Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 04:45 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Boorish behavior is out now?

Good to know.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:36 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Yet, she left her establishment to follow Sarah's party ACROSS THE STREET to another restaurant to continue the in-your-face harassment. That was NOT within her rights.
Yep. Wayyyy over the line.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:40 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I think the Red Hen owner was within her rights. People who own private businesses do have a right to deny services to people who espouse viewpoint that the owner is strongly, religiously opposed to. That's what the Supreme court said, and there is a history of that in this country. But I don't agree with shouting people down, as in what was done to Kirstjen Nielson and others. I think that the in-your-face screaming, getting in peoples' way, crowding in and shouting obscenities is dangerous. It could break into violence with just a small mistake or mistaken interpretation. I don't this that kind of intimidation at Planned Parenthood or abortion clinics is right, so why would I think it was right in other settings?

The owner at the Red Hen reportedly took Sarah aside and politely asked her to leave. That is a lot different from screaming in her face, trying to whip up a crowd.
Actually not true. The states accommodation code prevents discrimination on the basis of most things including personal beliefs. And actually this owner did gather a new group and screamed at the remaining party from the street when they went across the street to a new restaurant to dine.

Wake up.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:18 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Yet, she left her establishment to follow Sarah's party ACROSS THE STREET to another restaurant to continue the in-your-face harassment. That was NOT within her rights.
According to Sarah's daddy.

Are there links to patrons, staff or owner of this other restaurant verifying what Mike Huckabee is alleging to have happened.

Also quite strange is the fact this took a couple of days to come out through a single source; Huckabee himself.

I would have thought had this actually happened as alleged, there would have been cel-phone youtubes, people making facebook posts and any number of other sources lending credence to this beyond what "Mike Huckabee" provides.

No digging by Breitbart to scrounge up at least one bystander to testify: "it was just terrible what that woman and her minions did to the poor Sanders/Huckabee clan."

Old 06-26-2018, 06:21 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I think the Red Hen owner was within her rights. People who own private businesses do have a right to deny services to people who espouse viewpoint that the owner is strongly, religiously opposed to.
She may be within her rights. I believe private businesses should be able to refuse service to anyone they choose to.
Even so, as Sarah said, it says more about Ms Wilkinson that she would let her staff be unprofessional at work and ask a party to leave when they have already sat down and started to be served.

It just makes the Red Hen staff and owner seem like knee jerkers. Had they ask them to leave before they sat them down, it would seem petty but hey, it's the red hen full of radicals, among other things that they are full of.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:41 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
I don't get why Trump supporters defend the Christian bakers who cite religious convictions to deny homosexuals (which is a case of discrimination in some states but not nationally) but yet a specific individual who is a public political figure or individuals with certain political ideologies, which is NOT a protected class. It is pure mental gymnastics and nothing more from these people. They are hypocrites, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:46 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Ouch. If ever there was a meme to embarrass conservatives, it's this one.

https://scontent.fphl2-2.fna.fbcdn.n...61&oe=5BE1C761

Old 06-26-2018, 06:49 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Ouch. If ever there was a meme to embarrass conservatives, it's this one.

https://scontent.fphl2-2.fna.fbcdn.n...61&oe=5BE1C761
Are you positive that Republican establishments posted those signs? The KKK was originated by Democrats, you know.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:53 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,547,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Actually not true. The states accommodation code prevents discrimination on the basis of most things including personal beliefs. And actually this owner did gather a new group and screamed at the remaining party from the street when they went across the street to a new restaurant to dine.

Wake up.

The Red Hen owner also followed the Huckabee group to the restaurant across the street and again verbally abused them. ! ! Totally out of control, and made a total azz out of herself.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:53 AM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Are you positive that Republican establishments posted those signs? The KKK was originated by Democrats, you know.
Of course not. It’s circle jerk material from Occupy Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies