Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 08:48 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ahh.... but the manager of this restaurant is not kicking out all Republicans. This manager is kicking out someone who lies to the American public every day.

That sounds personal, but has nothing to do with beliefs.

If you owned a place of business, and someone walked in who kicked your neighbor's dog every day, would you honestly serve that person, or would you tell them to find another place to eat because you do not think that kicking your neighbor's dog every day is okay?

How about a rapist? Think it's bad to refuse to serve one of those if you like?

Lying politicians and rapists and dog kickers do not belong to a protected class of citizens.

Gay people, do. So, if that rapist, lying politician, or dog kicker also happens to be gay? No issue with asking them to leave.

It's not them being gay that is getting them kicked out. It's them being an abhorrent person.
So you're totally okay if restaurants refuse service to gays or blacks if that's what they want....same logic.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Yep, that restaurant is going to be raided and shut down.
Shut down for what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://truthfeednews.com/well-well-...are-connected/

Well, Well, Well, Look How Meryl Steep and the Red Hen Restaurant Owner are Connected!
And?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I actually called the restaurant to see if the message in the video was real - but my call couldn't be completed due to calling restrictions.

Now the restaurant may survive with Streep's backing but the menu is upscale and pricey - https://redhenlex.com/menu/. You won't see too many "regulars" there as the menu is small and it's not a diner. Plus the median income in the town is $35488 in 2016. So many of the residents have probably never eaten there.

Posters feel more will come to eat there because of it's "popularity" now - maybe - but next week it will be another establishment in the headlines and The Red Hen will lose it's 15 minutes of fame. This was a horrible business decision.
Lol, you guys are so sad in your hysterical over the top faux outrage of what happened. Get over yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Have some bikers park out front and harass anyone wanting to enter and they won't be able to do any business. Time for some surprise health inspections.
Most health inspections are unscheduled. What are you thinking will happen with their health inspection? You think they'll be shut down? For what exactly? And for how long? You guys need to know what you're actually talking about before posting.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:49 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Wow, long post. You must have a lot of time on your hands.

What policies has Trump promoted, or put in place that are anti Gay? What laws have been proposed, or enacted, or have been changed that affect the LGBT community?
His admin has supportered a number of policies that others feel are intollerant. You can agree or disagree, but let's not pretend to not know the discussion is happening.

I know his base (and I'm pretty sure if I dig it up, I can find "he") supported the scotus decision in favor of the bakers. I get the POV that it was in favor of the bakers religious beliefs. Assume that is true, then how could anyone argue against the restaurant, if they don't want to support an (what THEY consider, by THEIR standards) a morally reprehensible cult?

I still say the better thing is that people serve those who come to their business to buy their products. I'd apply that to Red Hen and to the Baker. What is so difficult?

Old 06-25-2018, 08:50 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
We will have to add more protected classes or get rid of them altogether if this keeps up. The entire reason we created protected classes was because of this kind of thing. It should be all or nothing, really.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Trumpees in their zeal to hate are targeting the wrong Red Hen restaurant
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/tru...omments=disqus

Old 06-25-2018, 08:56 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ahh.... but the manager of this restaurant is not kicking out all Republicans. This manager is kicking out someone who lies to the American public every day.

That sounds personal, but has nothing to do with beliefs.

If you owned a place of business, and someone walked in who kicked your neighbor's dog every day, would you honestly serve that person, or would you tell them to find another place to eat because you do not think that kicking your neighbor's dog every day is okay?

How about a rapist? Think it's bad to refuse to serve one of those if you like?

Lying politicians and rapists and dog kickers do not belong to a protected class of citizens.

Gay people, do. So, if that rapist, lying politician, or dog kicker also happens to be gay? No issue with asking them to leave.

It's not them being gay that is getting them kicked out. It's them being an abhorrent person.
If all restaurant owners kicked out liars from their restaurant they would have no customers!

And your comparing her to a rapist? This argument isn't making you look to good.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:02 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So you're totally okay if restaurants refuse service to gays or blacks if that's what they want....same logic.
]

What don't pig headed liberals get about DECORATING a cake depicting a religious ceremony that is against one's Christian beliefs is not the same as not allowing someone to eat at a restaurant because someone is black, white, male, female, gay, straight, ugly, pretty, fat, skinny, short, tall, stupid, smart, liberal, conservative etc...............

I don't even believe that you people believe this. It's just that it's all you've got.

Last edited by 4dognight; 06-25-2018 at 09:16 AM..

Old 06-25-2018, 09:03 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
I still think they should’ve taken the order and never brought any food.

Every time Sarah Huckabee Sanders asked what about their food, they should’ve said they’d get back to her on that.

Then finally present them with a bill. When she complained, be snotty about it.

“Asked and answered, Sarah. Asked and answered.”

Old 06-25-2018, 09:05 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I still think they should’ve taken the order and never brought any food.

Every time Sarah Huckabee Sanders asked what about their food, they should’ve said they’d get back to her on that.

Then finally present them with a bill. When she complained, be snotty about it.
Claaaaaaaaaaasssy.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:16 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
]

What don't you pig headed liberals get about DECORATING a cake depicting a religious ceremony that is against one's Christian beliefs is not the same as not allowing someone to eat at a restaurant because someone is black, white, male, female, gay, straight, ugly, pretty, fat, skinny, short, tall, stupid, smart, liberal, conservative etc...............

I don't even believe that you people believe this. It's just that it's all you've got.
Good job. In your zeal to slobber & spew out your insults of liberals, you called one of your fellow cons a pig headed liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies