Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 09:57 AM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...d-do-it-again/

The owner's explanation to me sounds like she needs to post a note on the door to say who is welcome and who is not.

How rude to ask for someone to leave based on owners' own words.

The left has now lowered the bar.

I’m counting the days till this restaurant will be closed. I bet many others will be appalled by this handling and not just Republicans who will stay away.

This is not refusing to serve but an already served party being kicked out for ridiculous reasons.

Or people should eat there and leave zero tip for rude employees and owner.

It's really sad how things have become. Now, it's one thing for restaurants to have a sign saying "WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE" hanging around, and that's always been for protection of the business. I get that, and I'm sure you do, too. But the reason displayed in this incident is just completely frivolous. Sarah Sanders was not hurting anyone, and people have a right to go eat wherever they want. Plus, like you pointed out, the party had already sat down and started eating.

Liberals have, indeed, lowered the bar, but that party keeps stooping to a new low every week, and it's an ugly display of closed-mindedness. And this from a political party that was supposed to be about "compassion". From Dems, I've seen nothing of the sort. It's just another hate group today. I hope that eatery does close.

Very, very soon.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:59 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
What's so terrible about it? Surely the restaurant wants everyone to know where they stand, and that certain people aren't welcome.
Government officials, IMO, should never be calling out a single business. Especially on an official medium.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:05 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
So if this woman, the owner of the Red Hen, ever show up at my hospital where I work and need treatment, I will just do half of my job, and then I will simply just tell her that her political views are offensive and I want her to leave and better luck at the next hospital.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 06-24-2018 at 10:21 AM..

Old 06-24-2018, 10:07 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
It's really sad how things have become. Now, it's one thing for restaurants to have a sign saying "WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE" hanging around, and that's always been for protection of the business. I get that, and I'm sure you do, too. But the reason displayed in this incident is just completely frivolous. Sarah Sanders was not hurting anyone, and people have a right to go eat wherever they want. Plus, like you pointed out, the party had already sat down and started eating.

Liberals have, indeed, lowered the bar, but that party keeps stooping to a new low every week, and it's an ugly display of closed-mindedness. And this from a political party that was supposed to be about "compassion". From Dems, I've seen nothing of the sort. It's just another hate group today. I hope that eatery does close.

Very, very soon.

No, Sarah wasn't hurting anyone. She wasn't asking them to do anything that they weren't doing for other patrons. I feel badly for her family members too.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:08 AM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Government officials, IMO, should never be calling out a single business. Especially on an official medium.
Why not? The business called out Sarah Huckabee. Why should they object?

Old 06-24-2018, 10:08 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The gay couple targeted the bakery based on his religious beliefs in order to make a point. I doubt the Sanders party had any notion that the owner was such a rabid anti-Trumper. Too bad they didn't see this pic of the family - all wearing their pink pu**** hats.

https://theconservativetreehouse.fil...hen-owners.jpg
No the gay couple went to the bakery recommended by their wedding planner.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:20 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Why not? The business called out Sarah Huckabee. Why should they object?
Because the government should always act impartially. The response should have been simply "private business owners have the right to choose who they serve". Instead she chose to retaliate. But what law did the restaurant break?

Old 06-24-2018, 10:20 AM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Cons dropped the bar completely when they voted for that piece of crap trump.
Hopefully, the Red Hen will post this as a sign prominently in their window.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:21 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm wondering what's become of the people who say a business has the right to refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason.

They're awfully quiet.
They do...but that doesn't mean we can't think they are idiotic morons who shouldn't run a business and they truly deserve to fail just for being dumb. But like you said...it's their right to be stupid. Same goes for bakers who don't want to bake wedding cakes for same sex couples.
Personally, I would never knowingly shop or dine anywhere where they do this.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:25 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
They do...but that doesn't mean we can't think they are idiotic morons who shouldn't run a business and they truly deserve to fail just for being dumb. But like you said...it's their right to be stupid.
Again, nobody is trying to stop the business owner from throwing people out they don't like for political reasons. We are exercising our right to comment on her decision, not sue, or pass more stupid laws. That is what Leftists would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies