Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 07:31 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Maybe you havent noticed how trump is branding all these American institutions as evil/corrupt or just fake news, and liberals are now the nations enemy.He doesnt need the help of congress to turn public opinion against any institution that doesnt praise his esteemed magnificence .
Have you read cnn.com the last couple days, it's totally fake news and they don't try to hide it anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 07:32 AM

125 posts, read 85,140 times
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree...or the nut.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:33 AM

125 posts, read 85,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Chelsea Clinton: Trump 'Degrading What It Means to Be an American'

For once I agree with her.
Obama tried to convince us we should be embarrassed to be Americans.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:37 AM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
At the end of your post you talk about trump cutting cost,please hit the link and read and it will show you how he is costing us money.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-car...esidency.html/

In the first eight months of 2017, two-thirds of those executives and lobbyists played golf on days Trump was there. The swamp was never so convenient for doing business, and the president was never so obvious about how to find him before.
4. Trump’s own golf trips
Donald Trump visits Trump International Golf Links
Donald Trump visits his golf course in Aberdeen, Scotland, in 2016. | Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images

Secret Service golf-cart rentals alone cost taxpayers $137,000 in nine months. The payments go to Trump’s business.
Not only do Trump’s frequent golf trips burn taxpayer dollars; they also make the Trumps lots of money. The system is rather simple and, once you see how it works, you can see why Trump spent over 25% of his first year in office at his own golf clubs.

Overall, the easiest mark is the U.S. Secret Service tasked with the job of protecting Trump. As the law stands, the agency cannot receive payments from presidents. This law exists to limit potential conflicts of interest (irony alert). So the Secret Service paid $137,000 to Trump’s Florida and New Jersey properties for golf cart rentals in just the first nine months of 2017.
yeah and I watched them write and do the same thing to Obama, I don't believe any of this, unless I see it for myself. If you didn't like Obama, the identical same things were going on...

Trump has done tons of good things, that no other president has done before...and of that I'm pleased, but my problem is with his mouth....

Oh, and by the way, they also said that other things he did were going to flop but they didn't...it's all propaganda by the left. The right does it to...

and you talk about golf carts, and such, Obama golfed all the time, so did Bush...so what's your point, they used the same identical costs....remember all of Obama's vacations on us?

Trump gave his first months salary as president to who? Do you remember that?

He took a really tough stance with Russia

He withdrew from the Paris climate agreement, do you have any idea how much that was costing us?

He got NATO allies to kick in $12 billion I said, 12 Billion, more toward our collective security. Pleading by both the Bush and Obama administrations failed to get NATO allies to meet their financial commitments to the alliance, but Trump’s tough talk and reluctance to affirm America's Article V commitment did the trick. And by the way, NATO is Much stronger because of it!!!!

He enacted historic tax and regulatory reform that has proved great economic growth in America...

He recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. Four American presidents promised to do it, but never did.

Want me to go on?

What did Obama do? Divided this country and with the Media's help, sided with BLM and criminals against police....in Obama's first 4 years, he tripled our debt compared to what it had been when Bush walked out...and Bush didn't do anything either.

Yeah, Trump talks like a 3rd grader and it does anger me....however, I'd still chose him over Hillary, in a heartbeat.

and by the way, the payments do not go to Trumps businesses....they couldn't, if that were true, that WOULD be grounds for impeachment.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:46 AM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Her father had sex in the Oval office with a young intern. That degraded America. Her mother made fun of stay at home moms, that degraded America. The Clinton Foundation is a joke.
Her mother, got people killed, several times, which was degrading....

and I still question, Vince Foster's death...sorry, way too coincidental, but a lot of these young folks were not around, then, so they all call it rumors, yeah right. I lived it and saw how she had her worked shred boxes of evidence. Boxes!!!! Whitewater...and how many lives she ruined thru it all....I believe one killed himself over it?

Yeah, she's a real prize....

They can say all they want about Trump, yeah he bragged about women, once, problem many more times, and it's true....I'm certain, there are many woman out there that tried to get close to him for his money. One of them was Stormy Danials, and she's still using him, and they went and gave her an award....Good God?

I've heard men brag about woman, I've heard high school boys put down women, to make themselves look like they scored...

But in the long run, and at the end of the day, Trump isn't really that bad, compared to some of them,and that's why they fear him.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:15 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
What is it with the Clinton's and Obama's, as they clearly have no class or dignity like previous nominees and First families that ride off into the sunset.
Amazing isn't it - we have Democratic Party Elites (former Obama people and Clinton family) who actually go to Foreign Countries and give interviews against American Voters (those darn Deplorables who didn't vote for MY Mommy!!!) and advocates for Protests against the American President. She doesn't think those Deplorables are "real Americans"

Clinton commented on Trump's planned summer trip to meet with Prime Minister Theresa May, saying that she wished she could help bring the anti-Trump resistance overseas.

"If I lived in Britain, I would show up to protest because I don't agree with what [Trump] is doing to degrade what it means to be an American,"

I also now believe that intentions and tone and decency matter, because I think the wreckage that we’re seeing at this moment is one that will, I hope, be repaired on the policy standpoint when we elect Democrats. But I think we will still then have work to do on repairing the tone in our country, the exposure of the real racist and sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic and antisemitic feeling which is on the rise in our country – a rot that has been exposed.â€

Like Mother, like Daughter -- The American voters who didn't vote for Mommy are a "rot" in our Country.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:23 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Feelings & emotions run your day.
What has Trump lied about?

When truth becomes treason, the tree of LIBERTY is soon watered with the blood of tyrants.
Upholding his wedding vows for a start.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:00 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
She is 100% correct. Of course, Crooked Trump worshipers think the opposite.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:25 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
Pot calling the kettle black. Trump is a sexual predator and Melania is an enabler. Go ask Stormy.

When Trump is in London, I hope he doesn't grab the Queen by the p****y.

That would be an international incident.
Has Trump been accused of rape like Bill Clinton was?
While Trump might be crude/rude and other things you can say about him (that I would not try to defend), he is no Slick Willy.

As to Melania vs. Hillary as enablers, you could be correct. However one very distinct difference would be that Melania is not claiming to be a feminist and insisting a mere accusation equates to guilt on the one hand, yet any and all accusations against her husband must be false.
Not only did we learn that Hillary knew about the affairs and/or rape (she certainly could not have put it past him), but that she actively tried to discredit and harm the women accusers.
You cannot be more of a hypocrite in that arena than Hillary is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Clinton is right, America has become an international laughing stock under Trump. Because everybody now knows what a pathological liar Trump is, his credibility is now toxic.
People who voted for Trump should by now have realized what a catastrophic mistake they have made, and the damage inflicted on America's reputation internationally.
I always get a kick out of how the leftist media and their liberal koolaid drinkers seem to think any (R) president makes us a laughing stock of the world, yet some of the more recent (D) presidents are great.
Now I will grant you it is a matter of perspective depending on your ideology, but the same old tired lines always resurface whenever an (R) is our president.
Frankly it is way too early to see how the international community will judge Trump, but I believe he already has more respect by calling it like it is, rather than be a wishy washy politician. For example when him called out NATO countries for not paying enough is a prime example. Sure, other nations might not like him for doing so, but they respect him, and have started to pony up more money & troops.
From an "international" standpoint, I'd much rather our leader put America's interests first, then worry about keeping our allies happy. We have been treated like a door mat by many countries, friend & foe alike.
It is about time we took a more nationalist view, just like all other countries do.

As to your last comment, let me assure you the overwhelming number of people who voted for Trump are very glad they did. Every time Hillary & Co open up their mouths, it reminds us of how we dodged a bullet.

`

Old 05-29-2018, 09:32 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
She has no idea what it's like to be an American as the Clintons think they're royalty and above the law.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Former First Daughter Chelsea Clinton ripped President Trump in a recent interview with United Kingdom newspaper The Guardian, Todd Piro reported Monday on "Fox & Friends."

Clinton commented on Trump's planned summer trip to meet with Prime Minister Theresa May, saying that she wished she could help bring the anti-Trump resistance overseas, Piro said.

Clinton said she has attended "multiple protests" against the former New York mogul since his 2016 election.

"If I lived in Britain, I would show up to protest because I don't agree with what [Trump] is doing to degrade what it means to be an American," she said.

Chelsea Clinton: Trump 'Degrading What It Means to Be an American' | Fox News Insider
the Clintons degraded America in every chance they had
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies