Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 12:08 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times

Advertisements

This story makes me want to eat at a Red Hen restaurant.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:11 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
This story makes me want to eat at a Red Hen restaurant.
I hope its able to handle the influx of customers Trump just sent their way. Reminds me of Obama and gun sales.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:12 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
What the Red Hen did was wrong; what Trump did is an abuse of power.
Agree. One one hand, a small business owner asked somebody to leave due to their apolitical affiliations. That was wrong.

Donald Trump, the President of the United States, using his official outlet to the public as president (Twitter) to attack a small business owner over the internet, to 30,000,000+ people. That is outrageous.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:18 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Donald Trump, the President of the United States, using his official outlet to the public as president (Twitter) to attack a small business owner over the internet, to 30,000,000+ people. That is outrageous.
I agree with you. for trump to use his bully pulpit for such trivial matters as the red hen restaurant story is really stupid and petty. I'd think trump had more important issues to comment on today.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:22 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,514 times
Default UPDATE about unhinged Red Hen Restaurant owner

It seems the crazed, bigoted and intolerant business owner of the soon-to-be Dead Hen Restaurant decided that she owned the town and FOLLOWED some of the Sanders party to the next restaurant they went to and continued protesting their existence.

Hear info from Sarah Sanders father describing it, scroll to 23:30, to hear that part: https://www.podcastone.com/The-Laura...m-Show-Podcast

Print info about it.
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/0...nt-to-protest/

I have a solution. Let's ask that restaurants and stores put signage in their windows that declare one or the other:

Democrats Only OR All People Welcome.

From the behavior of bigots like Ms. Wilkerson, I'm guessing they would be happier to serve only those that buy their strident dogma.

P.S. Don't start with the bakery comparison until you know the FACTS regarding that situation.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:29 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ahh.... but the manager of this restaurant is not kicking out all Republicans. This manager is kicking out someone who lies to the American public every day.

That sounds personal, but has nothing to do with beliefs.

If you owned a place of business, and someone walked in who kicked your neighbor's dog every day, would you honestly serve that person, or would you tell them to find another place to eat because you do not think that kicking your neighbor's dog every day is okay?

How about a rapist? Think it's bad to refuse to serve one of those if you like?

Lying politicians and rapists and dog kickers do not belong to a protected class of citizens.

Gay people, do. So, if that rapist, lying politician, or dog kicker also happens to be gay? No issue with asking them to leave.

It's not them being gay that is getting them kicked out. It's them being an abhorrent person.
The restaurant manager doesn't know me from Adam, but if I entered the place donning a MAGA hat, I think I would be asked to leave. There is no way to tell by looking that someone is a Republican, but Sarah is well known, and her being a Republican is part of that.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:31 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I agree with you. for trump to use his bully pulpit for such trivial matters as the red hen restaurant story is really stupid and petty. I'd think trump had more important issues to comment on today.
It is also petty for a restaurant owner to kick out a customer who merely works for Trump.

Nothing positive came out of this situation. Not a single thing... her business now has a political stigma attached to it, and the country has become even more divided.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:32 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The restaurant manager doesn't know me from Adam, but if I entered the place donning a MAGA hat, I think I would be asked to leave. There is no way to tell by looking that someone is a Republican, but Sarah is well known, and her being a Republican is part of that.
How about BLM tshirts? give them the boot?

Old 06-25-2018, 12:35 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
It isn't a far stretch to go from religious beliefs to political beliefs. At least one has meaning.
Pray tell us which one that is.

They didn't not serve Sarah because she was white. They didn't serve her because she works for our President Donald J Trump.
Also it is reported that the restaurant followed Sarah and her party across the street to the restaurant they switched to spewing her hatred. So little Ms Wilkinson ain't no little sweet thang is she?

Old 06-25-2018, 12:36 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
https://patch.com/district-columbia/...-twitter-users

A Red Hen in New Jersey has been threatened as well, with the operating manager telling Patch on Sunday that "the calls haven't stopped," with about 100 calls over a six-hour span on Saturday afternoon. One caller even threatened to burn the restaurant down.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that liberals are calling pretending to be conservatives. That is their usual MO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies