Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 07:37 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

It's called a discussion about the video. Your opinion, my opinion.

I thought he watched the video, I know, silly of me. So many don't watch the videos but like to argue about them being wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 10:16 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Funny, and yet sad and disturbing. Conservatives trying to tell Black people they don't know how to react to racism or that they don't know what racism is, or that Blacks are brainwashed. No amount of shaming or telling us "the liberals have brainwashed you" will make Blacks want to vote Republican or become hardcore conservatives.

Here is the thing. Blacks are not being "trained" to react to racism. Blacks do not need any training. Black Americans have experience tons of bigotry and racism projected upon them for the past 350-400 years. Blacks have had to deal with this from day one.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:48 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I never did, the black man in the video is. Why don't you ask him? He thinks the case of Palov's dog is the best analogy and it just happens to use dogs. It could have used any animal or even humans to do the research but Pavlov chose dogs, perhaps they were easiest to do his research at the time. Don't read to much into it or maybe you are a race hustler yourself.
Are you truly familiar with Pavlov's dogs? Do you not understand how insulting this is?

Old 08-13-2018, 04:11 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Funny, and yet sad and disturbing. Conservatives trying to tell Black people they don't know how to react to racism or that they don't know what racism is, or that Blacks are brainwashed. No amount of shaming or telling us "the liberals have brainwashed you" will make Blacks want to vote Republican or become hardcore conservatives.

Here is the thing. Blacks are not being "trained" to react to racism. Blacks do not need any training. Black Americans have experience tons of bigotry and racism projected upon them for the past 350-400 years. Blacks have had to deal with this from day one.
Yes.

The bar has been set low for everyone. If a black person is reacting negatively, there's a reason for it. I can accept that Kanye West means well when he says think for yourself, but why the directive? Is he suggesting that only he thinks and others don't.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Are you truly familiar with Pavlov's dogs? Do you not understand how insulting this is?
I am familiar with it but why should it be insulting? It's a scientific study on psychology and we all fall into the trap of being influenced and sometimes not for our own good.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:51 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICo8ArskbMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U2MJY-53lM

We probably need to listen to some of his other videos to make up our minds about him. He may be wrong, as you say.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:01 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
[/b]

LOL, I thought that was the message of the video. The black man who made the video made that point. That is what the whole video is all about. Sorry it went over your head.
The message of the video was summed up in its final moments, when he said "walk away." If that's not a clear anti-Democrat, anti-liberal comment, I don't know what is, now that it's become such a trendy new slogan for the right. He is not telling people to make their own decisions based on policy, he's essentially telling other black people that if they don't "walk away" with him, they're nothing but pawns, and not smart enough to see it without his help.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:08 AM

Yes, that is his opinion and it's still a free country. You can disagree with him but it's still his opinion.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:13 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Yes, that is his opinion and it's still a free country. You can disagree with him but it's still his opinion.
Of course it is, and he is entitled to it. That doesn't change the message.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:19 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Yes.

The bar has been set low for everyone. If a black person is reacting negatively, there's a reason for it. I can accept that Kanye West means well when he says think for yourself, but why the directive? Is he suggesting that only he thinks and others don't.
I never look to Kanye West for political advice. However, there is something alot of people forgotten. This is the same guy who said "George Bush doesn't care about Black people" during a telethon raising money for Hurricane Katrina victims. Alot of conservatives hated him. Now we have some conservatives looking at him as "this is our Black guy" because he appears to support Trump.

He is saying the right thing when he says "think for yourself". However, as you say, we don't know what he is really saying. What does he mean? Does he really mean "Blacks should vote Republican"?

This is what my point is in response to the title of the thread. Black people aren't being trained to "react to racism". Black people have been dealing with racism for centuries. Anyone who claims that Blacks are being "trained to react" are being intellectually dishonest, or they are showing a lack of empathy.

There is more I want to add. Said persons who claim "the liberals are training you to react to racism" are basically saying "Blacks can't think for themselves, they need us conservatives to guide them". Said persons are being racist by basically saying "Blacks are too dumb to think for themselves".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies