Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 01:53 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times

Advertisements

The butthurt gets stronger with every passing day.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Let's see. The Trumplodytes want:
  • Lie about the Democrats
  • Lie about Trump
  • Make Trump a dictator.
Do you even understand how a dictator comes to power? So which one of these below have Democrats not called for? Democrats want to

Abolish the electoral college,
Abolish ICE,
Abolish borders,
Abolish the need for photo ID to vote,
Abolish speech they don't like (political correct speech and IRS),
Harass Trump supporters because they don't like Trump,
Abolish the Constitution,
Abolish the Supreme Court (op)

Old 07-09-2018, 01:58 PM

977 posts, read 568,385 times
Quote:
  • Lie about Trump
  • Make Trump a dictator.
Please provide the link to anyone who has advocated this.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:05 PM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
With the pending announcement of the new Supreme Court Justice, I'm hearing all sorts of horror stories how the Court will go "activist" and implement the conservative dream upon America. Not just Roe, but gay marriage, wage and labor laws, environmental regulations - basically taking us back to the 18th century.

I think this is hyperbole for the most part, but what if Trump is able to install 2 or 3 more hyper-conservative justices in his 8-year reign? We'll have a 7-2 ultra-conservative court which would undo a century's worth of progress.

If this indeed comes to past, and the American people vote in a super-majority of Democrats in retaliation (say, in 2024), the pressure of this hyper-conservative S.C. would be immense. The government would be hamstrung in just about everything the voters demand (such as the restoration of environmental regs.) In this case, the Dems would have 2 choices - one is to pack the court, i.e. bringing it up to 13 or 15 seats, with the president installing a crew of hyper-liberal justices to tilt the court back to liberal again, -OR- simply abolish the S.C. altogether. Just amend the Constitution, and voila, that storied institution is gone. The more I think about it, the better it sounds. Who needs a branch of government filled with unelected elders who cannot be held accountable to the desires of the American people? Eliminating the S.C. sure would solve a lot of problems, imo.
Ha ha!

I didn't even read your post, just the title.

Can't wait for tonight's SCOTUS Cramformation in just 5 hours.

Oh let me make a prediction based on Chucklebuckets Schumer rant...

The President's pick for SCOTUS, fill in the blank, is the most racist misogynistic xenophobic homophobic islamophobic terroristic dangerous sub-human being to walk the earth because of all this dirt we picked up, namely, fill in the blank.

Quote:
With the pending announcement of the new Supreme Court Justice, I'm hearing all sorts of horror stories how the Court will go "activist" and implement the conservative dream upon America. Not just Roe, but gay marriage, wage and labor laws, environmental regulations - basically taking us back to the 18th century.

I think this is hyperbole for the most part, but what if Trump is able to install 2 or 3 more hyper-conservative justices in his 8-year reign? We'll have a 7-2 ultra-conservative court which would undo a century's worth of progress.

If this indeed comes to past, and the American people vote in a super-majority of Democrats in retaliation (say, in 2024), the pressure of this hyper-conservative S.C. would be immense. The government would be hamstrung in just about everything the voters demand (such as the restoration of environmental regs.) In this case, the Dems would have 2 choices - one is to pack the court, i.e. bringing it up to 13 or 15 seats, with the president installing a crew of hyper-liberal justices to tilt the court back to liberal again, -OR- simply abolish the S.C. altogether. Just amend the Constitution, and voila, that storied institution is gone. The more I think about it, the better it sounds. Who needs a branch of government filled with unelected elders who cannot be held accountable to the desires of the American people? Eliminating the S.C. sure would solve a lot of problems, imo.
Waa! Not My SCWOTUS! Waa!

Last edited by McGowdog; 07-09-2018 at 02:18 PM..

Old 07-09-2018, 02:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:

No... We aren't butthurt, are we????!!!!!

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

PRICELESS!!

You freak'n made my day. Quit! My cheeks hurt from grinning.
You people are so freaked out, not even realizing you brought it upon yourselves.
Elections have consequences and since the day Obama was elected, the SILENT MAJORITY awoke. First 2010- Historic
Then lost the Senate and didn't get their Scalia replacement- Bummer

Things are not going your way, so you are ready to abolish it all.... Oh-Kay!!!

Old 07-09-2018, 02:06 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You're right, and slavery only ended with a constitutional amendment. If you think you can pass an amendment to outlaw gay marriage or abortion, good luck with that!

The only times the SC reversed precedent was to expand civil rights, such as Brown v Board of Education.
Slavery was ended with a civil war.

The victors amended the Constitution.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:08 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Quote:
In this case, the Dems would have 2 choices - one is to pack the court, i.e. bringing it up to 13 or 15 seats, with the president installing a crew of hyper-liberal justices to tilt the court back to liberal again, -OR- simply abolish the S.C. altogether. Just amend the Constitution, and voila, that storied institution is gone. The more I think about it, the better it sounds. Who needs a branch of government filled with unelected elders who cannot be held accountable to the desires of the American people? Eliminating the S.C. sure would solve a lot of problems, imo.

Can we just drop this charade already that the modern Left is anything but a bunch of America hating communists who detest the system that they are supposedly patriots of?

Its like someone passed out the world's largest case of baby rattles once Trump won the election.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Abolish the electoral college,
Abolish ICE,
Abolish borders,
Abolish the need for photo ID to vote,
Abolish speech they don't like (political correct speech and IRS),
Harass Trump supporters because they don't like Trump,
Abolish the Constitution,
Abolish the Supreme Court (op)
They wish to abolish America.

Yet, everyone they hate is the supposed threat to this nation.

Modern liberalism is basically the philosophy of maximum bald-faced hypocrisy.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
  • Lie about Trump
  • Make Trump a dictator.

Thanks. The humorous response was needed.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Perhaps it's time for liberals to either come back from the cliff or step off it. Pick one.

They're definitely gonna step off of it. In fact, they have one giant Charlie Chaplin step over the abyss as we speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies