Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 09:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Not only that, he is ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

He has a very one-dimensional view of cannabis and its effects on humans, like most who have little experience with the plant.

He completely ignores the fact that it has been in use by millions for the last 50 years, with BY FAR the worst consequence being the carnage done to the lives of the people unlucky enough to get caught with some.

He also has that typical stereotype irrevocably etched in his mind that using it produces only "screwed up,lazy and unmotivated" effects on those who use it. Which is ABSOLUTE, COMPLETE, NONSENSE!

I wish I could shout that part of my message even louder.

The damage being done by prohibition far outweighs any damage the plant could ever cause, another fact which just bounces off of prohibitionists.
Alcoholics,drug addicts and smokers say the same things you do and the Corporations behind the products feed into and push that mantra. Keep making 'em rich!

MJ is safer than drinking a bottle of Sulphuric Acid so it should be legal! Gotta love the "facts" y'all keep trying to push as reality but IN FACT are not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 11:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
They said the same thing about Cigarettes years ago as well. How'd that turn out for everyone except the Tobacco companies and their investors? BTW, not a member of the "GOP" or any of the other blather you wrote. You want to play with your vices? You take the risks that come along with them be they physical, legal or otherwise.
Plus we have known for quite some time how dangerous and deadly cigarettes are...yet no one is calling for restrictions on access or bans, why should marijuana be any different?

Its kind of silly how everyone keeps debating on the health and safety aspects of marijuana, when cigarettes are available at just about any store you walk in. doesnt make any sense.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:52 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Quote:
Alcoholics,drug addicts and smokers say the same things you do and the Corporations behind the products feed into and push that mantra. Keep making 'em rich!

MJ is safer than drinking a bottle of Sulphuric Acid so it should be legal! Gotta love the "facts" y'all keep trying to push as reality but IN FACT are not...
Gotta love the inexperienced posting here like they are experts and 100% certain their stereotypes are correct.

At 61, and after 47+ years of daily usage I'd love to know when all these maladies are going to hit me.

Almost every one of your facts are wrong. The only thing you got right is that many dispensaries are indeed owned by millionaires -- because the dispensary made them one.

Owned by corporations? Give me a break! Where do you get your information from? Or do you just make it up?

Corporations won't touch mj yet, it is still federally illegal. They can't get banking, and it scares their lawyers to death. Many investment firms won't even let their clients invest in mj related stocks!

As far making anyone rich, you must have missed the part about growing my own, which is quite a common practice. Just google hydroponic supplies to get an indication of how huge of an industry that is. They're definitely raking in some profits, and have been for many years.

Why is it that 47 years of experience in virtually any subject in the universe invokes some confidence in people that maybe that person knows a thing or two about the subject, but if the subject is cannabis, decades of experience is meaningless? Or even derogatory?

Actually, I will go ahead and answer that for you. It's brainwashing. I am sorry to say you are quite the victim of it.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:11 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Alcohol is so much worse as far as the general public is concerned.

Legalize it!

Old 07-26-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Gotta love the inexperienced posting here like they are experts and 100% certain their stereotypes are correct.

At 61, and after 47+ years of daily usage I'd love to know when all these maladies are going to hit me.

Almost every one of your facts are wrong. The only thing you got right is that many dispensaries are indeed owned by millionaires -- because the dispensary made them one.

Owned by corporations? Give me a break! Where do you get your information from? Or do you just make it up?

Corporations won't touch mj yet, it is still federally illegal. They can't get banking, and it scares their lawyers to death. Many investment firms won't even let their clients invest in mj related stocks!

As far making anyone rich, you must have missed the part about growing my own, which is quite a common practice. Just google hydroponic supplies to get an indication of how huge of an industry that is. They're definitely raking in some profits, and have been for many years.

Why is it that 47 years of experience in virtually any subject in the universe invokes some confidence in people that maybe that person knows a thing or two about the subject, but if the subject is cannabis, decades of experience is meaningless? Or even derogatory?

Actually, I will go ahead and answer that for you. It's brainwashing. I am sorry to say you are quite the victim of it.
And not all tobacco users got cancer or had any other of the maladies associated with it even after 50 years of use.
So I guess we should remove all warnings, restrictions and bans...

Old 07-26-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
And not all tobacco users got cancer or had any other of the maladies associated with it even after 50 years of use.
My gosh, you are grasping at the thinnest straws I have ever seen.

MILLIONS of tobacco users have contracted cancer over the last 50 years, directly attributable to the use of tobacco. MILLIONS.

In contrast, ZERO cases of cancer have been attributable to cannabis usage over the last 50 years, even though there are millions us. ZERO.

Care to try again? Or, on second thought maybe you shouldn't. This is getting embarrassing.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:

MILLIONS of tobacco users have contracted cancer over the last 50 years, directly attributable to the use of tobacco. MILLIONS.

In contrast, ZERO cases of cancer have been attributable to cannabis usage over the last 50 years, even though there are millions us. ZERO.

Care to try again? Or, on second thought maybe you shouldn't. This is getting embarrassing.
You're right, embarrassing for you. You are the one equating Cancer with Pot not I, in fact I never equated to the two.
Try reading what I said again sloooowly, maybe even while straight and you'll get it...

Old 07-26-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
You're right, embarrassing for you. You are the one equating Cancer with Pot not I, in fact I never equated to the two.
Try reading what I said again sloooowly, maybe even while straight and you'll get it...
I assumed your statement referencing cancer and tobacco was related to the topic of the thread.

If your reference was to some other unrelated topic, I assure you no one got it.

As far as not knowing about the risks of cigarette smoking until later, they were called "coffin nails" in the 1930's.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I disagree...to the bolded

this conservative has always been for hemp...

there are 1001 uses for hemp (cannabis ) not counting getting high

democrats are the ones who made hemp illegal in 1937

everyone should be for the freedom of hemp, yet its the liberals that want to REGULATE it..as always liberals are anti-freedom
Do you also feel the same about recreational marijuana? In highly conservative Oklahoma, they want to keep recreational marijuana illegal to the tune of 62.2% opposed to legalizing it.
https://soonerpoll.com/news9-newson6...nal-marijuana/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies