Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 12:29 AM

2,362 posts, read 779,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Valuing education is great, at the same time, a school shouldn’t be deprived of resources needed to learn the most effectively. Part of fixing inner city schools would be having teachers who can relate to the students.
I don't believe the problem is the teachers. This is a kind of excuse. There are a lot of good teachers who get burned out in those schools only to go running out screaming and ending up in a cushy job in some suburban white district. If you talk to them it's almost always that the classrooms are uncontrollable, the students undisciplined, and the parents not caring or even involved in the education of their children.

You cannot discipline a child and make them behave in a school if their parent at home doesn't care and this is the true issue.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:12 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.
You said:
Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Just like conservatives have a generalized "anti-abortion" stance, then one should also realize, that among Liberal people, there are also people who don't indulge in "birth control medications".... which means they have concerns for life, and rather than take a pill or abortion, they have the child. No one can condemn them for that. Many of the people walking around today, did not come from situations of "planned pregnancy", where they are conservative or liberal. One might want to think deeper into their own claim of pro-life, when they are quick to condemn people who have babies, because they did not choose the pill and did not choose abortion. so, just how much pro life do the pro lifers support?

It certainly appears as fact; that Liberals support individual choice and the right to respect people by and through the choice they make, which is a manner and form of Pro-Life.

You might want to do some research and find out who is the biggest users of public services? because if that is your basis of claiming conservative, you are ill informed about truth. You also might want to look at the reals facts about who is the largest crime makers in America.
Then you might want to take a look at what is "Poverty" and its impact, then you may become aware that Out of 54 yrs, a great many black people have advanced.
any expectation of 100% is absurd, because after 100's of yrs white society has not gained 100% of people out of poverty, and they had the skin that afforded the option of accessibility, and they make up the majority in raw numbers as being users of public services.

Therefore, one should not be so quick to denigrate "people" who utilize public assistance.

Whatever your basis of being conservative is your choice, but if you don't know what and why Liberal people think and what they see as their values. Then you post an assumption, only referenced by your statement about public assistance and single parent families. You might want to look at the real numbers about single family parents, who are white, whether it having kids out of wedlock as well as because of divorce or what other things that produce single family parents.

Go and look at the number of black people who work in the various service industries, who come to work everyday, but the pay is insufficient to elevate their economics, but they still come to work. Then ask yourself, what would society do, without people who work in the service industry? So, there is no denigration needed for the people who give their labor into the service industries.

Not everyone black nor white, is destined for "university indoctrination's".

Liberal minded people rarely complain about the system of paying taxes, that is something more often a Conservative aim and agenda, but Conservatives want taxes spent only on what they want, and to deny the usage of tax to be spent on what they don't like or don't care about.

Liberal people are not some mass supporters of anyone abusing public services, that is a right wing conservative myth.

Liberal or Conservative, has single mother households... and unless one can create a program that "teaches human beings how to maintain a relations, then fact is... life will continue to have single parent homes, because its not about just the women, or just the man, its about "people" and the challenges people face in building relationships and sustaining them.

Who is anyone to condemn anyone who has a failed relationship?

Last edited by Chance and Change; 08-27-2018 at 07:33 AM..

Old 08-27-2018, 06:54 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
I don't believe the problem is the teachers. This is a kind of excuse. There are a lot of good teachers who get burned out in those schools only to go running out screaming and ending up in a cushy job in some suburban white district. If you talk to them it's almost always that the classrooms are uncontrollable, the students undisciplined, and the parents not caring or even involved in the education of their children.

You cannot discipline a child and make them behave in a school if their parent at home doesn't care and this is the true issue.

I know a lot of educators - a substantial amount of my own family are educators and/or education administrators (principals).

Most "good teachers" who leave schools usually don't have many issues with the kids (IMO primarily "bad teachers or inadquate teachers" have issues with children). They know how to control classrooms and use adequate discipline techniques. They also don't usually have any exorbitant expectations of parents, especially those who work in inner cities or poor rural districts as they are very realistic about the families of the children they are teaching.

They primarily have issues with the administration of the school and with the bureaucracy of the state of our educational system and they subsequently either stop teaching or go teach in a more hospitable environment including suburban districts and/or private schools.

Most "bad teachers" don't know how to bond with the children in their charges. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who consider those educators to be "good teachers." Any teacher that holds discriminatory, stereotypical views of children based on class or race is a "bad teacher." There are a lot of them unfortunately. But most teachers IMO are "good" and I've been lucky in that my kids have had primarily "good" teachers. And my kids go to regular city public schools - my daughter goes to a magnet public school though - interestingly a couple of her teachers IMO haven't been all that good because they hold grudges against little children and/or hold prejudices against specific children - a good teacher can realize and understand the fact that children are children and they as adults should start fresh each day.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:57 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,948 times
Old habits die hard. Blacks should know better than to stray too far from the Democrat plantation.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:02 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
You cannot change history. Democrats are the party of KKK, Jim Crow, and Slavery. Those are facts.
You need to sit down and actually start reading the history of American politics through the 20th century.

Pay attention to individual politicians and their states.

Right now you're just spouting Republican alt-right nonsense without knowledge.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:39 PM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
The persecution of black conservative by liberals continues:

Steven A Smith, prominent black sports TV personality, claims that Tiger Woods isn't black and doesn't engage in racial issues of the black community based on his support of Donald Trump by saying "we must respect the office."

Quote:
On Sunday, ​Tiger Woods, who has been playing great and has put golf on the map again, was asked about his relationship with President Donald Trump and his policies regarding the African American community. Woods responded by saying: “Well, he’s the president of the United States. You have to respect the office. No matter who is in the office, you may like, dislike personality or the politics, but we all must respect the office.” That comment didn't go over well, especially with ESPN's ​Stephen A. Smith on First Take this morning.
Quote:
Smith starts off by saying Tiger isn't black because he's a mix of several ethnicities. Smith goes on to say that is part of the reason the African American community has been bothered by Woods because he doesn't engage in the issues regarding the black community
https://www.12up.com/posts/6155273-v...partners/43790

Wow. Who knew your political affiliation could change the color of your skin? Who knew the world's most prominent black golfer in history wasn't black at all and never had a black father? I guess breaking numerous black records isn't doing enough for your community. Are the Serena and Venus Williams sisters not black too? Last time I checked they don't date black men or engage in black issues. Is Michael Jordan not black too, last I checked he does not engage in black issues.

This is the type of archaic black backstabbing by liberals that divides the black community. I guess Kanye West isn't black too. Alienation by your own race based on your beliefs, no wonder my community can't progress socially in this world.

Dak Prescott
Tiger Woods
Kanye West
Ben Carson
Colin Powell
Clarence Thomas
Herman Cain
Condi Rice

Will continue to endure this liberal persecution for the sake of the black community. I tip my hat off to every black conservative being alienated by their own community. Hello, it's ok to be black and conservative. All blacks don't think the same.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:59 PM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
You need to sit down and actually start reading the history of American politics through the 20th century.
So political parties are allowed to make a "great switch" but just not African Americans rights?

You need to sit down and actually look at the current state of the black community, what hoping for reparations and handouts by white guilt liberals has gotten us so far. Nothing.

As a white guy you don't understand this, but the advancement of the black race is more reliant upon what we can do without handouts rather than what community organizer we vote into office for 8 years who promises change.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
The persecution of black conservative by liberals continues:

Steven A Smith, prominent black sports TV personality, claims that Tiger Woods isn't black and doesn't engage in racial issues of the black community based on his support of Donald Trump by saying "we must respect the office."

https://www.12up.com/posts/6155273-v...partners/43790

Wow. Who knew your political affiliation could change the color of your skin? Who knew the world's most prominent black golfer in history wasn't black at all and never had a black father? I guess breaking numerous black records isn't doing enough for your community. Are the Serena and Venus Williams sisters not black too? Last time I checked they don't date black men or engage in black issues. Is Michael Jordan not black too, last I checked he does not engage in black issues.

This is the type of archaic black backstabbing by liberals that divides the black community. I guess Kanye West isn't black too. Alienation by your own race based on your beliefs, no wonder my community can't progress socially in this world.

Dak Prescott
Tiger Woods
Kanye West
Ben Carson
Colin Powell
Clarence Thomas
Herman Cain
Condi Rice

Will continue to endure this liberal persecution for the sake of the black community. I tip my hat off to every black conservative being alienated by their own community. Hello, it's ok to be black and conservative. All blacks don't think the same.
LOL - you do realize that Steven A Smith is not a liberal right....?

Seems you take issue moreso with black people than liberals in regards to race and politics from your description in this thread.

Liberals do not "divide the black community." Only black people can divide the black community. And again, not too many people take Kanye seriously and he is still popular.

You seem to have a hatred of black people - what's up with you and that...?

Seriously I actually CTFU about Steven A Smith considering my own husband doesn't like him and considers him a right wing, self-racist "coon" and yet you are on here saying he is a liberal lol.

ETA: Will note that Smith was villifying a suspected liberal (i.e. Woods) and taking up for Trump in a way so you are all over the place here.

On Tiger and black people many black people actually don't consider him black because he's mentioned not considering himself black. So I do agree with Smith on that. I do think Smith coons quite a bit though and he often goes out of his way to denigrate black athletes - which is the issue my spouse has with him. So it is interesting your skewed view on this clip and on him. Nearly every black man I know also thinks Smith is kind of a hater and coon.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:17 PM

On Serena and Vensu and MJ - all 3 of them have always said they were black...of course they're black and black people consider them black as a result. I'll note that my spouse also doesn't like MJ either BTW. But both Venus and Serena have done charity work and given back to their hometown a community/resource center in Compton, CA.

I think you have racial issues and not political issues and are just trying to garner the white conservative's pity and friendship based on you wanting to spew black inferiority politics.

Old 08-27-2018, 03:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk

Quote:
So political parties are allowed to make a "great switch" but just not African Americans rights?

You need to sit down and actually look at the current state of the black community, what hoping for reparations and handouts by white guilt liberals has gotten us so far. Nothing.

As a white guy you don't understand this, but the advancement of the black race is more reliant upon what we can do without handouts rather than what community organizer we vote into office for 8 years who promises change.
What makes you think Ralph_Kirk is a "white guy"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.