Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 07:13 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Nope, they never will.
Why should anybody admit something that has never been remotely true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 07:23 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Will the Republicans ever admit it was all about racism and not wanting to give a woman the power of President?
Despite the rise of white supremacy groups and policies specifically directed at diminishing women's health and power, no, they never will admit that.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:37 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why Trump, and not a conservative candidate like Cruz or any of the other 12 candidates?

It seems fairly obvious you'd be saying the same thing no matter who had won. Personally I think the biggest reason was Hillary, and lack of good candidates on the Dem side. Even Hillary managed to win the popular vote.

Did Obama somehow turn Republicans away from conservatism?
The Republican elites wanted another elite, Jeb Bush to be the next nominee. They fought all the other candidates, including Trump until it was too late for anybody but Trump to get the nomination. Had they not fought against Cruz, and embraced his candidacy, Cruz would in all likelihood be our president right now.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Will the Republicans ever admit it was all about racism and not wanting to give a woman the power of President?
No, it's because it was the wrong woman.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Trump's win was partially because of Obama, but IMO, mostly because people were tired of feeling yanked around by the political elites and the media.

In many ways, the media vote for our politicians in this country. They are the gatekeepers to the information we need to make a decision on a particular candidate, and that information can be massaged and spun in many different ways to influence opinions one way or another. Intelligent people will be able to read between the lines and take the information they need to make an informed decision, but the average mediocre-IQ Joe on the street will likely be much more influenced by the tone and presentation of the news they read/see/hear about, and that's where things get dangerous.
I believe the media actually wanted Trump to get the nomination, because they felt they could ridicule him mercilessly to help give the Democrats the win. That meant HRC. They didn't count on Trump using Twitter to do an end run around their efforts to paint him the way they wanted. They made their second mistake by reporting on his tweets.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:42 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,772,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
No, it's because it was the wrong woman.
You want a dingbat, in my opinion, like Sarah Palin to win?

"the wrong woman" was the most qualified we will see for many years to come, she was in the white house for 8 years and then served as a senator.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
That really bad policy of being black.
Yep, that's why he didn't get elected in the first place. Oh, wait!

Old 06-28-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
You want a dingbat, in my opinion, like Sarah Palin to win?

"the wrong woman" was the most qualified we will see for many years to come, she was in the white house for 8 years and then served as a senator.
Did I say I wanted Palin? She wasn't running, so who is the dingbat? Carly Fiorina would have been a much better president than HRC.

There are a lot of experienced politicians that I could point to, who have been run out of office due to malfeasance, or other reasons, such that I don't automatically equate experience to being the only factor in voting for them. HRC had so many negatives going for her, proven or not proven, that she turned off a lot of Democrat voters to stay home.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:51 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,406,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Let's be honest, Obama was disliked from the git go for one reason and one reason only.........he is not white.
We did not like Obama's policies and did not vote for him, but when he got elected, my wife said "let's give him a chance, maybe he will be a good President". Well that didn't work out to well.

And don't think that we were the only ones to think that way.

I wouldn't care if a person was pink. A good President is a good President.

Obama was just not one of them.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:57 AM

6,826 posts, read 14,043,433 times
We had to bad choices for president. One did not do the work required to win while the other convinced many white conservatives that we can return to our former glory. He saw a void and exploited it. The party of personal responsibility and family values have sold themselves out to Trump. The left seems hell bent on driving even further left. The only plan they have is to attack Trump. They are not offering alternative solutions. Us moderates have not place to go. Common sense government seems to be only a pipe dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies