Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 09:25 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The word "God" is like sunlight to leftist vampires now replace God with the name of their favorite gov ordained high priest and they are all smiles.
IMO christians should repudiate Ceasars education centers, not pretend their god would endorse them.
You want to stop abuse at govt schools, shut them down.
Where do you suggest children get educated? Or is that the point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 09:27 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,502,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
No, I don't want the willfully ignorant anti-gun crowd to carry. I don't want to force anyone to carry. I don't believe that carrying a firearm is something that should be done without a lot of thought, self-examination, and soul-searching. Carrying a firearm means that you are taking on a huge responsibility, and quite frankly I don't think the majority of teachers would be up to it.

On the other hand, if a teacher has learned about firearms and has made the decision to carry I don't believe that it is the right of the school district, the local government, the state government, or the federal government to tell them that they cannot exercise their natural right of self-defense because some mental midgets think that a sign saying "no guns allowed" is going to stop a person determined to do as much damage in as little time as possible from shooting up the artificially created hunting preserves that we send our children to every day.
Thats the problem with them. You must adopt through force their ideologies and if you don't you're discredited as hating kids for not going along with their agenda.
Where as we, don't force others to adopt our beliefs. We simply would allow, meaning voluntary, those that want to carry, to carry.

Their only argument against it is some irrational, emotional, unrealistic, hyperbolic last ditch effort.

Would you leave a loaded handgun on a table while you made dinner. Prime example.
Legitimate answer to an irrational question, no I would have my pistol in my waistband. Why would I do something irresponsible like leaving a loaded and chambered weapon on top of a table? Why would it not be in my waistband? It makes absolutely 0 sense to me why they would ask something so foolish...

Old 08-15-2018, 09:31 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
In God we Trust does that as it is a non specific God, where as clarification is up to the individual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Then it should read, "In gods, we trust." Polytheists believe in many gods.
... Elohim in Hebrew.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:33 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Where did I say it did? I used the word, "if."
Very big “if”.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:33 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Why would you advocate for irresponsible practices? Is that to further your agenda when an accident/act of negligence takes place to add to your statistics?

I find that profoundly stupid.
Insurance companies know statistics better than anyone and that is why they are refusing to not to insure schools that allow employees to carry concealed handguns.

Quote:
"Concealed handguns on school premises pose a heightened liability risk," the insurer informed districts via its agent network. "We have chosen not to insure schools that allow employees to carry concealed handguns. Schools permitting concealed handguns will be declined, as new business. Existing schools permitting concealed handguns will not be renewed."
One big problem with the idea of arming teachers: Insurance companies won't play along, and for good reason

Old 08-15-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Insurance companies know statistics better than anyone and that is why they are refusing to not to insure schools that allow employees to carry concealed handguns.

One big problem with the idea of arming teachers: Insurance companies won't play along, and for good reason
Yeah, too bad they didn't call upon CDC stats that show accidental fatalities/injuries being so low compared to the numbers of NICS checks being so high...

Old 08-15-2018, 09:52 AM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I love God, but as we've seen over the last few years, he will not stop the bullets of mentally ill people.
If God doesn’t stop evil people from mass shootings then why do you love God?

Old 08-15-2018, 10:41 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:

As a good statist, you should be calling for the government to force insurance companies to change their policies. Or is it only health insurance that requires the government to screw it up?

Old 08-15-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
As a good statist, you should be calling for the government to force insurance companies to change their policies. Or is it only health insurance that requires the government to screw it up?
LOL that won't buff out.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:25 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Not my job. Interesting that the insurance companies won't insure schools with armed teachers. Actuaries are not fools when it comes to probabilities and statistics. That is how insurance companies make a profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies