Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 10:39 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,795,118 times

Advertisements

Only problem with her statement is that the consumer confidence numbers are near record highs. What is wrong with this lady?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdl_6g8x4ns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 10:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
To be fair, it is why in part that Hillary lost. Pelosi doesn't understand the country though. What is wrong with her? She is totally out of touch everywhere.

The (R)'s are going to be all over Wall Street doing good. Now I'm generalizing a bit but they are good with Wall Street representing the economy.

Those of us that do not believe that want an alternative. The (D)'s do not want to provide that alternative so those like myself will look elsewhere.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:46 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Besides being out of touch, she really seems to be showing signs of dementia, its sad. She needs to go, thats not a partisan opinion, its just reality I think even for the people who share political views with her, she is a liability to them, she just doesn't seem all there.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:58 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Facts don’t matter to the Leftists. They remain convinced that they can tell their Echo Chamber absolutely anything and the sheep will believe it. History tells her they will believe anything she says.

She is correct about one thing. Consumer Confidence is a strong indicator & the extremely high consumer confidence today will impact the elections.

Leftists preach Doom & Gloom while real people are seeing reality.
The Left is totally out of touch.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:58 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Besides being out of touch, she really seems to be showing signs of dementia, its sad. She needs to go, thats not a partisan opinion, its just reality I think even for the people who share political views with her, she is a liability to them, she just doesn't seem all there.

Its sort of a mixed thing. She has been insanely effective in keeping the Democrats together and focused. But she is showing signs of just missing it every now and then. I think a lot of folks in congress can't toss her overboard because they can't see anyone doing better then her-issues and all. That will change if things get worse, but right now she is still amazingly effective. Even with her mind wandering at times.

And the right seem utterly unable to beat her.

My personal opinion? Its time for her to retire and maybe sit with Boehner and chat over some wine while they watch their replacements fumble around.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:02 PM

27,578 posts, read 28,680,428 times
She has to spin it some way.

There really is no other option.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:04 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
She has to spin it some way.

There really is no other option.
The unemployment rate is really 40%, BigCityDreamer. Dont try to deny it.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:08 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
When in doubt, move the goalposts around, right?

I'm sticking to what I've always done. Labor Force Participation Rate. (The higher the better.) Am I impressed with Trump's accomplishments? No not really. But I have to acknowledge that we're no longer constantly getting worse and worse like we saw under Obama. Trump's tenure has seen the LFPR flatline, which frankly debunks the myths that Dems were constantly using as excuses for Obama's terrible LFPR performance. Stopping the bleeding is a good thing.

You can color me impressed when Trump gets the LFPR moving upwards.

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
Seasonally Adjusted
Labor force status: Civilian labor force participation rate
Type of data: Percent or rate

Old 06-07-2018, 12:45 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
like many Democrats, she needs a reality check.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:52 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
To be fair, it is why in part that Hillary lost. Pelosi doesn't understand the country though. What is wrong with her? She is totally out of touch everywhere.

The (R)'s are going to be all over Wall Street doing good. Now I'm generalizing a bit but they are good with Wall Street representing the economy.

Those of us that do not believe that want an alternative. The (D)'s do not want to provide that alternative so those like myself will look elsewhere.
Hilary lost because of a system that means every vote isn't equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies