Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 12:38 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
same folks who argue for denying business to gays are prolly frustrated over this story.

the irony... oh the irony
Keep beating that dead horse. Maybe you'll get it killed by and by.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I don't think you understand how entertaining your comment is. The left hates what the baker did, but cheers what the Red Hen did. Duh.

Here's a tip. The baker didn't kick anyone out of his store. He didn't ask the gay guys to leave. He had served them in the past. It isn't about "baking a cake". It's about decorating one with images the baker found offensive. That's his right. The supreme Court agrees, even the liberal judges.
I wouldn't waste my keystrokes. These people ^ know this. It is just their job to take play devil's advocate.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:41 PM

34,233 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Keep beating that dead horse. Maybe you'll get it killed by and by.
Some people either ignore the differences in these stories to try to make an invalid point, or they aren't smart enough to see the obvious differences. Sad, but a good portion of the public is uniformed, and rely on others to generate their talking points for them.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:41 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
I don't like what they did. Not a fan of Sarah Huckapoo or Trump, but it sets a bad precedence. We can only eat at places that like our politics. That is crazy people. It's just buying into the political madness of the times.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:42 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
How about BLM tshirts? give them the boot?
She would probably comp them the meal.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:42 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Nope, he just prevents the from ever entering. Many are exclusive private clubs, that are far out of reach of the average (and above average) US Citizen.
There it is. The ever-present envy....never too far below the surface, it boils.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:50 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The local news is reporting lines around the block in support of the restaurant!!!!!
What a stupid lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Excellent!
Gullible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the red hen restaurant in Lexington Virginia is closed on Mondays. why would anyone be waiting in line?
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The Mrs and I are going to drive over there tomorrow and have lunch!I don't care if the food stinks I want them to know I back them!
They aren’t open for lunch, Sherlock.

https://redhenlex.com/

Old 06-25-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
But then she made one on her official WH twitter account.
Only after Ms Thang's lowlife employee posted a picture of the whiteboard with the 86 and other info about Sarah and her party.
Lowlife was proud of themselves and wanted to show the world and get pats on the back. We know what they say about pride goeth before the fall.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:58 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,028,155 times
employees were uneasy about serving SHS food. Wonder how they feel working there now? Plenty of crazies in this world.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:04 PM

13,962 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
You've missed the point entirely.
No, you ignore the point I am making.
Quote:
The law prohibits discrimination against specific categories of people. It prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, and sex.
The law is inconsistent. It prohibits denial of service based on one group of subjective personal criteria, and allows it for another group of personal, subjective criteria. I understand that and have made a point of acknowledging that the law itself is inconsistent.

That said, following an inconsistent law does not make the law or following it logically consistent. You cannot get to logical consistency from a starting point of inconsistency. The laws that govern all kinds of stuff are wildly inconsistent, particularly in the area of association and "positive rights" where people are forced to do things for others.
Quote:
Certain people should not be allowed in businesses.
And here begins logical inconsistency. Subjective criteria is used to force businesses to associate with some but not with others. It is institutionalized inconsistency.
Quote:
The point is that the law which was created by our elective representatives prohibits discrimination against broad groups of people, yet allows it in individual cases. That is the balance the law has chosen to strike in terms of both protecting minority groups, yet allowing businesses to exclude people for legitimate reasons.
I get it, the law is inconsistent. I haven't claimed otherwise, but thanks for backing me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies