Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2018, 08:36 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Could you post some thinking that isn't put into your head by Fox. The US government just revoked the security clearance of a man who might see threats that no one including that propaganda machine that you watch can see.

Thanks for the offer to join the liberal collective.
I realize any voice outside of that collective the left wants to censor and silence to install a one party government. Its disturbing for those on the left to hear views they don't approve of.

Brennan has proven he is blinded by hate and a partisan. What ever he sees is worthless.
There is no one person that has intel or keeps a secret no one else in the CIA has knowledge of.
That would be a failure of the intel community.
When ask about collision between Russia and Trump, Brennan stated he didn't have any evidence of it. Why not take his word for it, if he is so important. Don't you trust Obama's intel people ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 08:42 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
So talked with cousin who has worked for several international companies over his 40-year career negotiating contracts.

He stated that it was not unusual to be contacted by former colleagues about any number of matters.

According to him, at the level Brennan was operating, there would be all sorts of information that he possessed that those currently doing the job might find valuable, such as reliable back channel communication partners, ...

Old 08-19-2018, 08:47 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There is NO allegation that he has leaked classified information with regard to Donald Trump.

It's political playback and nothing more.

Shrug.

Republicans should expect nothing less when some of these traitors leave the White house.
Political payback and deflection from the bad news, eg. Omorosa and Manafort trial. And it seems to work since this is one of the longest threads we've had in a long time.

"The White House has reportedly already drafted documents to revoke the security clearances of more former intelligence officials critical of President Trump—and plans to strategically release them to distract from negative news stories, according to The Washington Post. A senior White House official cited by the Post late Friday said White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and deputy chief of staff Bill Shine have discussed what times would be best to drop the new revoked security clearances in order to deflect from unfavorable news. Trump reportedly wants to sign “most if not all” of the upcoming revocations."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/report...-from-bad-news

Old 08-19-2018, 08:48 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So talked with cousin who has worked for several international companies over his 40-year career negotiating contracts.

He stated that it was not unusual to be contacted by former colleagues about any number of matters.

According to him, at the level Brennan was operating, there would be all sorts of information that he possessed that those currently doing the job might find valuable, such as reliable back channel communication partners, ...

For them to do that, brennan would have to know a lot about what was being done.....

The problem with that, you can have the highest security known to man, but you still have whats called "Need to know"...which means because you have a clearance, does not mean you need to know everything.

It's pretty obvious that people who have never had a clearance are responding.....(I'm not pointing you out directly, but to others in this thread and others....)

I've had my clearance now going on for over 30 years.....

Last edited by chucksnee; 08-19-2018 at 09:00 AM..

Old 08-19-2018, 08:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So you support a war mongering ghoul like Bolton retaining his access. Truth is Obama probably sought his advice with his own wars of choice.
Do YOU support a war mongering ghoul being in the current administration?

Oh, now I have TDS?

How about those 70 prior intelligence officer's that have spoken out about Trump's taking political payback on Brennan? All those guys have TDS too?

Please.

Trump admitted he revoked his clearance because of the Russia investigation.

End of story.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:56 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Political payback and deflection from the bad news, eg. Omorosa and Manafort trial. And it seems to work since this is one of the longest threads we've had in a long time.

"The White House has reportedly already drafted documents to revoke the security clearances of more former intelligence officials critical of President Trump—and plans to strategically release them to distract from negative news stories, according to The Washington Post. A senior White House official cited by the Post late Friday said White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and deputy chief of staff Bill Shine have discussed what times would be best to drop the new revoked security clearances in order to deflect from unfavorable news. Trump reportedly wants to sign “most if not all” of the upcoming revocations."

All righty then.

Let the good times roll.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:01 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post

That makes no sense.....to the left those WOULD be negative news stories and just add to them....

Old 08-19-2018, 09:06 AM

9,434 posts, read 5,197,344 times
I have a real problem with Brennan throwing out accusations of 'treason,' claiming there is evidence of 'collusion,' but in 2017 when he had an opportunity to proffer such evidence, he said there was none. This tells me all I knew to know about this guy; I don't care how many people admire him or appreciate his 'service.'

And Paul Ryan can go straight to hell. Have a nice retirement.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:08 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Like Bruce Ohr backchanneling the Russian information into the justice dept. and through media into the public to frame Trump. That's likely to cost Bruce and Sally Yates their clearance too.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:38 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
For them to do that, brennan would have to know a lot about what was being done.....

The problem with that, you can have the highest security known to man, but you still have whats called "Need to know"...which means because you have a clearance, does not mean you need to know everything.

It's pretty obvious that people who have never had a clearance are responding.....(I'm not pointing you out directly, but to others in this thread and others....)

I've had my clearance now going on for over 30 years.....
I thought they left security clearances in place so if there is an emergency and they need former agents they don't have to go through the red tape to get their help & input immediately, am I wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies