Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 12:54 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...d-do-it-again/

The owners explanation to me sounds like she needs to post a note on the door to say who is welcome and who not.

How rude to ask for someone to leave based on owners own words.

The left has now lowered the bar.

I’m counting the days till this restaurant will be closed. I bet many others will be appalled by this handling and not just Republicans who will stay away.

This is not refusing to serve but an already served partybeing kicked out for ridiculous reasons.

Or people should eat there and leave zero tip for rude employees and owner.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:05 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
given the political environment, i would bet that democrats are going to be increasing their support for this restaurant, at least for a while.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:06 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
From the article:

Quote:
And she knew — she believed — that Sarah Huckabee Sanders worked in the service of an “inhumane and unethical” administration. That she publicly defended the president’s cruelest policies, and that that could not stand.

“I’m not a huge fan of confrontation,” Wilkinson said. “I have a business, and I want the business to thrive. This feels like the moment in our democracy when people have to make uncomfortable actions and decisions to uphold their morals.”
So securing our borders from illegal aliens, potential criminals, drug dealers, gang members, and terrorists is inhumane, unethical, and also immoral? I think this woman is just another butt hurt, far left Progressive over Hillary LOSING. She is also a radical feminist activist, and a New York transplant.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:12 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You have a problem with New Yorkers?
Hillary is not originally from New York.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:14 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
ms wilkinson, you are going to lose your business as people who wont accept you asking customers to leave your business due to political differences.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:18 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times
I guess I am one of the few who feels that she is a paying customer. For the owner to kick out someone over their employees being offended...that's a bit crazy. Especially for the employer to literally make the drive in. Who knows, they could have been awesome tippers and it sucks to be the server in that case. If I owned a restaurant, I would still suck it up and serve someone even though I don't agree with their political beliefs.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:22 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
given the political environment, i would bet that democrats are going to be increasing their support for this restaurant, at least for a while.

Well, what do you expect when we have a president that doesn't support transgenders in the military and actually arrests people entering the country illegally!

"Several Red Hen employees are gay, she said. They knew Sanders had defended Trump’s desire to bar transgender people from the military. This month, they had all watched her evade questions and defend a Trump policy that caused migrant children to be separated from their parents."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.99929ef9fff8

Old 06-24-2018, 01:26 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The left has now lowered the bar.

I’m counting the days till this restaurant will be closed. I bet many others will be appalled by this handling and not just Republicans who will stay away.
Yea, that bar is pretty close to hitting the floor at this point.

Bolded above: appalled on the Left? Unsurprisingly, no.
I looked at the article about this on Huff Poo (yea, I help my nose) and those commenters are as nasty as the restaurant owner and are on board with what she did. And to think that most of them are or did raise children.

Dem Party slogan: Putting more jackazzes into the world -- it's what we do!

Old 06-24-2018, 01:28 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Judging from this restaurants recent reviews. I give it 6/ months until it closes doors. Want to play politics? Good luck . You just alienated 50% of your customers .

Old 06-24-2018, 01:31 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, what do you expect when we have a president that doesn't support transgenders in the military and actually arrests people entering the country illegally!
LOL, yea...I'll bet you lose sleep about all 5 transgender people who want to be in the military and can't be. Please, spare us the manufactured distress.

And the last part of that sentence it completely hilarious and absurd.

Hey America, guess what? We arrest people who commit criminal acts. Isn't that awful? ROFL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies