Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 06:55 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Are you positive that Republican establishments posted those signs? The KKK was originated by Democrats, you know.
If the old "but decades ago before the parties switched sides, it was republicans who cared about minorities" argument is all you've got, than I win the debate.

The meme cuts deep because it's true, so I can understand why you'd try to argue it's validity. Truth hurts, I get it.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:58 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
According to Sarah's daddy.

Are there links to patrons, staff or owner of this other restaurant verifying what Mike Huckabee is alleging to have happened.

Also quite strange is the fact this took a couple of days to come out through a single source; Huckabee himself.

I would have thought had this actually happened as alleged, there would have been cel-phone youtubes, people making facebook posts and any number of other sources lending credence to this beyond what "Mike Huckabee" provides.

No digging by Breitbart to scrounge up at least one bystander to testify: "it was just terrible what that woman and her minions did to the poor Sanders/Huckabee clan."
Sarah's inlaws are liberal non Trump supporters. They support the report. Would liberal non Trump supporters lie?

Old 06-26-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't get why Trump supporters defend the Christian bakers who cite religious convictions to deny homosexuals (which is a case of discrimination in some states but not nationally) but yet a specific individual who is a public political figure or individuals with certain political ideologies, which is NOT a protected class. It is pure mental gymnastics and nothing more from these people. They are hypocrites, nothing more, nothing less.
Did you support the Christian bakers decision? Do you support the Red Hen owner's decision? If so, your post describes yourself.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:01 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
If the old "but decades ago before the parties switched sides, it was republicans who cared about minorities" argument is all you've got, than I win the debate.

The meme cuts deep because it's true, so I can understand why you'd try to argue it's validity. Truth hurts, I get it.
I didn't say that. What I asked was, are you CERTAIN that those signs came from Republican business establishments? I didn't see an elephant stamped on any of them.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:02 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the bakery owners refused on religious grounds. and the scotus ruled in that manner, despite your dislike for the ruling. they also allowed bakers to refuse to write things on cakes that were obscene, or inflammatory. if you were a baker, and someone came to you to create a birthday cake for adolph hitler, would you do it? or would you refuse to decorate the cake?
1) Where did I ever say I disliked a ruling that upheld the freedom of voluntary association?

2) Why all the "what would I do" questions when I am resolute and absolutely consistent in my "all associations should be voluntary, businesses should be free to deny service to anyone for any reason" stance?

Old 06-26-2018, 07:17 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,405,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Sarah's inlaws are liberal non Trump supporters. They support the report. Would liberal non Trump supporters lie?
Well stated.

Also, for those who know him, Mike Huckabee would never fabricate a story like that.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:23 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Of course not. It’s circle jerk material from Occupy Democrats.
No way...an impartial neutral party would never use a source as biased as "Occupy Democrats".

Old 06-26-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
I didn't say that. What I asked was, are you CERTAIN that those signs came from Republican business establishments? I didn't see an elephant stamped on any of them.
Photoshop.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:39 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Are you positive that Republican establishments posted those signs? The KKK was originated by Democrats, you know.
Are you positive that the only source of this latest addition to this episode; Mike Huckabee himself, isn't pitching you a curve ball?

Where's the supporting information from ANY source other than a family member?

In this day and age of instant cel-phone video, I find it implausible that patrons, staff, even casual passers-by didn't capture all this restaurant owner and groupies "screaming and harassing" to then be confronted by an impartial family member who declares "he isn't a Trump supporter".

C,mon now, this stuff reads like a thoroughly predictable "B" movie script.

Until someone, other than Daddy, verifies this tale ...it didn't happen.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:54 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
And, it's always so inspiring when a POTUS attacks a private business on Twitter. I remember that time when Obama att... oh... wait...

That was Bush... no... wait...

Clinton?

Umm... Reagan?

Oh, yeah.. it wasn't ANY OF THEM.

Because prior to this nitwit, nobody was trashing the private sector via a channel they have either referred to or we know to be an official communications channel.

He sucks.

He really does. Such an embarrassment.
Easy to say that since Twitter wasn't around like it is now, with the possible exception of Obama. I like how Trump has a means to defend himself and get it out to the masses, as a get around the MSM who often does not give him coverage when it would benefit him. I don't use twitter myself, either to send or receive, but I like that he can get his messages out there, forcing the MSM to report on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies