Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 01:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Its stupid to refuse service to politically connected, polite and well heeled people in any business.

i will go you one further, unless you have proper grounds, it is stupid to refuse service to anyone. i may not like gang bangers, but as long as they pay their bills, and dont cause problems, i would have no reason to refuse them service in a business.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:31 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
One must be pretty spoiled, arrogant, or just stupid to alienate a large portion of their potential customer base. Plus this entire episode shined a bright light on the deficiencies of the place including unclean conditions, insects (roaches), and low quality food, and service.
I read the review from a customerwho was sick (suspected the food), told a waitress, and her reply was "It happens". Then she asked if they were done, because other patrons needed to be seated. Another review mentioned dry pork chops and mediocre drinks.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:38 PM

1,923 posts, read 84,147 times
My own opinion I agree with what the restaurant owner did....I know lots of people don't, but hey this is my OPINION! If I had a restaurant and Miss Piggy came in I would refuse to give her any service.

Why be a hipocrite and serve food to someone who HATES AMERICA!

Old 06-24-2018, 01:44 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I certainly am no fan of Sarah, but she did handle this with class. She is going to have to do a lot of damage control to her reputation when she leaves this administration, a lot of us see her lying through her teeth daily and wonder how any person can do that, regardless of the paycheck involved.
You mean like every press secretary before her?

Old 06-24-2018, 01:48 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
ewww. Is this where Sara took her family to eat?
Fun fact: all restaurants have these issues occasionally. It’s how they deal with it that matters. If you are in the south, especially New Orleans, know that the restaurant probably has roach and possibly rat problems. Look at how old the French Quarter is, and it’s in a swamp. But I have never had a bad meal in New Orleans. I just pray they keep it clean and get rid of the problem when it occurs.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:49 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I read the review from a customerwho was sick (suspected the food), told a waitress, and her reply was "It happens". Then she asked if they were done, because other patrons needed to be seated. Another review mentioned dry pork chops and mediocre drinks.
And it is most likely a bogus review. Notice all of the reviews on the 23th and 24th having claimed to have just eaten ther. There form Tx, Ca, Il. The motel 6 must have been packed.

I used to live in that area. It is a small town with three colleges that are not in semester right now. A whole lot of bogus reviews are being entered. It should be obvious.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:53 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Conservatives will argue that places shouldn't have to serve gay customers, but get their panties in a wad over Sanders being kicked out of a restaurant. You've been arguing for years now that businesses shouldn't have to serve those with values different from theirs. Now you're upset because your heroes are on the receiving end. Be consistent with your outrage, at least.

That is a lie and you know it. The bakers offered to sell their non-customized products to the homosexual couple - which they refused. So it was not the people which were being rejected, but only the particular srvice they requested.

But you and the anti-Christian bigot Democrat left know all of this.

In this instance, it is the actual person who was rejected, and that based on ideological intolerance, which makes this an act of bigotry, plain and simple.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:54 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That’s the problem with people today. They lack the maturity to accept that people will have differences of opinion. And with social media, people’s lives are ruined in an instant. Social media has been the single most destructive thing to happen to society in my lifetime. And here I am on social media, but at least this forum is anonymous.
I agree. I have heard how some soldiers get into major trouble with their command because of their wives on social media. Some have even been kicked out of housing at our location.
I prefer this forum because you create your own screen name. This way if I want to vent about something, say something a screen shot is not taken and shared with the world....like the FB world.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:57 PM

20,121 posts, read 9,036,439 times
Somehow I don't think this revelation that you can serve who you want (except protected classes) is going to work out the way liberals think it will.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:58 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And it is most likely a bogus review. Notice all of the reviews on the 23th and 24th having claimed to have just eaten ther. There form Tx, Ca, Il. The motel 6 must have been packed.

I used to live in that area. It is a small town with three colleges that are not in semester right now. A whole lot of bogus reviews are being entered. It should be obvious.
It is to sane people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies