Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 07:52 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Could actually provoke a potential school shooter.
Sure forcing someone into an disagreeable environment every day can have disasterous effects. Thats just one reason why compulsory education and its guv run centers should be abolished. Not unlike forcing gays into a hetero lifestyle
Do you support education freedom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 07:53 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
"Outlawing assault weapons and high-capacity magazines won’t stop all mass shootings, but it will make it harder for killers to take so many lives. And it will send a message that protecting lives matters more than protecting a twisted, anything-goes version of the Second Amendment."

WOW, I cannot believe the author said such a thing!!

Since when does safety/security trump Freedom/ liberty? Maybe this journalist needs to go back to school and learn more about the nations founding.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I doubt putting " in God we trust " will deter a school shooter.
This kind of thing will have an impact long term, but probably not so much in the short term.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
"Outlawing assault weapons and high-capacity magazines won’t stop all mass shootings, but it will make it harder for killers to take so many lives. And it will send a message that protecting lives matters more than protecting a twisted, anything-goes version of the Second Amendment."

WOW, I cannot believe the author said such a thing!!

Since when does safety/security trump Freedom/ liberty? Maybe this journalist needs to go back to school and learn more about the nations founding.
you know what would make it harder? Not collectivizing defenseless young people into gun free shooting galleries.
And no ones property rights need be violated in the process. When govt has all the guns, they kill their own people. This is fact.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:01 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sure forcing someone into an disagreeable environment every day can have disasterous effects. Thats just one reason why compulsory education and its guv run centers should be abolished. Not unlike forcing gays into a hetero lifestyle
Do you support education freedom?
By your plan, the US will become an uneducated third world nation within a generation. Few children like going to any schools beyond about the second grade. Genius!

Old 08-15-2018, 08:02 AM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
Old saying, "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it". Florida is a strange place.

Some years back, when I worked in a Florida public school, a group of Christians wanted to hand out Bibles to the students. The school district allowed this on the conditions that it would have to be after school ended, not in the school building, and that any religious group could also hand out their literature.

Besides Jehovah Witnesses coming on to the campus, a group of Wiccans also showed up. The latter were very popular with the kids, to the dismay of the Bible people. Hey, be happy the Satanists weren't there!

If you allow one view, you have allow all views.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This kind of thing will have an impact long term, but probably not so much in the short term.
"In God We Trust" is on our money, yet it does not deter money laundering, stealing, or using money to buy drugs, etc...

Old 08-15-2018, 08:04 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,502,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
you know what would make it harder? Not collectivizing defenseless young people into gun free shooting galleries.
And no ones property rights need be violated in the process. When govt has all the guns, they kill their own people. This is fact.
I've been saying it since I was a highschool student and had to do lockdown drills... but Muh 94 gun free school actz!
Because signage and a bill turned into law will deter the homicidal scumbags from an unarmed area...
I'll bet a no wolves allowed beyond this point at a field of lambs would prove just as effective.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
By your plan, the US will become an uneducated third world nation within a generation. Few children like going to any schools beyond about the second grade. Genius!
Hyperbole! Would you stop educating your own children absent a govt school?

Old 08-15-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I've been saying it since I was a highschool student and had to do lockdown drills... but Muh 94 gun free school actz!
Because signage and a bill turned into law will deter the homicidal scumbags from an unarmed area...
I'll bet a no wolves allowed beyond this point at a field of lambs would prove just as effective.
Do you expect the sign, "In God We Trust" will deter those homicidal scumbags?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies