Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 03:16 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I have discovered that this behavior is becoming the "modus operandi" for liberals. Despite the fact that they are lambasting Republicans as Nazis, they themselves are the ones proactively creating (in their own minds) an "inferior" class who, they insist with all the arrogance and supremacy they can muster, deserves to be shunned or silenced. It is especially ironic when you consider that they criticize conservatives for prejudice against illegal aliens, while applauding and encouraging discriminatory treatment to anyone who dares express a different opinion.

Less than 80 years ago, Nazis had signs in stores that said "No Jews allowed." Given what liberals are advocating, are we that far off from seeing signs that say "No Trump Voters allowed"?

People choose to follow Trump.

Did the Jews decide to be Jewish?

SHS was judged on the content of her character, not asked to leave because of her religion or ethnicity.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm not seeing the issue here. You can also stop serving a person if they start behaving inappropriately for your establishment or you realize they're the guy from channel 5 who stole your neighbors prized petunias, can you not?

There is no "the appetizer arrived, so you're stuck with me" clause in retail or food service.

you can stop serving a person if they are being disruptive, or otherwise behaving inappropriately, but sanders was doing nothing wrong in the restaurant. as for the other, unless there is proof that the guy from channel 5 did in fact steal said flowers, what can you do about it? you can call the cops on him if you like, and you can refuse him service, since you have proof of a crime.

but what these people did was not any of those things, they refused her service because of their own hate of anything trump. they did in fact inject politics into the issue here, and that wont serve them well in the business arena. there are times you have to serve people you dont like, and you have to be professional about it. otherwise the business is going to lose money and die on the vine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The denial of baking that cake was based on personal, subjective criteria, same as denial of Sanders' being served at a restaurant. Denial of service based on subjective, personal criteria of the seller. Period.

Both are perfectly acceptable to me because I stand solidly behind all associations being 100% voluntary. It's the only logically consistent position to hold.

Denial of service based on subjective, personal criteria. Same as not baking a cake based on subjective, personal criteria. Same as denying any service based on subjective, personal criteria.

I am fine with denials of service based on subjective, personal criteria. The goods/services offered by the seller belong to them, and all associations should be voluntary. I wouldn't personally do it, since money is money, but if someone else wants to give me their market share because they have subjective, personal criteria to uphold...cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Not in my jurisdiction. They're unscheduled. How about the rest of my post, what exactly is the restaurant going to get shut down for & for how long?

the bakery owners refused on religious grounds. and the scotus ruled in that manner, despite your dislike for the ruling. they also allowed bakers to refuse to write things on cakes that were obscene, or inflammatory. if you were a baker, and someone came to you to create a birthday cake for adolph hitler, would you do it? or would you refuse to decorate the cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The owner only asked that Sanders leave. She offered to still serve the rest of the party and when they declined and offered to pay, the owner said it was on the house. The owner handled it respectfully unlike what Sanders did afterward on twitter.

alright then lets make this personal to YOU. lets say you went out to a restaurant to have dinner with family and friends, but the owner came to you and asked you personally to leave, for what ever reason despite the fact that you were there minding your own business. maybe they dont like who you work for, or they dont like you personally. would you stay? would you leave your family and friends? or would your family and friends leave with you in support of you? i can tell you that is someone did that to you, and i was part of your party, i would follow your lead and support you.

as for what sanders did afterwards, she handled it just fine. she didnt insult the restaurant owner, she just said that she tried to treat people with respect, and will continue to do so.

if you were asked to leave a restaurant, wouldnt you put something up on twitter or facebook if you had those accounts to let others know what happened to you in that restaurant? and it doesnt matter if you work for the government or not, or work in a high profile job or not, you are going to let others know that you were not treated well at that restaurant.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:35 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,499,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
People choose to follow Trump.

Did the Jews decide to be Jewish?

SHS was judged on the content of her character, not asked to leave because of her religion or ethnicity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I have discovered that this behavior is becoming the "modus operandi" for liberals. Despite the fact that they are lambasting Republicans as Nazis, they themselves are the ones proactively creating (in their own minds) an "inferior" class who, they insist with all the arrogance and supremacy they can muster, deserves to be shunned or silenced. It is especially ironic when you consider that they criticize conservatives for prejudice against illegal aliens, while applauding and encouraging discriminatory treatment to anyone who dares express a different opinion.

Less than 80 years ago, Nazis had signs in stores that said "No Jews allowed." Given what liberals are advocating, are we that far off from seeing signs that say "No Trump Voters allowed"?
She was judged on the "content of her character" according to liberals, who in their arrogance and supremacy (as I stated above), take it upon themselves to decide who is good and who is evil. It is completely subjective, and isn't correct just because liberals have decided it is. I could just as well say that YOU, in proclaiming who is "worthy" of being served or rejected, is indicative of a very hostile, judgmental, intolerant mind - and of questionable character. No soup for you!

That is a very dangerous slope, my friend.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:00 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you can stop serving a person if they are being disruptive, or otherwise behaving inappropriately, but sanders was doing nothing wrong in the restaurant. as for the other, unless there is proof that the guy from channel 5 did in fact steal said flowers, what can you do about it? you can call the cops on him if you like, and you can refuse him service, since you have proof of a crime.

but what these people did was not any of those things, they refused her service because of their own hate of anything trump. they did in fact inject politics into the issue here, and that wont serve them well in the business arena. there are times you have to serve people you dont like, and you have to be professional about it. otherwise the business is going to lose money and die on the vine.

the bakery owners refused on religious grounds. and the scotus ruled in that manner, despite your dislike for the ruling. they also allowed bakers to refuse to write things on cakes that were obscene, or inflammatory. if you were a baker, and someone came to you to create a birthday cake for adolph hitler, would you do it? or would you refuse to decorate the cake?

alright then lets make this personal to YOU. lets say you went out to a restaurant to have dinner with family and friends, but the owner came to you and asked you personally to leave, for what ever reason despite the fact that you were there minding your own business. maybe they dont like who you work for, or they dont like you personally. would you stay? would you leave your family and friends? or would your family and friends leave with you in support of you? i can tell you that is someone did that to you, and i was part of your party, i would follow your lead and support you.

as for what sanders did afterwards, she handled it just fine. she didnt insult the restaurant owner, she just said that she tried to treat people with respect, and will continue to do so.

if you were asked to leave a restaurant, wouldnt you put something up on twitter or facebook if you had those accounts to let others know what happened to you in that restaurant? and it doesnt matter if you work for the government or not, or work in a high profile job or not, you are going to let others know that you were not treated well at that restaurant.
Sarah posted on twitter in response to the information that an employee at the Red Hen posted online first showing what they had done. She had every right to tell her side once information about it was posted.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:22 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,082,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
They comped SHS's meal.
Just the appetizers.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:38 PM

15,630 posts, read 10,383,806 times
wow. the red hen restaurant owner and others followed sarah sanders family members to another restaurant after leaving the red hen restaurant and harassed them by yelling, screaming, and creating a scene, even though sarah and her husband were no longer with them. I am completely appalled.

the leftists are really frightening. they are truly scary.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:40 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,653,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
wow. the red hen restaurant owner and others followed sarah sanders family members to another restaurant after leaving the red hen restaurant and harassed them by yelling, screaming, and creating a scene, even after sarah and her husband left the group. I am completely appalled. the leftists are really frightening. they are truly scary.
Link????

Old 06-25-2018, 04:42 PM

15,630 posts, read 10,383,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Link????
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ays/ar-AAza6Rs

Old 06-25-2018, 04:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
wow. the red hen restaurant owner and others followed sarah sanders family members to another restaurant after leaving the red hen restaurant and harassed them by yelling, screaming, and creating a scene, even though sarah and her husband were no longer with them. I am completely appalled.

the leftists are really frightening. they are truly scary.
I wonder if Waters and other leftist think this will actually win people over?

Doing things like this, even believing it is ok to do this is a sign of extremism. It's dangerous because these extremist will start to get even more aggressive.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:48 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,653,845 times
Quote:
Good for them and more power to them. She wanted this life, she is getting what she gives out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies