Obama did versus Trump. Please list what Trump has done.
I DID!!!!

Post #277.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post52013437

Old 05-26-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Aw, so he's a coward who doesn't want to go up against the NRA so he tries to sneak something in lol Otherwise he would be tweeting about how great he was for doing something

Old 05-26-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
No incorrect completely wrong , the southern states was not a colony of the North states , you are talking apples and pineapple.

One war was the liberation of a colony the other war was spitting a country into two separate countries.
Liberation of a colony is secession.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Aw, so he's a coward who doesn't want to go up against the NRA so he tries to sneak something in lol Otherwise he would be tweeting about how great he was for doing something
He is a coward. But his cultists refuse to believe it. If you try to bring it up with them all they can say is "MAGA!"

Old 05-26-2018, 10:30 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
One thing I have found interesting. I know a few people who are veterans. So far, the most apparent anger over NFL players kneeling has not come from veterans. This isn't to say that there aren't veterans who aren't happy about it. But so far, the most vitriol towards the NFL players has come from non-veterans.

I have noticed that President Trump will call out the NFL players who kneel far more than the white supremacists/Neo-Nazis. I've noticed that the individuals who have so much vitriol for Colin Kaepernick say nothing about the Neo-Nazis and white supremacists. Some of them didn't say a word when Dylann Roof went into a church and committed a heinous and murderous hate crime. This is just what I've observed. Some might have seen different. But this is what I see. The divides and the hate have always been there. It's just coming to light alot more.
Vietnam era veteran here. As far as I'm concerned NFL players kneeling is way far down my list of things to be angry about. Stand or kneel; it doesn't make any difference to me. I find it laughable and and at the same time scary, how people on both sides have latched onto something so insignificant and blown it up all out of proportion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies