Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 01:58 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree with you but I feel that Obama was the straw that broke the camels back as Obama ignored our side completely.

You are right that it is combined and therefor the past living Presidents seems to be big buddies as they share the knowledge of their empires to have ended!
I agree with this. Obama was sold as different but instead all he turned out to be is a far left celebrity president who's policies was the final straw for me and many others I know who voted Democrat most of their lives but voted for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 01:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Nope. What you conservatives are looking for is an excuse for this clown-show that you’ve brought onto the country, and I’m rejecting that bull out of hand.

Obama has nothing to do with you voting for Trump. You guys voted for Trump because Republicans are petulant and irresponsible...and you should own it and stop looking to Obama’s Administration to find the justification for what you’ve done.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I voted for the Supreme Court not Trump, and I got what I wished for!
Yeah...until that SCOTUS becomes a reality. You won’t be liking it at that point.

A far right SCOTUS is on your boss’s team, not yours. And you’re not on the same team as your boss. A far right SCOTUS is gonna help stick it to the little guy.

I agreed with their decision on public sector unions, but they’re gonna go way further than that when it’s all said and done. And you won’t be the beneficiary of anything good coming out of it.

Just wait.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:07 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope. What you conservatives are looking for is an excuse for this clown-show that you’ve brought onto the country, and I’m rejecting that bull out of hand.

Obama has nothing to do with you voting for Trump. You guys voted for Trump because Republicans are petulant and irresponsible...and you should own it and stop looking to Obama’s Administration to find the justification for what you’ve done.
Exactly. It's like there's a portion of Trump supporters that know he's a maniac and there will come a time when it's admitted and they need someone to blame. It's not Obama. Trump was a birther from the beginning and Trump birthers were his most vocal supporters including Trump's wife. No other president has been asked for their birth certificate ever. Trump supporters don't get to blame anyone but themselves.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:13 PM

13,660 posts, read 9,727,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That bolded part isn't going to work that way at all.

If US citizens wanted to be picking sweet potatoes for low wages, they'd be in the fields.

If they wanted to be working construction for low wages, they'd be framing houses.

What people in our country want is higher wages and for the prices of all the stuff they buy to stay the same.

News flash: not gonna happen.
You have a point there. My own belief is that the objection to illegal immigration is less economic, than cultural. it isn't that those roofers who are taking everyone's job are illegals. It's that they speak Spanish and all cohere to a particular tribe (or at least appear to) - and that's not "our" tribe. Neither is it really (or at least entirely) a racial thing. Imagine if we had vast passels of immigrants from say Poland, speaking Polish and being tribally Polish. How would the average "native" American view them... in a welcoming way? Or would they be viewed as a threat?

It also seems to me, that many of those who profess to admire and appreciate legal immigrants, saving their ire strictly for illegal ones, are, to be blunt, full of it. It's the legal immigrants who are eligible for various forms of assistance, job-placement and the like... not the illegal ones. It's the legal immigrants who are going to get positions in graduate schools, and later in Google or Facebook or Oracle. By carping on illegal-this and illegal-that, it's possible to look sanctimoniously righteous, appearing to condemn specifically the illegality, rather than the immigration. But the real threat is other people from other parts of the world (even if they're white!) coming in and "taking over".

Old 06-28-2018, 03:04 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That bolded part isn't going to work that way at all.

If US citizens wanted to be picking sweet potatoes for low wages, they'd be in the fields.

If they wanted to be working construction for low wages, they'd be framing houses.

What people in our country want is higher wages and for the prices of all the stuff they buy to stay the same.

News flash: not gonna happen.
If a US citizen is hungry enough and it is the only job available, he will do the job.

If a US citizen does not need the job and is hungry enough, he will get the government to allow temporary legal immigrants to come in and do the job, if they are willing to do it.

If neither of the above two solutions are available, the employer can raise the wages and raise the prices and the US Citizen, if he wants what is offered, will pay the higher price. Who gets hurt?

edit:In the end it all works out. If wages are higher for the low end, and it results in a small degree of inflation, the eventually everybody's wages will rise to meet the economy.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If a US citizen is hungry enough and it is the only job available, he will do the job.

If a US citizen does not need the job and is hungry enough, he will get the government to allow legal immigrants to come in and do the job, if they are willing to do it.

If either of the above two solutions are available, the employer can raise the wages and raise the prices and the US Citizen, if he wants what is offered will pay the higher price. Who gets hurt?
When is Trump going to stop hiring H1B workers for his hotels then? That's the funny thing about Trump, he does everything he opposes, outsources to China, hires H1B workers, four of his children are born from immigrants, vacations and campaigns on the taxpayer dime ($6M for security for one day in Scotland in the upcoming UK trip because golf course), pay to play, infidelity, Trump does it all while attacking others.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:13 PM

30,398 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Democrats are crying and whining about what President Trump is doing while after eight years of Obama ignoring the people, Conservatives/Republicans and making race, transgender and freebies, on top of his list without ever thinking about the consequences IF Hillary wouldn’t be the next President.

Clearly, that was never a thought!

Obamacare was pushed through our throats and premiums almost impossible to afford and making health the unfordable care!

President Trump was there at the right time and Obama delivered him the well deserved presidency.

Every day we see bashing of President Trump and his family and now calls to bash any of his voters and calling Trump supporters “Nazi’s”.

It is mind boggling to witness the left, not understanding that over the last eight years, our side was vocal but overall decent, except for a few people. Not believing Obama’s birth certificate wasn’t calling to do harm in him and it was an easy way to end that gossip or rumor. Just show it.

I’m not a birther, but my birth certificate was demanded for immigration and it couldn’t even be older then a certain amount of years or not valid so we had to pay again to get an International birth certificate. Like I was born again but we did what was required while Obama was the President!

Obama didn’t come out to say that was no longer needed. No calls to bother member of his cabinet, etc.

Liberals are at wits end and still are not discussing that perhaps under Obama the people felt betrayed and that caused President Trump to be elected.

Will the left ever realize that Obama helped electing Trump?
There's no doubt that Obama begot Trump.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
There's no doubt that Obama begot Trump.
Yes, how dare Obama have so much melanin.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:23 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
When is Trump going to stop hiring H1B workers for his hotels then? That's the funny thing about Trump, he does everything he opposes, outsources to China, hires H1B workers, four of his children are born from immigrants, vacations and campaigns on the taxpayer dime ($6M for security for one day in Scotland in the upcoming UK trip because golf course), pay to play, infidelity, Trump does it all while attacking others.
Are they illegal immigrants? I didn't think so. That is a totally different subject isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies