Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 05:10 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I totally agree the Lost Causers are scumbags pure and simple.
I live in Georgia, so I run into a few once in a while. I went to high school with a few kids who thought like that. Proof of that was the sizable amount of kids coming to school with Confederate flag t-shirts.

As it compares to this topic, I look at it like this. Yes, Lyndon B. Johnson said some stupid things. He also signed the Civil Rights Act. Barry Goldwater was against it. Barry Goldwater won Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina. He barely won Arizona, his home state. He won states that put up the most resistance against the Civil Rights movement. This could have something to do with why so many Blacks have voted Democrat for the past 50+ years. It's not about the handouts. It's about a concern that civil rights could be taken away. And the big political switch has its roots in the civil rights era. I think alot of Blacks are aware that nowadays, there aren't many tangibles that the Democratic Party will have for Blacks. There is also a perception that the Republican Party has nothing to offer Blacks. It's a perception of "the guy who gives you crumbs vs the guy who gives you nothing".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 05:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
libs don't need to please black people anymore, they have them in their pocket no matter what they do. Plus it's sooo 20th century, Hispanics are the new race favored by Democrats, no need to cater to black folks, they're loyal servants who vote in lockstep with whatever Dems propose to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I can’t believe that black folks fall for the a Democratic BS after all the years of abuse they have received at their hands. Time after time these Democratic race hustlers are exposed as actual terrible racists themselves and still the blacks vote Democrat.

It’s the worst case of Stockholm Syndrome in history.
Yeah, well don’t worry about it fellas. The black vote is our business.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, well don’t worry about it fellas. The black vote is our business.
I'll give my take on it. It nothing to do with the progress of Black people. The persons who seem to worry the most about the Black vote aren't concerned about Black well-being. It's all about "the politician I want in office would have an easier time getting in if Blacks didn't vote Democrat".

Old 03-03-2019, 05:32 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never look to Kanye West for political advice. However, there is something alot of people forgotten. This is the same guy who said "George Bush doesn't care about Black people" during a telethon raising money for Hurricane Katrina victims. Alot of conservatives hated him. Now we have some conservatives looking at him as "this is our Black guy" because he appears to support Trump.

He is saying the right thing when he says "think for yourself". However, as you say, we don't know what he is really saying. What does he mean? Does he really mean "Blacks should vote Republican"?

This is what my point is in response to the title of the thread. Black people aren't being trained to "react to racism". Black people have been dealing with racism for centuries. Anyone who claims that Blacks are being "trained to react" are being intellectually dishonest, or they are showing a lack of empathy.

There is more I want to add. Said persons who claim "the liberals are training you to react to racism" are basically saying "Blacks can't think for themselves, they need us conservatives to guide them". Said persons are being racist by basically saying "Blacks are too dumb to think for themselves".
I watched the entire video. What I took away from it was more that he was saying they've been trained to react to white liberals claims of racism, rather than how they might have seen an incident. Perhaps that's not what he meant, but that's what it seemed to me. Are your thoughts about it any different if that's his point?

Old 03-03-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I watched the entire video. What I took away from it was more that he was saying they've been trained to react to white liberals claims of racism, rather than how they might have seen an incident. Perhaps that's not what he meant, but that's what it seemed to me. Are your thoughts about it any different if that's his point?
I watched the video. What I got out of it is "Blacks shouldn't be told about the racism they deal with". I got out of it "we shouldn't mention racism or even talk about it because it does more harm than good to Blacks". I'm sorry, but bigotry and racism are still big issues that Blacks have to deal with every day. The presence of opportunistic politicians does not change this. It still does not give Blacks a reason to vote Republican.

Old 03-03-2019, 06:24 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I watched the video. What I got out of it is "Blacks shouldn't be told about the racism they deal with". I got out of it "we shouldn't mention racism or even talk about it because it does more harm than good to Blacks". I'm sorry, but bigotry and racism are still big issues that Blacks have to deal with every day. The presence of opportunistic politicians does not change this. It still does not give Blacks a reason to vote Republican.
I don't care which way you vote but expecting any politician to fix your (collective your) problems is chasing rainbows.

Old 03-03-2019, 06:28 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,970,308 times
I find it hilarious that this thread is built around calling black people dumb and gullible, while claiming the other side are the racists. The racism is so deeply ingrained in American conservatives that they can’t even see it.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:02 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,943,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I find it hilarious that this thread is built around calling black people dumb and gullible, while claiming the other side are the racists. The racism is so deeply ingrained in American conservatives that they can’t even see it.
Thats the bulk of the conservative platform these days. I certainly have met and have alot of respect for conservatives who aren't racists but they are sadly the minority.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:18 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Here's the ultimate Democrat Race Huckster just this week. Hillary Clinton. Down in Alabama working them up.

Hillary Clinton: ‘Racist and White Supremacist Views Are Lifted Up’ in the White House

This, the same woman who never disavowed KKK Grand Master Robert Bryd, was a member of a Whites Only country club the entire time she was in Arkansas as First Lady there, and who called Black males "Super Predators" who should be brought to heel.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:19 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Back to the OP...

Black Americans don't need to be trained by anyone. They've lived their entire lives in a racist country as did their parents and grandparents all the way back to the days of slavery. I find that video to be extremely insulting. The premise is that racism is not a real phenomenon in America today. Therefore, Blacks must be "trained" to respond in certain ways. If blacks are being trained by anyone, it's by racists and bigots on the right starting with Donald Trump and his "good people on both sides" statement.
Thank you.

The video, and by extension the OP, would have us believe that racism doesn’t exist except when used as a tool by liberals.
All of those people who have actually experienced racism are not to be believed as per the OP.
They clearly aren’t real, sentient beings who know when they’ve been attacked or insulted.

Nope, as far as the OP and the video maker are concerned, Blacks wouldn’t have any idea that they’ve been insulted until/unless “liberals” tell them so.

Because, you know, they aren’t really human - like Pavlov’s dogs.

“Insulting” is about the kindest thing I could say about this video.
I have no words for the OP and others who choose to shop it as meaningful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies