Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 01:08 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasAguilas View Post
There was no POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE..SHE ASKED SARAH SANDERS TO LEAVE BUT SHE DID NOT YELL, SHE TOLD HER FACE TO FACE!

But, sarahSanders has no right to say it in the Gov tweeter account. will see..who wins, I am betting the owner of the rest will win
I asked who she was going to sue.

Sarah verified that she was asked to leave...with went hand in hand with the owners interviews. This is a very petty thing and honestly, I hope if it does go as far as going to court the judge throws it out. Actions have consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Go to Face book and type in Historic Downtown Lexington - the community is upset about the situation.
As they should be. Because of one business owners actions (which apparently she is on the board there), their whole community can suffer. I went to the city governments FB page and there are a few really good comments there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
No Trump fan but it's really a bad business decision. Customers come in all variations of political beliefs. The restaurant business is highly competitive. The last thing you want to do is create a controversy that reduces a potential customer base. The owner let her emotions run amuck and now she's probably going to pay a price.
I agree she let her emotions run amuck and that this was a really bad business decision. What is happening to our country that people can't let a difference of opinion keep from providing a service. When I worked at a certain place, just because a "customer" said they needed a "certificate of credible coverage so she could get an abortion and that abortions are her chosen form of birth control", I still had to put my feelings aside and go see what I could do about getting one for her sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
It seems the crazed, bigoted and intolerant business owner of the soon-to-be Dead Hen Restaurant decided that she owned the town and FOLLOWED some of the Sanders party to the next restaurant they went to and continued protesting their existence.

Hear info from Sarah Sanders father describing it, scroll to 23:30, to hear that part: https://www.podcastone.com/The-Laura...m-Show-Podcast

Print info about it.
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/0...nt-to-protest/

I have a solution. Let's ask that restaurants and stores put signage in their windows that declare one or the other:

Democrats Only OR All People Welcome.

From the behavior of bigots like Ms. Wilkerson, I'm guessing they would be happier to serve only those that buy their strident dogma.

P.S. Don't start with the bakery comparison until you know the FACTS regarding that situation.
Thanks for the link. It was very interesting interview.
The sad part is, it almost feels like this is a modern day segregation. Has our country not learned from our past?

Old 06-25-2018, 01:11 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
She would probably comp them the meal.
They comped SHS's meal.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:22 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Threats of violence against the wrong Red Hen. Not only are some folks on the right militant. They are also dumb.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...ews/ar-AAz9lfQ

Old 06-25-2018, 01:27 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
One thing that people who wield great power often fail to viscerally understand is what it feels like to have power wielded against you. This imbalance is the source of many of the most monstrous decisions that get made by powerful people and institutions. The people who start the wars do not have bombs dropped on their houses. The people who pass the laws that incarcerate others never have to face the full force of the prison system themselves. The people who design the economic system that inflicts poverty on millions are themselves rich. This sort of insulation from the real world consequences of political and economic decisions makes it very easy for powerful people to approve of things happening to the rest of us that they would never, ever tolerate themselves. No health insurance CEO would watch his child die due to their inability to afford quality health care. No chickenhawk Congressman will be commanding a tank battle in Iran. No opportunistic race-baiting politician will be shunned because of their skin color. Zealots condemn gay people—except for their own gay children. The weed-smoking of young immigrants should get them deported—but our own weed-smoking was a youthful indiscretion. Environmentalist celebrities fly on carbon-spouting private jets. Banks make ostentatious charity donations while raking in billions from investments in defense contractors and gun manufacturers and oil companies. This is human nature. It is very, very easy to do things that hurt others as long as those same things benefit, rather than hurt, you. Self-justification is a specialty of mankind.

There is little incentive for those who work within that system to change it in a way that might create the sort of negative feedback that can be unpleasant. Therefore it is the job of the public to do just that. Doing so is, in fact, a public service. It promotes good government.

This is a country that is “tough on crime.” Remember? And the ones who make the laws are not going to like what happens when America starts to regard them as the criminals.
https://splinternews.com/this-is-jus...ing-1827099100

Old 06-25-2018, 01:33 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Threats of violence against the wrong Red Hen. Not only are some folks on the right militant. They are also dumb.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...ews/ar-AAz9lfQ
People are seriously letting their emotions get the best out of them. If one wants to complain about a specific business, make sure you have the correct location. This is where people are also lacking common sense. I am all for not doing business with specific locations of businesses. Some are managed better than others.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:41 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
front page story on the WaPo:

Liberal hostility toward Trump aides could galvanize the GOP base

Old 06-25-2018, 01:47 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post

This person is delusional. We've known that the liberals and rhinos are criminals for years.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:13 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Democrats going back to their ways. They are exercising their Jim Crow laws on Republicans now.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:18 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I hope its able to handle the influx of customers Trump just sent their way. Reminds me of Obama and gun sales.
I've never heard of the Red Hen but I definitely would consider trying it at least once now, my guess is this will help them. I'm sure some people would appreciate the boycott from the rabid Trump supports anyway. No big loss there.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:00 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
I have discovered that this behavior is becoming the "modus operandi" for liberals. Despite the fact that they are lambasting Republicans as Nazis, they themselves are the ones proactively creating (in their own minds) an "inferior" class who, they insist with all the arrogance and supremacy they can muster, deserves to be shunned or silenced. It is especially ironic when you consider that they criticize conservatives for prejudice against illegal aliens, while applauding and encouraging discriminatory treatment to anyone who dares express a different opinion.

Less than 80 years ago, Nazis had signs in stores that said "No Jews allowed." Given what liberals are advocating, are we that far off from seeing signs that say "No Trump Voters allowed"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies