Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 06:09 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...d-do-it-again/

The owners explanation to me sounds like she needs to post a note on the door to say who is welcome and who not.

How rude to ask for someone to leave based on owners own words.

The left has now lowered the bar.

I’m counting the days till this restaurant will be closed. I bet many others will be appalled by this handling and not just Republicans who will stay away.

This is not refusing to serve but an already served partybeing kicked out for ridiculous reasons.

Or people should eat there and leave zero tip for rude employees and owner.
Maybe she saw her as a fatty and wanted to give her a few extra days to live instead of her dying from heart disease.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:12 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Why don't you tell the entire story?

The owner came to the restaurant after SH and her party had already been served their their drinks and appetizers. The owner told SH that SH and her party were not welcome.
That's not true. The owner said the rest of the people could stay if they wanted to. They decided to leave with Sanders.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:13 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
I absolutely, positively support this owner and the owner who kicked the Trump hat wearing guy out of the bar. It is their businesses.

BUT REMEMBER, equal protection, equality under the law, IT WORKS BOTH WAYS.

What's good for the goose....

The guy with the stupid cap was kicked out for being belligerent.

SHS was kicked out because “We don’t serve your kind here.”

I’m surprised any of the Trump team dines out. Restaurant kitchen staff tend to be Hispanic. I believe that’s why the two chefs backed out of opening restaurants in Trunp’s DC hotel.

Who knows what is going into your meal when you eat food prepared by those who despise you.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:32 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Then you better take off your shoes and count on your toes too, because this business isn't going anywhere. They have been there forever, their on line reviews are all 5 star, and their customer base mostly voted AGAINST Trump. If anything, their business will now flourish, as like minded people seek them out, and they got a lot of free advertising.

Looks like a great little restaurant, I may just take a little drive some day and go there. I will be sure to ask for the owner, shake her hand, and tell her I would have done exactly the same thing.

Her business, her right to serve who she wants.
This is true, but potential customers will go elsewhere now that there's commotion out on the sidewalk.
Dropping 2-bills on dinner doesn't include yelling and screaming.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:34 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Property owners can deny service and ask anyone to leave at any point in time.

For being Sarah H. Sanders.
For being white.
For being black.
Cuz it's cloudy outside.

Doesn't matter. Property rights are absolute.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:35 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Sarah was defending the cake decision a few weeks back, karma is s female dog.
Nobody is denying the owner's right not to serve. I don't see Sander filing a law suit like the Gays did with the Baker. This is not similar to that at all. All people are doing is commenting on the intolerance of a far left Progressive, and a Gay kitchen worker who are NOT TOLERANT of other people's political views.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:36 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times
I suspect that for a while the restaurant will get some increased support from liberal diners, but immediately they will lose support from conservative diners. Will conservative diners ever feel comfortable eating their? I doubt it. Will liberal diners get tired of driving out of their way to spend their money there just to keep them from going out of business? Probably. It’s probably a good thing the place is relatively small, so I give them less than two years before they go out of business, unless they do a major mea culpa and somehow turn things around.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:37 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
My only issue is this needs to be addressed BEFORE dining patrons enter the business. Signs on the door. Ads in the newspaper/TV. Word of mouth. Whatever. Make everything clear upfront, not after reservations have been accepted and tables have been filled. What happened at the Red Hen is childish and typical of the liberal mindset.
The reservation was made in her husband's name.

The entire party was there before she showed up (she was late).

So, the restaurant had no idea she was going to be there.

And, speaking of being childish and typical of the conservative mindset, see what happened to a restaurant in New Jersey that happens to have the same name as the one in Virginia (not related at all):

https://www.nj.com/gloucester-county.../post_145.html

I'll copy some of the text because I know no one will read the article:

"It was off the chart," she said. "Then the hostess comes to me and says, 'people are calling and yelling and swearing.'"

They had no idea what was going on until they read the news online: A restaurant by the same name nearly 300 miles away in Virginia had asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave.

We're in no way, shape or form affiliated with them," Pope said of the establishment in Virginia. Pope said she posted on her workplace's Facebook page to clarify that they were not in Virginia and not associated with that restaurant, but many haven't stopped to read it before firing off reviews and nasty comments.

They are getting threats like "your place is going to be burned down" and "I'll make sure you lose your business".

Angry conservatives are leaving ratings of "1", citing that the restaurant has flies and other problems, which are non-existent. The restaurant's on-line rating has gone from 5 to 3.8 just because of the imbeciles who can't tell Virginia from New Jersey.

They just respond to the dog whistle without even thinking.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:37 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,505,278 times
And yet liberals say conservatives are the divisive ones... give me a break.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:38 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
I wouldn't do it, but if she wants to tell her to leave it's her restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies