Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 08:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Why any white person would ever vote for a party that hates them and cultivates their demonization is beyong me.

Need a safe space?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 08:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
My kids are all registered unaffiliated. Same as their parents.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:05 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'm an older White Millennial and after 16 years of voting straight Democrat this fall I plan I voting straight ticket Republican. Democrats are going further left by the day. I don't want multi person mixed gender restrooms forced upon me, I don't think there are 50 different genders, and I don't think enforcing the sovereignty of your borders makes you a Nazi. I don't think I should be held accountable for every bad thing any White person has done in the past 1,000 years while 'Dreamers' aren't held accountable for the actions of their parents. Twitter and the constant flow of trash from left wing media has turned me into a Republican.
Cool story, bro.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:07 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
When you espouse the lie that Democrats are coming after white people some dummies believe it. Hate and fear is easy that's what the Republicans use to enslave the American public into becoming poorer and helping the rich get richer.
Yes. That’s pretty much all of contemporary American politics in a nutshell: dumb white people frightened into voting against their own economic interests.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:27 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah -- I haven't jumped on the bandwagon for Trump but if asked if I was calling myself a Democrat I most definitely would say NO>

Kids don't like folks to box them into labels.

Especially kids who support more left leaning ideology.

Conservatives love the box and labels...that's why they are conservatives. They like everything tightly wound up and identified.

So young conservatives will own the label, young liberals will fight the label.
The last I checked it wasn't conservatives adding letters to LGBT or getting confused about what gender they are or what they should be called. It's the Leftists that label everything, are the separatists and call you a racist if you object to it. What you wrote there is completely delusional.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Well we will soon find out what Joe six pack thinks of the {D} party with the midterms. I know you and others think your party is going to do really well and might get a majority in the House or Senate. but why would Joe run out in vote for your candidates in the mid terms?

He knows your party never lifted a finger on NAFTA or did squat on China un fair trade practices and somehow the left thinks there will be a ground swell of Joe's going to the polls to get their party back in power. They are not that stupid and those kitchen table policies like employment mean way more to Joe then who should be able to go to which bathroom. Ya know.

I from Akron, Ohio it is a democratic strong hold and when Trump was on the trail he filled a arena. Because he has the message that people wanted to hear. After listening to Trump and seeing he is actually trying to do something, I doubt Joe 6 pack still thinks the {D} party is the "workers" party. He also sees that your party seems to care more about illegals then they do him.

So you tell us why Joe six pack would run out and vote {D} in the midterms?

Or why he would vote for a {D} over Trump in 2020?

Or do you think who should go to which bathroom and treating illegals better then citizens is a winning ticket for the Joe six pack crowd?
No, I dont know, seeing as Sherrod Brown and James Traficant (both representing parts of Akron) as well as 8/10 Democrats in Ohio voting against NAFTA. Where as 7/9 Republicans in that state voted for it including current Governor Kasich and Senator Portman.

The NAFTA argument doesnt work unless you completely ignore who voted for NAFTA.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The last I checked it wasn't conservatives adding letters to LGBT or getting confused about what gender they are or what they should be called. It's the Leftists that label everything, are the separatists and call you a racist if you object to it. What you wrote there is completely delusional.
adding letters to LGBT isnt defining, at least not in the context you are using it.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:58 PM

652 posts, read 340,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Why any white person would ever vote for a party that hates them and cultivates their demonization is beyong me. Brainwashing only goes so far, and if this is true, maybe it can be the beginning of changing academia from the ground up.
As more white Democrats come to the realization that they are second class members of the party, slowly the change will happen. I don’t expect life long Dems to suddenly become registered Republicans, but the money and the votes will start to disappear, and possible support for third party candidates may increase.

If the RNC treated me like the DNC treats their more centrist members, I’d be gone yesterday.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:09 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'm an older White Millennial and after 16 years of voting straight Democrat this fall I plan I voting straight ticket Republican. Democrats are going further left by the day. I don't want multi person mixed gender restrooms forced upon me, I don't think there are 50 different genders, and I don't think enforcing the sovereignty of your borders makes you a Nazi. I don't think I should be held accountable for every bad thing any White person has done in the past 1,000 years while 'Dreamers' aren't held accountable for the actions of their parents. Twitter and the constant flow of trash from left wing media has turned me into a Republican.

There are plenty of white people who want secure borders that will still not vote Republican who will gladly take your place. I'm one of them.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:09 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, I dont know, seeing as Sherrod Brown and James Traficant (both representing parts of Akron) as well as 8/10 Democrats in Ohio voting against NAFTA. Where as 7/9 Republicans in that state voted for it including current Governor Kasich and Senator Portman.

The NAFTA argument doesnt work unless you completely ignore who voted for NAFTA.
I am not a partisan and i know exactly who was for or against NAFTA, it was a {R} lead bill that both Clinton and VP Gore were behind and worked to pass it. But that was the past but now Trump has taken a hold of that issue but where are the {D}s.? Where is Sherrod Brown? is he publicly in support of Trump ripping up NAFTA to re negotiate the deal ? Has he been on CNN? Fox?

Off subject I am a big Traficant fan and loved his 1 min speeches and how he would smack down both sides. Brown is a moderate {D} and a good Senator for Ohio. Kasich legislative record speaks for itself and I think he is a true fiscal conservative. Portman is just another {R} and I can't stand him. Unlike Fox I am fair and balanced
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies