Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 02:22 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

Uh-oh Dems - 16,000 REGISTERED voters age 18 - 34 polled by Reuters.

"The latest Reuters/Ipsos Poll surveyed more than 16,000 registered voters between the ages 18 to 34 over the course of the last three months of 2018. This same poll was conducted in 2016 around the same time period."

2016: Democrats favored over Republicans 47 to 33 percent margin by same white 18 - 34 age group .
2018: Today, 39 percent of young white Americans say they favor Republicans while another 39 percent of young white Americans say they favor Democrats.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...umps-election/

I'm emphasizing Reuters "registered voters" (a plus) because pollsters like Gallup say they poll Americans --- only it turns out they define "Americans" as anyone who lives here, in their methodology. News stories never tell you that. You have to look at the actual poll methodology.

By the way, Gallup didn't change just because of Trump so don't assign anything nefarious to it. They were doing the same type of thing under Obama. I used to wonder how Obama could use his approval ratings to figure out how he would do at the polls because Gallup polled (for Approval rating) any adult who picked up the phone making the info useless. They do the same with Trump. Are 50%, 25%, 60%, 5%, etc., even eligible/registered to vote? How can you compare presidential approval ratings if you don't know that? Who cares what people think of the presidents (any of them) if the poll numbers don't reflect what will happen on Election Day? I'm told what Gallup does is cheaper. That's why they do what they do --- but garbage in, garbage out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 02:34 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times
Why any white person would ever vote for a party that hates them and cultivates their demonization is beyong me. Brainwashing only goes so far, and if this is true, maybe it can be the beginning of changing academia from the ground up.

Last edited by cachibatches; 07-04-2018 at 03:02 AM..

Old 07-04-2018, 02:46 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Uh-oh Dems - 16,000 REGISTERED voters age 18 - 34 polled by Reuters.

"The latest Reuters/Ipsos Poll surveyed more than 16,000 registered voters between the ages 18 to 34 over the course of the last three months of 2018. This same poll was conducted in 2016 around the same time period."

2016: Democrats favored over Republicans 47 to 33 percent margin by same white 18 - 34 age group .
2018: Today, 39 percent of young white Americans say they favor Republicans while another 39 percent of young white Americans say they favor Democrats.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...umps-election/

I'm emphasizing Reuters "registered voters" (a plus) because pollsters like Gallup say they poll Americans --- only it turns out they define "Americans" as anyone who lives here, in their methodology. News stories never tell you that. You have to look at the actual poll methodology.

By the way, Gallup didn't change just because of Trump so don't assign anything nefarious to it. They were doing the same type of thing under Obama. I used to wonder how Obama could use his approval ratings to figure out how he would do at the polls because Gallup polled (for Approval rating) any adult who picked up the phone making the info useless. They do the same with Trump. Are 50%, 25%, 60%, 5%, etc., even eligible/registered to vote? How can you compare presidential approval ratings if you don't know that? Who cares what people think of the presidents (any of them) if the poll numbers don't reflect what will happen on Election Day? I'm told what Gallup does is cheaper. That's why they do what they do --- but garbage in, garbage out.

The poll says they arent becoming republicans or even right wing, just that they dont call themselves Democrats.

Until someone in the green Party gets 20% the vote, those people are still voting for Democrats, just like the self described Conservative , but not republicans, in the same polls are still voting republican.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:49 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The poll says they arent becoming republicans or even right wing, just that they dont call themselves Democrats.

Until someone in the green Party gets 20% the vote, those people are still voting for Democrats, just like the self described Conservative , but not republicans, in the same polls are still voting republican.
We'll see. During the 2016 election, the news media used to go to college campuses to get opinions from Millennials on the candidates. This was both conservative and liberal news media. I know WHY they did it. The news media was lazy. It was the easiest way to get a lot of Millennials in one place to do their stories. They apparently didn't know how to find groups of blue collar millennials. They certainly weren't all in one place. I think that's why Millennials were "shocked" at the election result. No one talked to already working blue collar Millennials. Millennials is not equivalent to college students. College students may be mostly Millennials but not all Millennials are college students. The news media didn't talk to a whole bunch of Millennials...and then the whole lot of them, news media and millennials were dumbfounded.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:00 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

I would n't be so sure of that, Instead of promises from the party leaders to re negotiate NAFTA and go after China for unfair trade Trump actually did something. It does not matter if you agree with the policy or not Joe six pack has taken note. Plus you do not add any sugar by telling people " they clutch to their bibles and guns" and that they are deploreables for not voting for Hillary.

Joe six pack is paying more attention to better job prospects, a booming economy, and low un employment instead of empty rhetoric and insults. Which team do you think Joe 6 pack will pick the one with results or the team that did nothing for him?

Old 07-04-2018, 07:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Yeah -- I haven't jumped on the bandwagon for Trump but if asked if I was calling myself a Democrat I most definitely would say NO>

Kids don't like folks to box them into labels.

Especially kids who support more left leaning ideology.

Conservatives love the box and labels...that's why they are conservatives. They like everything tightly wound up and identified.

So young conservatives will own the label, young liberals will fight the label.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:02 AM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Why any white person would ever vote for a party that hates them and cultivates their demonization is beyong me. Brainwashing only goes so far, and if this is true, maybe it can be the beginning of changing academia from the ground up.
Well, when your other option is a party that spends it's entire time fomenting an irrational fear and phobia about the "demonization" of white people.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:19 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
I'm an older White Millennial and after 16 years of voting straight Democrat this fall I plan I voting straight ticket Republican. Democrats are going further left by the day. I don't want multi person mixed gender restrooms forced upon me, I don't think there are 50 different genders, and I don't think enforcing the sovereignty of your borders makes you a Nazi. I don't think I should be held accountable for every bad thing any White person has done in the past 1,000 years while 'Dreamers' aren't held accountable for the actions of their parents. Twitter and the constant flow of trash from left wing media has turned me into a Republican.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:23 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,767,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Why any white person would ever vote for a party that hates them and cultivates their demonization is beyong me..
Yeah I don't get why any white person would vote Republican either since they hate anyone but the very rich and just use people for votes by fooling them.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:27 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,767,507 times
When you espouse the lie that Democrats are coming after white people some dummies believe it. Hate and fear is easy that's what the Republicans use to enslave the American public into becoming poorer and helping the rich get richer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies