Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 07:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I never did, the black man in the video is. Why don't you ask him? He thinks the case of Palov's dog is the best analogy and it just happens to use dogs. It could have used any animal or even humans to do the research but Pavlov chose dogs, perhaps they were easiest to do his research at the time. Don't read to much into it or maybe you are a race hustler yourself.
You didn’t have to.
You chose to share a video that does.

Clearly the dog reference is one you are comfortable with.

Otherwise, why associate yourself with it by starting this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 09:59 AM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Thank you.

The video, and by extension the OP, would have us believe that racism doesn’t exist except when used as a tool by liberals.
All of those people who have actually experienced racism are not to be believed as per the OP.
They clearly aren’t real, sentient beings who know when they’ve been attacked or insulted.

Nope, as far as the OP and the video maker are concerned, Blacks wouldn’t have any idea that they’ve been insulted until/unless “liberals” tell them so.

Because, you know, they aren’t really human - like Pavlov’s dogs.

“Insulting” is about the kindest thing I could say about this video.
I have no words for the OP and others who choose to shop it as meaningful.
It also leaves us with this question. If allegedly, Blacks only react to racism when they're told about it, why do Blacks react to that? That is an important question to ask. Furthermore, the thread says only liberals will mention racist incidents against Blacks. Why aren't more conservatives mentioning racist incidents against Blacks when they take place?

It says alot of the severe disconnect and lack of empathy that has always existed. And comparing Black Americans to the Pavlovian dog, that is stupid. It is insulting. But it also says something else without really saying it. It says ignorance is bliss. The idea of "want to keep Black people peaceful? Don't remind them of the racism they deal with".

In my experiences, I don't need liberals to tell me how to react. I've dealt with racism in my daily life. With the overt racism I dealt with in high school, it leaves alot to wonder about covert racism. I've sometimes wondered if I was being discriminated against. I wonder if some of the jobs I was turned down for, race played a role. I wonder if this is why someone called the cops on me under the guise of "suspicious person". I have to wonder what people think of me every day, And it sucks to wonder how someone might perceive you because of your race. I hear about some Black criminal killing some people and I think "Oh great, this is going to provide more ammo for someone who already doesn't like Blacks". Sometimes I want to tell that criminal "You know every time you commit crimes, you make it harder for me as a Black man". A liberal doesn't have to tell me anything. All I need to do is think about what I've gone through.

Old 03-04-2019, 03:12 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It also leaves us with this question. If allegedly, Blacks only react to racism when they're told about it, why do Blacks react to that? That is an important question to ask. Furthermore, the thread says only liberals will mention racist incidents against Blacks. Why aren't more conservatives mentioning racist incidents against Blacks when they take place?
Why aren't? lol WHo says they are not? You make up so much garbage it's laughable. I don't think you are capable of seeing the truth since your agenda is so depraved and twisted.

Quote:
It says alot of the severe disconnect and lack of empathy that has always existed. And comparing Black Americans to the Pavlovian dog, that is stupid. It is insulting. But it also says something else without really saying it. It says ignorance is bliss. The idea of "want to keep Black people peaceful? Don't remind them of the racism they deal with".
awww poor little thing. Do you need an empathic hug? It's about the policy of the welfare state which encourages people to not work and not stay together and raise their kids. But it's much easier to blame the white devil than it is to look in the mirror. That's who you are blaming racism on. Guess what? Whites do the exact same thing as blacks do.

Quote:
In my experiences, I don't need liberals to tell me how to react. I've dealt with racism in my daily life. With the overt racism I dealt with in high school, it leaves alot to wonder about covert racism. I've sometimes wondered if I was being discriminated against. I wonder if some of the jobs I was turned down for, race played a role. I wonder if this is why someone called the cops on me under the guise of "suspicious person". I have to wonder what people think of me every day, And it sucks to wonder how someone might perceive you because of your race. I hear about some Black criminal killing some people and I think "Oh great, this is going to provide more ammo for someone who already doesn't like Blacks". Sometimes I want to tell that criminal "You know every time you commit crimes, you make it harder for me as a Black man". A liberal doesn't have to tell me anything. All I need to do is think about what I've gone through.
The problem about the way you think is the inability to put it in the proper context because of your twisted agenda. All the things that keep blacks down, also keep whites down, but you don't see that. You're too busy seeing color.

Old 03-04-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I don't care which way you vote but expecting any politician to fix your (collective your) problems is chasing rainbows.
Well, there are other people here who are concerned about who Black people vote for. And by that, more concerned about the stake they themselves have in it rather than about Black people's wellbeing. I'm not saying politicians will solve all of our problems. I'm saying people are trying to pick the lesser of two evils, at least as far as their own problems are concerned.

It isn't that Democrats are so good. It's more or less "Democrats aren't very good, but Republicans provide even fewer reasons for Blacks to vote for them". Basically, it's vote for whom you think hates you the least.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I find it hilarious that this thread is built around calling black people dumb and gullible, while claiming the other side are the racists. The racism is so deeply ingrained in American conservatives that they can’t even see it.
That is how hypocrisy works. We have a video of someone claiming the "Democrats are racist", as well as persons on this thread. All the while, comparing Blacks to the Pavlovian dog. This is known as hypocrisy. There is also an element of gaslighting to go with it. The idea is to make someone feel like they are crazy or try to make that person question their own reality for the purpose of deflection/distraction. Consider this. The very persons who claim "the Democrats are racist against you" will make some not so nice comments about Blacks. However, it gets chalked up to "shut up" when there are certain race-related issues one might have to deal with. Here is another factor. Said persons can never come up with any good reasons for Blacks to vote Republican.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You didn’t have to.
You chose to share a video that does.

Clearly the dog reference is one you are comfortable with.

Otherwise, why associate yourself with it by starting this thread?
That is a good question to ask. Comparing Black people to Pavlov's dog. And then acting as if Black people are stupid. This is my opinion. Black people aren't as ignorant or stupid as some people want to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies