Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 10:58 AM

501 posts, read 303,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Maybe no "bank" but oligarchs.

"Since the 1980s, Trump and his family members have made numerous trips to Moscow in search of business opportunities, and they have relied on Russian investors to buy their properties around the world."
Those are not loans. Those are purchases of properties. Trump is in real estate business, which means that people may buy his properties. If you can prove that the purchases were for much higher amounts than the properties were worth, you may have something. Otherwise it is business as usual.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Millions in loans from Russian oligarchs.
Not an iota of proof of even one such loan. Even one. Pure malicious "fake news".

Old 07-21-2018, 11:04 AM

This is stupid. I am pretty familiar with high end Miami real estate market, for example, since a relative is a real estate agent there. There is a lot of Russian money that goes into that market, rich Russians like having properties in Miami area (and a lot of rich people from other countries as well). It's nice to come to 80 degree weather from a -20 Russian winter. Some go into Trump tower, but there are lots that go into other high-end condo buildings. And yes, among Russians, the name "Trump" has some weight, so Trump tower is popular. But definitely not the only one. Lots of very high-end condos in South Florida have Russian owners.

This is all just pathetic McCarthyist innuendo. Show me a loan from a Russian oligarch or a Russian bank to Trump, and you may have something. So far no one managed to find proof of anything like that.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:12 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr View Post
This is stupid. I am pretty familiar with high end Miami real estate market, for example, since a relative is a real estate agent there. There is a lot of Russian money that goes into that market, rich Russians like having properties in Miami area (and a lot of rich people from other countries as well). It's nice to come to 80 degree weather from a -20 Russian winter. Some go into Trump tower, but there are lots that go into other high-end condo buildings. And yes, among Russians, the name "Trump" has some weight, so Trump tower is popular. But definitely not the only one. Lots of very high-end condos in South Florida have Russian owners.

This is all just pathetic McCarthyist innuendo. Show me a loan from a Russian oligarch or a Russian bank to Trump, and you may have something. So far no one manage to find proof of anything like that.
Let's see those tax returns.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:12 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So the answer to my question is yes. They do not care about their country any longer, only their own political fortunes.

This is how the great American experiment ends.
Pretty much.

While legislators in one party risk their political future to help ensure that more Americans have access to affordable health insurance, legislators from the other party are afraid to stand up to Trump and Putin for fear of their political futures.

We can see it at the rallies.

Our nation was founded by people who were escaping what we see at Trump rallies, at Unite-the-Right marches.

People left on perilous journeys across the ocean to come a land where they couldn't be locked up without ever having a fair trial.

Clinton has been investigated endlessly. Never been charged with a crime. "Lock her up" chants are a regular feature at Trump rallies.

People endured unimaginable hardships to live in a nation where the robber barons couldn't tax you to death while they lived the high life and stole your kids. We just gave a huge tax breaks to the robber barons. We are stealing kids.

Those who signed their names to the Declaration of Independence would be heartbroken to see what happened to their dream.

Looks like robber barons (AKA Russian Oligarchs, 1%ers, ...) are going to win after all.

It was a good run while it lasted.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Let's see those tax returns.
Ah so you have nothing.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:16 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Ah so you have nothing.
That's right. I'm just speculating. But it sure would explain how Putin seems to have Trump cowed and submissive.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
That's right. I'm just speculating.
As I said, pathetic McCarthyist innuendo.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:34 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Those are not loans. Those are purchases of properties. Trump is in real estate business, which means that people may buy his properties. If you can prove that the purchases were for much higher amounts than the properties were worth, you may have something. Otherwise it is business as usual.
Business as usual?

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-sold-...ocratic-802613

Accepting CASH for payment? Who does that? From shell companies?

https://www.metro.us/president-trump...ump-properties

Old 07-21-2018, 11:39 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Ah so you have nothing.
[quote=Fox Terrier;52509237]http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...9JEQvkgEIio33R

"In terms of high-end product influx into the US, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets," Donald Trump Jr. said at a New York real-estate conference that year. "Say, in Dubai, and certainly with our project in SoHo, and anywhere in New York. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...OlR_cKdrpL3f6y

"I said, 'Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks — because of the recession, the Great Recession — have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years,'” the writers told WBUR.
"And this is what he said. He said, 'Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies