Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 05:22 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,146,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
This post was extremely well written and thought-out. I can't rep you again. You will never see a post like this written by a Trump supporter. The logic exhibited by you is beyond most of them.
Thank you, Treebeard - and that brings up something that keeps puzzling me. I understand that most informed, logical people probably would not have fallen for a con man like Trump. What I can't understand is why there aren't more sane Republicans speaking up, presumably still capable of common sense, good logic, and coherent writing.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:23 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Obama bowed for America. Trump stands up for America. Nuff said.
Stands up to who? Kim Jong Un? Hardly. Putin? Laughable. He kow-tows. China? Ha, wait until the soybean crisis hits home.

Or do you mean our traditional good, strong, valiant allies, England, Germany, France, Canada...?

Old 07-07-2018, 05:24 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Seems like he can do no wrong.
What's your limit for this guy? To those that are Trump fans.

What if he becomes close allies with dictators?

Just going by what I see posted here. Like the "Reassessing our allies" thread. Just reeks of "troll". And there just seems to be every excuse imaginable for Trump these days.
He does things wrong via tweeting unnecessary comments of rubbish, like his critique of George H W Bush with his "thousand points of lights" comment.
What purpose did that serve
Seriously, what purpose did that serve?

However, for moderates and conservatives, his overall stance is much more appealing than the negative hardcore leftist agenda that the Democrats have latched onto.

`

Old 07-07-2018, 05:24 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
The fact of the matter is that most people love Trump simply because he continues to spite the people they hate. They don't care about policy because its never been about that and most people probably can't even tell what policy decisions they've liked (or they simply parrot what they hear on Rush or Fox News). They just like that they are getting their revenge against all those evil brown people and gay people and people who believe in the wrong desert wizard (or none at all).

They like that Trump has made white, straight Christians feel superior again. That's what MAGA is about.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
I don't think he's alienating many. American is divided and that is becoming more apparent. I think the alienation process began on the left several election cycles ago with their embrace of identity politics.

Minor fiasco, embarrassingly reported by the MSM - who are growing increasingly embarrassing
Well, yes, all those little children crying for mama and papa and completely confused, scared, and now lost ARE minors.

But I think Trump's the fiasco. He's certainly increasingly embarrassing.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:27 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,126,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oh, maybe if he gave Iran, the world's largest state sponsor of terrorism, $1.5 billion. Or if he constantly attacked police while defending violent criminals. Or if he encouraged violent criminals to invade this nation. If he made trade deals aimed at putting Americans last. Perhaps if he used the presidency to attempt to destroy industries he didn't like. If he worked to destroy the US health care system. Just for a start.

You know-if he were to implement the policies of his predecessor that puts America last and harms American citizens.
This.

The left is deranged

Old 07-07-2018, 05:28 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,126,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Lots of people cringe at the crap he says but would still rather have him than Clinton. I am one of them.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:29 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Well, yes, all those little children crying for mama and papa and completely confused, scared, and now lost ARE minors.
But they aren't white. That's why nobody cares about them.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:31 PM

27,582 posts, read 28,693,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Lots of people cringe at the crap he says but would still rather have him than Clinton. I am one of them.
I think Trump is a lot funnier than any other President I’ve seen, even though that is not a requirement for the job.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:31 PM

[quote=bawac34618;52423690]The fact of the matter is that most people love Trump simply because he continues to spite the people they hate. They don't care about policy because its never been about that and most people probably can't even tell what policy decisions they've liked (or they simply parrot what they hear on Rush or Fox News). They just like that they are getting their revenge against all those evil brown people and gay people and people who believe in the wrong desert wizard (or none at all).

They like that Trump has made white, straight Christians feel superior again. That's what MAGA is about.[/QUOTE]

I'm white, straight, and Christian, and Trump certainly doesn't make me feel superior, nor do any of those three qualities.

But then, I don't need a cheap made-in-China baseball cap to make me believe that my country needed to be made "great", since it never ceased to be great previously.

Nowadays, however, I'm not so sure that adjective still applies under Trump - until I remember its beauty, history, idealism, and still -present goodness of the majority of its people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies