Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 07:34 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'm an older White Millennial and after 16 years of voting straight Democrat this fall I plan I voting straight ticket Republican. Democrats are going further left by the day. I don't want multi person mixed gender restrooms forced upon me, I don't think there are 50 different genders, and I don't think enforcing the sovereignty of your borders makes you a Nazi. I don't think I should be held accountable for every bad thing any White person has done in the past 1,000 years while 'Dreamers' aren't held accountable for the actions of their parents. Twitter and the constant flow of trash from left wing media has turned me into a Republican.
Wait a second, a Millennial cannot have voted 16 years. You are one of those Xennials like my oldest cousin and my brother. They are those born 1977-83 though I know 1984 ers who also fit that cohort. They bridge Gen-X and Millennials because of specific experiences that are different from the two cohorts that isn't in both.

Anywho, I can side with the sentiment. I voted Republican in my first two presidential elections for McCain and for Romney but as time has gone on, I have gotten turned off the by how far right the Republican Party has gone since W. Bush left office. At this point, unless Republicans get back to moderate, I'll vote Democrat like I did since 2014 locally and 2016 nationally (due to McCain's age, not his policy.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 07:35 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
Sherrod Brown has been active working with Trump on re negotiations and I forgot that he did, dam old man memory :

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/polit...ade/index.html

Like I said before Brown is a good senator for Ohio who cares about American workers.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:37 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,871,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'm an older White Millennial and after 16 years of voting straight Democrat this fall I plan I voting straight ticket Republican. Democrats are going further left by the day. I don't want multi person mixed gender restrooms forced upon me, I don't think there are 50 different genders, and I don't think enforcing the sovereignty of your borders makes you a Nazi. I don't think I should be held accountable for every bad thing any White person has done in the past 1,000 years while 'Dreamers' aren't held accountable for the actions of their parents. Twitter and the constant flow of trash from left wing media has turned me into a Republican.

Well said. There are many who share your thoughts and feelings.

The left is out of their minds and it's on full display for anyone to see.

I encourage everyone to take the red pill.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The poll says they arent becoming republicans or even right wing, just that they dont call themselves Democrats.

Until someone in the green Party gets 20% the vote, those people are still voting for Democrats, just like the self described Conservative , but not republicans, in the same polls are still voting republican.
No one made that claim. There is also a movement called #walkaway... people are leaving the Democratic party. Here's 2 post

"It's not a debate" is part of the reason why I did #walkaway. Adversity to free speech, ideas, Closing of conversations with ad hominem attacks like nazi, etc. Easy way to not have to do nuance or defend your view. Hang in there. There are a lot of us."

"#WalkAway my friend!!! I did earlier this year. The democrats are truly undemocratic..."

More post.... https://twitter.com/hashtag/walkaway?lang=en

Old 07-05-2018, 08:09 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Yes. That’s pretty much all of contemporary American politics in a nutshell: dumb white people frightened into voting against their own economic interests.

Yep. When you cannot win an argument, insult their intelligence.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Well said. There are many who share your thoughts and feelings.

The left is out of their minds and it's on full display for anyone to see.

I encourage everyone to take the red pill.
I did until I saw Cruz being an idiot during the whole 2013 shutdown and Trump policy. No thank you. I think the "red pill" is really the blue pill in disguise.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:27 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Why any white person would ever vote for a party that hates them and cultivates their demonization is beyong me. Brainwashing only goes so far, and if this is true, maybe it can be the beginning of changing academia from the ground up.
You would be surprised with the number of white people filled with self-loathing. Though when you look at the ones that are the most vocal supporters of progressivism, that's not so hard to understand.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:31 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I did until I saw Cruz being an idiot during the whole 2013 shutdown and Trump policy. No thank you. I think the "red pill" is really the blue pill in disguise.
The "red pill" is helping a lot of kids with college debt to get jobs. If the Trump administration comes up with a good plan to help alleviate college debt Democrats can kiss their party goodbye.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You would be surprised with the number of white people filled with self-loathing. Though when you look at the ones that are the most vocal supporters of progressivism, that's not so hard to understand.
We went to a dinner where we were seated with what turned out to be liberals. They were really condescending toward the poor and blacks as if it weren't for them the poor and blacks could not figure out how to use a fork. They worked hard trying to impress everyone. The next evening we were supposed to sit with them again but made alternative plans. We didn't want to sit through another even of liberals breaking their arms to pat themselves on the back while they belittled people.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The "red pill" is helping a lot of kids with college debt to get jobs. If the Trump administration comes up with a good plan to help alleviate college debt Democrats can kiss their party goodbye.
Well yes, but one party politics never work. Eventually a party adopting left policy will pop back up. It happened with the Whigs replacing the Federalists in the 1830's and the Republican party replacing the Whigs. One party rule will not last and you might regret calling for the end of the Democrat Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies