Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 11:03 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Sorry, but no. There’s simply no excuse and no justification for the way she was treated. The restaurant owner and staff should “stand up for their beliefs” on their own personal time and not during work.
Its a private business.
They may have one of those signs ..we reserve the right to refuse service...
.or ....no shirt no shoes no service...

Sanders is not a public servant.
She serves the devil.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:13 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
https://pjmedia.com/trending/mike-hu...nized-protest/

Mike Huckabee: Red Hen Owner Followed Sanders' Party to Another Restaurant and Organized Protest

Mike Huckabee told Laura Ingraham today that the story didn't end there. "Once Sarah and her family left — and, of course, Sarah was asked to please vacate — Sarah and her husband just went home," he said. "They had sort of had enough."
But the rest of her family went across the street to another restaurant, he explained, and that's when things got even more absurd.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Its a private business.
They may have one of those signs ..we reserve the right to refuse service...
.or ....no shirt no shoes no service...

Sanders is not a public servant.
She serves the devil.
Hyperbole much?

Old 06-25-2018, 11:20 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Sorry, but no. There’s simply no excuse and no justification for the way she was treated. The restaurant owner and staff should “stand up for their beliefs” on their own personal time and not during work.
The owner? She had a right, but perhaps she will never think again about doing something like that in this day and age. The mob has spoken. People’s lives can be ruined on social media.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:38 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,104,601 times
I think the Red Hen owner was within her rights. People who own private businesses do have a right to deny services to people who espouse viewpoint that the owner is strongly, religiously opposed to. That's what the Supreme court said, and there is a history of that in this country. But I don't agree with shouting people down, as in what was done to Kirstjen Nielson and others. I think that the in-your-face screaming, getting in peoples' way, crowding in and shouting obscenities is dangerous. It could break into violence with just a small mistake or mistaken interpretation. I don't this that kind of intimidation at Planned Parenthood or abortion clinics is right, so why would I think it was right in other settings?

The owner at the Red Hen reportedly took Sarah aside and politely asked her to leave. That is a lot different from screaming in her face, trying to whip up a crowd.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:01 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I think the Red Hen owner was within her rights. People who own private businesses do have a right to deny services to people who espouse viewpoint that the owner is strongly, religiously opposed to. That's what the Supreme court said, and there is a history of that in this country. But I don't agree with shouting people down, as in what was done to Kirstjen Nielson and others. I think that the in-your-face screaming, getting in peoples' way, crowding in and shouting obscenities is dangerous. It could break into violence with just a small mistake or mistaken interpretation. I don't this that kind of intimidation at Planned Parenthood or abortion clinics is right, so why would I think it was right in other settings?

The owner at the Red Hen reportedly took Sarah aside and politely asked her to leave. That is a lot different from screaming in her face, trying to whip up a crowd.
Yet, she left her establishment to follow Sarah's party ACROSS THE STREET to another restaurant to continue the in-your-face harassment. That was NOT within her rights.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:51 AM

472 posts, read 326,056 times
The owner of the Red Hen is a bigot. Plain and simple.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:21 AM

11,794 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Yet, she left her establishment to follow Sarah's party ACROSS THE STREET to another restaurant to continue the in-your-face harassment. That was NOT within her rights.

And the one was not a Trump supporter and he came out and spoke to them:

Red Hen owner stalked Sarah Sanders’ family

These people assume too much. I have friends who are staunch Democrats and we know better than to talk politics - but it doesn't mean that we can't be friends and yet liberals think that everyone surrounding Sanders have the same political beliefs she does. Let's see the liberal media tell this side of the story - ain't going to happen.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:27 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,244,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
She is a merchant of hate.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:55 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
She is a merchant of hate.
Totally agree with both. That owner and her snowflake employees couldn't have made it any clearer.

In my view, too many on this thread have just made weak justifications for the boorish behavior because they feel compelled to defend their political religion. Had the tables been turned, they'd be howling their heads off. Hypocrites, as always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies