Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 11:14 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
But they are citizens of the United States of America. Why would they "go back to Africa".

I'll wait for your answer. Please, don't try to make it too racist.
You said go back to Africa...I said go to Africa.

Yes, my opinion is that they should give up those dirty millions they make as slaves to the NFL fans and go to Africa...much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 11:20 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
There was a time that champion athletes were a role model for citizenship
51% of nfl are convicted felons
The new American idol

Have anything factual supporting that otherwise baseless allegation?

Old 08-10-2018, 11:22 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
The police ... are what keep us safe from the brigands and the beasts
How about when the police are the brigands and the beasts?

Quote:
The failures we identified in our findings – that we heard about from residents and officers alike

The department found that CPD’s pattern or practice of unconstitutional force is largely attributable to deficiencies in its accountability systems and in how it investigates uses of force, responds to allegations of misconduct, trains and supervises officers, and collects and reports data on officer use of force. The department also found that the lack of effective community-oriented policing strategies and insufficient support for officer wellness and safety contributed to the pattern or practice of unconstitutional force.

In addition, the department also identified serious concerns about the prevalence of racially discriminatory conduct by some CPD officers and the degree to which that conduct is tolerated and in some respects caused by deficiencies in CPD’s systems of training, supervision and accountability.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...ice-department

Quote:
We found that BPD has engaged in a pattern or practice of serious violations of the U.S. Constitution and federal law...The agency also fails to provide officers with the guidance, oversight and resources they need to police safely, constitutionally and effectively.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...ice-department

Quote:
Ferguson’s law enforcement practices are shaped by the City’s focus on revenue rather
than by public safety needs. This emphasis on revenue has compromised the institutional
character of Ferguson’s police department, contributing to a pattern of unconstitutional policing,
and has also shaped its municipal court, leading to procedures that raise due process concerns
and inflict unnecessary harm on members of the Ferguson community. Further, Ferguson’s
police and municipal court practices both reflect and exacerbate existing racial bias, including
racial stereotypes. Ferguson’s own data establish clear racial disparities that adversely impact
African Americans. The evidence shows that discriminatory intent is part of the reason for these
disparities.
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...ent_report.pdf

Last edited by CBeisbol; 08-10-2018 at 11:48 AM..

Old 08-10-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
You mean to tell me you believe the justice system gets it right 100% of the time and the protest have no merit? You believe everyone thats being held for months with no trial date is guilty?If you believe that you have your head in the sand. Do you know for sure that kneeling is the only thing that all of the kneeling players are doing to make change? The kneeling doesnt hurt you, so why are YOU so worked up about it?
I don't know about "Marc", but many people are worked up about specifically because it brings attention to illegal activities committed by the police department.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:24 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
They need to be tattooed first. Make all anthem kneelers wear some type of identifying symbol on their clothing so they are easy to spot. You can't just go straight to deportations and showers.
I doubt they'd where the already identifying symbol signifying it's alright to execute, a Trump hat or shirt. But hey, maybe.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:27 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
I cant believe that there’s SO many people on CD that are too selfish to do anything for anyone but themselves are STILL complaining about athletes that are trying to do things for other people. As much as they could be doing other things for the cause besides kneeling, they’re doing SOMEthing. The people here complaining aren’t doing anything for anyone. Not informing people where to lodge complaints, not informing anyone of the process, just sitting on the keyboard blowing hot air here where nothing makes a difference.
Oh yes, you mean put targets on the back of cops? That's an admirable thing to some I guess.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Oh yes, you mean put targets on the back of cops? That's an admirable thing to some I guess.
Oh yes, you mean to support, or ignore, cops that seriously violate the US constitution and federal law. That's an admirable thing to some I guess.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:38 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
You mean to tell me you believe the justice system gets it right 100% of the time and the protest have no merit? You believe everyone thats being held for months with no trial date is guilty?If you believe that you have your head in the sand. Do you know for sure that kneeling is the only thing that all of the kneeling players are doing to make change? The kneeling doesnt hurt you, so why are YOU so worked up about it?
Yes, the police get it right 99% of the time. And when they get it wrong there are criminal and civil remedies available. There is nothing to protest. They should be supporting the police, and insisting that the police invade their neighborhoods and vacuum up all the criminals to make it a safer and better world. The more criminals and losers in jail, the better our society for the good people who work hard, make good decisions, and have good lives OF THEIR OWN MAKING.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:38 AM

937 posts, read 927,698 times
At this point, I'm 95% certain that Trump does "think" anything...

Old 08-10-2018, 11:40 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
I don't know about "Marc", but many people are worked up about specifically because it brings attention to illegal activities committed by the police department.
Nonsense, there is an occasional transgression. But the overwhelming majority of the time, correct arrest and prosecution and imprisonment are taking place. That needs to be supported. And I support it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies