Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 11:19 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times

Advertisements

10 posts and not one answer to the question...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 11:21 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
10 posts and not one answer to the question...
Here's your answer: we don't support late term abortion. But you knew that already.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:22 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Well, theres 9 states that dont have any restrictions on abortions. All mostly liberal states Alaska, Colorado, the District of Columbia, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, and Vermont......

I just dont understand.. You are worried about children at the border, but you support killing babies in the womb?
Alaska is a red state.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:23 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Alaska is a red state.
"mostly" and I believe it was bluish , until the oil $$$$$$ came along.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:25 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Here's your answer: we don't support late term abortion. But you knew that already.
Better answer, no one supports late term abortions. When they are done, and they are extremely rare, they are always done for medical reasons, most often to save the life of the mother or because the child is not viable.

No one is deciding in the ninth month of their pregnancy, gee, I think I'll go get an abortion. And no doctor anywhere in the country would go along with her if she did.

The thing is, the OP knows this. This is just more of the usual nonsense by the forced birth crowd.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:26 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Why Are Liberals Angry About The Children At The Border, but Support Late Term Abortions?

Its makes 0 sense. Is it because the illegals are future voters and the baby cannot vote?
Because late term abortions are usually performed for fetuses that are not going to survive anyway.

Or because the mother is at grave risk of not surviving if she does not abort.

They aren't just casually performed. Very few states allow them at all without solid reasons such as the ones I just mentioned.

Those kids at the border are already living children.

ETA: Nobody I know supports the removal of a viable fetus that could survive outside the womb and killing it. Come on... don't be silly.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:40 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Why do people keep starting threads based on false equivalencies?
Because their arguments are weak, so they rely on inflammatory statements to appeal to emotion in garnering support. There are so many logical fallacies in this poster's history, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:44 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Those kids at the border are already living children.

Babies in the womb are living children

Old 06-29-2018, 11:52 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Babies in the womb are living children
You asked about late term abortions. You were answered (even though you'd have to be a moron to not know), answers which, of course, you completely ignored because they didn't fit your ridiculous narrative.

Now you are moving the goalposts in your own thread to speak of all pregnancies, not just the late term abortions you started this thread to whine about.

That's what people do when they are losing an argument.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:53 AM

4,800 posts, read 2,804,486 times
Default The state gains the ability to legislate with time

Quote:
Well, theres 9 states that dont have any restrictions on abortions. All mostly liberal states Alaska, Colorado, the District of Columbia, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, and Vermont......

I just dont understand.. You are worried about children at the border, but you support killing babies in the womb?
By the logic of Roe v. Wade, a fetus in utero is not a legal person (& not a baby). & therefore an abortion in the first trimester is a decision between the woman & her doctor. & therefore the abortion is not a murder. Roe keys on the viability of the fetus - when it's viable, & is born or delivered, then it's a baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies