Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 04:01 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,970,308 times

Advertisements

Literally no one believes Barack Obama did anything specifically for black Americans. He was a decent centrist president, who mostly shied away from matters of race. The two or three times that he dared remind white America of his blackness is what gave us Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 04:18 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Liberals continues to believe the election of Obama made a difference for minorities. Obama's 8 years of presidency made no significant difference or change in the lives of people of color, particularly African Americans, despite his campaign of change and hope.Why? Well the the left is still whining about how unfair capitalism is, how they hate the free market, the massive oppression, racism, discrimination, and inequality in America that for some strange reason hasn't led to a mass emigration of Americans into Canada yet.So lets looks look at the facts to bust this myth:
Fact #1 Chicago and the inner cities of America are still war zones
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...end/914141002/Fact #2. The out of wedlock birthrate, which is the single biggest issue that leads to other issues for blacks, is still 72%
City leaders agree race is a problem in Baltimore - Baltimore Sun
Fact #3: More than 75% of black are overweight or obese
https://stateofobesity.org/disparities/blacks/Fact #4. The income of blacks did not increase under Obama at all
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.432f440c1425
So as you can see, 8 years of a Obama as president did nothing to benefit the black community. With that being said, it would be safe to assume that kneeling for the national anthem or protesting a rare police shooting won't change anything either. Change comes from within and my black community will never change so long as we keep shooting each other, having kids out of wedlock, engaging in unhealthy lifestyles, and depending on politicians like Obama to "save us." No amount of blaming "outside forces" will fix self-inflicted issues either. Change must come from within and only from within. 8 years didn't change 1 single thing.
I read (ok-skimmed) your articles and stats. What I did not see is the so-called "Liberal myth," or any evidence that liberals invented a 'myth.'

I never got the edict or talking points email to invent a 'myth.' Not sure why.

Could you please post your sources that liberals made up stories regarding Obama and the black community? You did not prove with all your stats that a "liberal myth" exists.

All I could find was a posted WH statement from 2016 listing the advances blacks made under the Obama admin. They have stats also--just like you.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...administration

Old 08-12-2018, 04:24 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Liberal Myth: The election of Obama made a difference for black Americans
I think there is some truth to it. He did make a difference.

A lot of black people ended up dead or in jail as a result of following Obama's lead and disrespecting or attacking police officers. And it's not over. It will take years and years to undo the damage Obama caused. Baltimore probably never will. It will destroy the NFL.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:25 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Have you actually heard people say they hate free markets?

I ask, because I never heard anyone say it.
I don't hear liberals say they hate America, but they do.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Literally no one believes Barack Obama did anything specifically for black Americans. He was a decent centrist president, who mostly shied away from matters of race. The two or three times that he dared remind white America of his blackness is what gave us Trump.
I would say this is not accurate (both sentence #2 and #3).

President Obama never 'shied away from matters of race.' According to the book Game Change, Hillary Clinton said after the 2008 primaries that she would love to see Obama's internal campaign memos, because she thought that playing off race was his major strategy. Remember the whole SC dustup where Bill Clinton was called racist?

Obama chimed in on the Skip Gates case, implying that the cops involved were racist. He chimed in on Trayvon Martin saying that if he had a son he'd look like Martin. He chimed in on the Michael Brown case.

He knew exactly what he was doing--fomenting division so that he could run on identity politics. And it worked. Romney won 59% of the white vote, but Obama beat him by winning over 80% of the non-white vote.

Trump was not running against Obama. Hillary tried to play the ID politics game, but just was not as good at it as Obama. In retrospect even many Democrats acknowledge that she was a poor campaigner. That was what gave us Trump.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:12 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
the election of Obama did make a difference to black americans and probably black people around the world. He was the first black man elected to the most powerful position in the world. a major validation for black skinned people.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:26 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The he shouldn’t have campaigned on change.

I’m sure gun violence was worse in the Wild Wild West, that doesn’t make black on black violence acceptable or ok.

That’s the point, liberals can’t help blacks and they never will. Change comes from within and not a politician.

A lot of white people voted to get that black man in the whitehouse.

The solution has been stated hundreds of times. Stop subsidizing and providing a financial incentive for single parents to have babies through the explosion of welfare. Reform welfare to stop penalizing 2 parent low income earners when a single parent has more benefits and less taxes.

This will decrease the out of wedlock birthrates, increase the number of 2 parent workers in the household, and decreas the number dysfunctional unstable households raising kids at high risk of committing crime and engaging in self sabotaging issues.
Only someone who has never raised a child could think that single women have babies because there`s a financial incentive. My wife and I both did shift work when our children were young so I`ve walked the walk. If that`s the solution that`s been stated "hundreds of times" it was stated by a man who never had to get up at 3 a.m. to deal with a crying infant or dozens of other things that interfere with dad`s watching football or playing 18 holes with his buddies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies