Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2018, 04:28 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Nothing will change with single payer. You just watch.
Of course it would. Other countries pay half of what we do and everyone is covered. Thats why the corrupt elites in charge who benefit from the current system are so vehemently against it, as their gravy train would come to a screeching halt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 04:29 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
And how would that work?
Sign a form? Its voluntary, die if you wish. Kids? Mandatory enrollment if necessary up to certain age?

Anyway ... make it something equivalent as suggested.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:33 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I don't know about you, but I was taught to read left to right, top to bottom. When I come here the first thing I see is a posters name, if I see that poster, and they have not quoted someone I skip it, if they have quoted someone I check to see if it was me because I'm curious if I've been blocked (which I wish I was)...if its me that he has quoted I still skip reading what was written, but just continue on my way without reading the long rants of name calling or drivel that they usual are. So yeah I'm aware of their constant annoying posts, but that doesn't mean I actually read them. Pretty simple to deduce that one can see who posted something and who they quoted without actually reading what they write.

Maybe instead of jumping on me to make some stupid unfounded accusation, you should work on your reading comprehension and think about what you actually read vs. what you think you read before you make a smart @ $$ post about someone else.
Wow. Touchy, much?

I just thought it was funny that you would waste your own time replying to someone you don't read. If they are truly unworthy of effort on your part, why not just put them on ignore and be done with it? It IS ironic, and pointing that out is hardly "jumping on you." As for being a bit of a smarta**, I guess I am at times. It's a good release valve, and helps keep me from turning into a rageaholic.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:39 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Medical RESEARCH costs tens of millions with NO guarantee of its success.

It takes 5 YEARS for the FDA to approve a medicine.

Then your patent only last 7 years

You want it, you have to PAY for it, it's that simple, that's life.
Then the government should let me die with dignity. Did Dr. Kervorkian have an assistant?

Old 08-18-2018, 04:40 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Of course it would. Other countries pay half of what we do and everyone is covered. Thats why the corrupt elites in charge who benefit from the current system are so vehemently against it, as their gravy train would come to a screeching halt.
In that case we need no new taxes let’s do it lol

Old 08-18-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
In that case we need no new taxes let’s do it lol
First we have to ask who did you vote for in the past Congressional election. If you voted for a big pharma and insurance puppet, then "let's do it" wont be enough. As the puppet you voted for rely on "let's not do it". He or she gets a lot of money in return for doing what their donors tell them to do.

Very little new taxes are indeed needed. Its just a question of having the guts to kick out the corrupt politicians and ignore the crying and screaming from the people who are afraid of losing their power.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:46 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
We will get single payer and it will screw the working people

Old 08-18-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
What's screwing the working people is the current obscene system, the most expensive in the world by a long shot. The working people of the rest of the developed world would wonder why we keep up with these crooks.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. I've lived in both Louisville and Lexington. No car (by choice). I had no problem working, shopping, etc.

That's why you carefully choose where you live and work, like I did when I didn't want to have a car.
You have the answer to everything. Louisville and Lexington are big towns by Kentucky standards, but what about the place the person you were replying to? I don't know. Do you? Louisville and Lexington compare to Columbia, South Carolina where I moved for a job. I could have lived life without a car in Columbia and survived on the bus system. I did for a month or so while my car was in the shop. (It felt like a month anyway. Maybe it wasn't.)

When I moved back to my hometown, things changed. I moved to the boonies where it is cheaper than downtown and much cheaper than Columbia. I think you think all of us little people out here have it as good as you do. I don't bemoan you for having it better than I, but I do wish you realized that not everyone is like you. (Although I think you actually do.)

Old 08-18-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Working people get screwed now when they have insurance through work, then go into the hospital and lose insurance because they can't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies