Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 12:24 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The black unemployment rate went from 17% to 7% during Obama`s term and the president doesn`t have the power to give people a raise in wages.
The he shouldn’t have campaigned on change.
Quote:
The gun violence was far worse during the Reagan years when the yearly average was 722 gun deaths but I don`t think it was Reagan`s or Obama`s idea to let everyone who wants a gun have a gun.
I’m sure gun violence was worse in the Wild Wild West, that doesn’t make black on black violence acceptable or ok.
Quote:
What would happen if Obama had created special programs to help blacks only?
That’s the point, liberals can’t help blacks and they never will. Change comes from within and not a politician.
Quote:
A lot of white people lost their minds just seeing a black man in the Whitehouse. However I do agree with you that there is something really effed up within that culture. Solution???
A lot of white people voted to get that black man in the whitehouse.

The solution has been stated hundreds of times. Stop subsidizing and providing a financial incentive for single parents to have babies through the explosion of welfare. Reform welfare to stop penalizing 2 parent low income earners when a single parent has more benefits and less taxes.

This will decrease the out of wedlock birthrates, increase the number of 2 parent workers in the household, and decreas the number dysfunctional unstable households raising kids at high risk of committing crime and engaging in self sabotaging issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 12:24 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,468,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
I do think he is a good family man who's election to the presidency has given hope to millions of black Americans who felt that they could not achieve anything they want to through hard work and honesty.

This is his legacy. You cannot put a price on the millions of black children who will never know what it's like to think, "There will never be a black president in my lifetime," or the centenarians who lived through Jim Crow, whose parents were slaves and lived through Reconstruction...and witnessed the impossible happen in their lifetime.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
White Republicans casting shadow on a black Democrat president and acting as an authority for what that president did for black people? Priceless!
Im black, clearly you didn’t read the end of the original post.

Sorry for the breaking news. I’m also libertarian not republican

Old 08-12-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And unless you are Black -- meh -- I don't care what you think -- lol.
I’m black so...

Old 08-12-2018, 12:30 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’m black so...
Yeah, I mean you DID say "my black community" in the OP.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:33 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Two people so far have assumed that you are a white Republican.

. . . it's like they assume that a black person would never admit that change has to come from within.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
But, I do think he is a good family man who's election to the presidency has given hope to millions of black Americans who felt that they could not achieve anything they want to through hard work and honesty.
Many people felt this way in 2008, including me. Unfortunately the statistics don’t reflect any noticeable change during or after his presidency.

If he inspired the Americans who needed hope the most (poor people of color) then cities like Southside Chicago should not be breaking records with gun violence.

Truth is he didn’t inspire or provide hope for anyone who wasn’t already going to succeed in life regardless of who was in office. Just as his election didn’t stop any criminal who wasn’t already going to act a fool regardless of who was in office. The statistics say so.

Quote:
So while I don't celebrate Obama's policies, I do celebrate the election of the first black President.
As do I, the problem is he campaigned on change for 8 years and not just being black.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:40 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’m black so...
Then what do you THINK -- not what do the cited stats indicate.

And thanks for sharing.

From what I have heard -- many blacks feel that it was encouraging to see a black person in the Presidency.

I would be encouraged if a woman became President....even one I may not have voted for.

It shows that gains are being made.

At one time there is no way a black person would have been able to hold such a high office right?

Old 08-12-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Two people so far have assumed that you are a white Republican.

. . . it's like they assume that a black person would never admit that change has to come from within.
Agreed, it’s like black people aren’t allowed to think for themselves. They must all vote the same way and support the same failed liberal politicians.

Black people aren’t allowed to look in the mirror either. Nope, we’re perfect. Every time a black guy shoots another black guy it was the fault of a white person somehow

This must be what Ben Carson, Colin Powell, Clarence Thomas, and Condi Rice feel like 24/7.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Then what do you THINK -- not what do the cited stats indicate.
Liberals and their explosion of welfare policies are the author of black pain and issues.

The more we vote for them the worse off we get. Sorry that you can’t see the obvious. This doesn’t mean blacks need to vote republicans, this means blacks need to vote for themselves (no one) and changing within. Aka not shooting eachother every week

Quote:
From what I have heard -- many blacks feel that it was encouraging to see a black person in the Presidency.[

I would be encouraged if a woman became President....even one I may not have voted for.

It shows that gains are being made.
What gains are being made? Feel good gains? I want the proof. I want the statistics.

Apparently these “gains” aren’t enough to stop us from kneeling for the national anthem and rioting over every police verdict over a shooting. Yeah, some great gains there.

Quote:
At one time there is no way a black person would have been able to hold such a high office right?
Right, so blacks are already armed with all the evidence (and hope) they need to be successful in this country, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies