Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 11:00 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times

Advertisements

Liberals tend to be poor tippers so while they may flock to The Red Hen to support it, the servers probably will still see their pay take a hit. I like the idea of going there to eat and then leaving nothing for a tip. The servers will be at each others throats inside of a week.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:06 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If your deeply held belief is that it is wrong to rip children from their parents and keep them in cages then telling those who are involved with this to get the hell out of your restaurant seems fine to me.

However, I would rather they took her order and then an hour later given her a bill, insisted she had been served while being condescending and insulting.

Seems fair.
But you approve of ripping babies from a mother's womb right??? I call this hypocrisy - on top of that - no one is ripping children from their mother's arms. Many of the photos are cropped, misidentified as is the one shown on the front of time and it's not unusual for a baby to be upset if the parents have to leave or not permitted where the children are going. Haven't you ever gone out with your wife and your kids grab onto you and won't let go and the babysitting has to physically removed them?

Liberals have a very warped sense of right and wrong. It's right when they do it or approve of it but the same thing is wrong is they don't approve of it. You send so many mixed messages that the regular populace can't keep up.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:10 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
But you approve of ripping babies from a mother's womb right??? I call this hypocrisy - on top of that - no one is ripping children from their mother's arms. Many of the photos are cropped, misidentified as is the one shown on the front of time and it's not unusual for a baby to be upset if the parents have to leave or not permitted where the children are going. Haven't you ever gone out with your wife and your kids grab onto you and won't let go and the babysitting has to physically removed them?

Liberals have a very warped sense of right and wrong. It's right when they do it or approve of it but the same thing is wrong is they don't approve of it. You send so many mixed messages that the regular populace can't keep up.
Where did you hear that these photos are 'cropped or misidentified' ?

Old 06-25-2018, 11:14 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Sarah is so innocent, she left quietly as she said ....and told the world about it on Twitter, she must have been starving.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:24 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
]

What don't pig headed liberals get about DECORATING a cake depicting a religious ceremony that is against one's Christian beliefs is not the same as not allowing someone to eat at a restaurant because someone is black, white, male, female, gay, straight, ugly, pretty, fat, skinny, short, tall, stupid, smart, liberal, conservative etc...............

I don't even believe that you people believe this. It's just that it's all you've got.
Unlike the bakery situation involving religious beliefs Sarah does not have the opportunity to file a law suit and put the restaurant out of business.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:26 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Unlike the bakery situation involving religious beliefs Sarah does not have the opportunity to file a law suit and put the restaurant out of business.
Nor does she have the desire to sue like the Gays did who were shopping for just that opportunity. She was there with her family just to have dinner, not make any political statements.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:27 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Nor does she have the desire to sue like the Gays did who were shopping for just that opportunity. She was there with her family just to have dinner, not make any political statements.
But then she made one on her official WH twitter account.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:28 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So you're totally okay if restaurants refuse service to gays or blacks if that's what they want....same logic.
No... it's not. Denying a class of individuals is a violation of their civil rights.

This restaurant did not deny all white people, all women, or all married people. It denied Sarah Sanders and her dining party.

If an establishment refused service to some other politician's family and that politician happened to be black or gay or both, I would not say that's a sign they discriminate against ALL gays or all black people. The latter would be wrong. The former is fine.

All establishments reserve the right to refuse service to people... not to ENTIRE subsets of the population whose status is protected by law... women, black people, gay people, etc.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:32 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
If all restaurant owners kicked out liars from their restaurant they would have no customers!

And your comparing her to a rapist? This argument isn't making you look to good.
I wasn't comparing her to a rapist. So, the fact that you didn't understand how comparisons of types of people work says what?

I was saying, if you object to a person for some PERSONAL reason, you are not required to serve them.

I am referring to an individual, not a class of individuals.

If I do not want to serve a Native American who is also a murderer, that doesn't mean it's okay for everyone not to serve ANY Native Americans just because they don't like Native Americans.

I am pretty sure most Native Americans do not want to do business with other Native Americans who are murderers.

If I owned a restaurant, I would not want to serve Charles Manson, were he still alive and walking the streets.

That does not mean I have a problem with serving white men in general.

See how that works? And no, I do not think Sarah Sanders is like Charles Manson.

I just find her personally repugnant because she lies to the American people all the time for Trump.

Which seems to be why the owner did not want to serve her.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:35 AM

16,091 posts, read 10,757,764 times
The owner needs a sign: "No Trump Trailer Trash Liars"...that pretty much nails it for Sarah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies