Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 10:28 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Lets see, an unlimited number of immigrants from nations with no common culture or background, no respect for the culture or value of the natives, a culture that, according to the left again oppresses and slaughters those unlike them. How would you expect it to work out? No different than the refugees we are importing now.

There is a saying-those that refuse to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. When we do the same as the native tribes did-why would we expect a different outcome?
That's my point exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 12:09 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
I’d feel good about that if we weren’t a big part of why there are so many refugees. I really want us to
stop getting involved with the Middle East. Destabilizing Iraq has caused a cascade of events that none of the architects of that war saw coming.

I dislike Islam with a passion, but I don’t hate people for being born under such a regime. It’s all very difficult when our govt. insists on invading other countries. Aside from us and Russia, I can’t think of another first world country that has invaded another country in recent times.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:30 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,552,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
So glad that President Trump puts Americans first over third-world refugees who have a laundry list of mental and physical issues and usually a cultural tradition of having massive amounts of babies.

President Trump is all about logic, common-sense and putting Americans first as opposed to the liberals agenda of importing as many third-world issues.
Tell us more...

Old 07-08-2018, 09:12 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You've got to be kidding.

Trump has 5 kids.

That's because he has been married more then once and I ask you this were any of them born in poverty and living on the public dole?

Old 07-08-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Our ancestors all came here from other countries, and many as refugees. I mean, unless the OP is American Indian....

And most of them came here legally within the immigration laws in place at the time. As for those that came here as refugees they probably had a legitimate reason to claim asylum unlike today.

The Amerindians migrated here just as everyone else did they didn't just sprout up out of the ground like corn, you know.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:21 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
A historical perspective:

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/prog...dmitted-united

Old 07-08-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Ah, the whole "I got mine, you get the heck out!!!"

Got it.

Ridiculous remark! We allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year in keeping with our ability to provide them with jobs and resources without it negatively impacting our own citizens unless you think they should all be able to come here anyway. As for refugees, we do allow those in who have a legitimate claim for asylum. Only those with bogus claims are denied. Common sense and logic and our laws should always overrule emotion.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And most of them came here legally within the immigration laws in place at the time. As for those that came here as refugees they probably had a legitimate reason to claim asylum unlike today.

The Amerindians migrated here just as everyone else did they didn't just sprout up out of the ground like corn, you know.
Civil War in home country seems to be the primary driver, over time.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:24 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
The OP says "Refugees", it does not state "illegal".
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-08-2018, 09:31 AM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
As the chart shows, that's only because there was such a big increase by other countries. If all other countries had continued their ~1997-2013 pattern, the numbers of the rest of the world, and of the US, would be about the same.
That's nonsense. From the article:

Quote:
New data from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees showed that the U.S. took in 33,000 refugees last year, down from 97,000 under Obama, who had pushed to raise the ceiling to 110,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies