Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 08:29 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.
The leftist liberals don't get that by speaking for the black man/woman that they are still acting as their overlords.
I assume that most black people are like me, they have issues in life about things that affect them personally as well as those things that affect their families' lives which may have nothing to do with skin color.

I don't profess to know how a black/man or woman feels about anything unless they explain it to me, just the same as I don't know how a person of another race, including white, feels about anything unless they explain that to me.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:29 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That may be 100 percent of the black people you know, but it's not 100% of the black people I know.

Your sample size is too small to derive any generalities.
I agree, but I don’t think conservative black folks are that rare. I don’t think many of them like abortion and as a group I believe they are more religious than these whacked in the heads white liberals who have turned their backs on God in favor of their golden calf of government and liberalism.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:09 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I agree, but I don’t think conservative black folks are that rare. I don’t think many of them like abortion and as a group I believe they are more religious than these whacked in the heads white liberals who have turned their backs on God in favor of their golden calf of government and liberalism.

I also don't think conservative black people are rare and I agree that abortion is not supported in a huge way in the demographic either. Mostly IMO black men don't like abortion especially (which seems to be the case for men of all demographics - personally, as a woman, I don't believe men should have much of a say regarding anything to do with a woman being pregnant or giving birth - giving birth in America is actually more dangerous to a woman than having an abortion).

I also wholeheartedly agree that black people are more religious. However, I think it is important to note that having conservative views and being religious doesn't mean that someone cannot vote for a liberal. There are actually a lot of uber religious white liberal leaning people as well. Most white Christians I know are liberals. Only difference between them and the religious right is that they are nicer and speak more about God/Jesus' love instead of hellfire, damnation, and the singling out the sins they despise the most (like homosexuality). Most white Christians I know who are liberals feel that they should love everyone no matter what and that everyone is a sinner and no sins are greater than another in the eyes of God.

So there is just a different way they view religion. I don't see them turning their back on God, they mostly just are trying to open their hearts to people who've been oppressed. Seriously, as a non-religious person the white liberal Christians are way more annoying because they are always trying to evangelize someone and bring people into the fold - they are like Mormons without the Book of Mormon lol. Very nice people who you wish would stop talking about religion but you don't want to be mean to them because they are super nice people.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:13 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
What you don't want to understand is that having traditional social values in certain areas does not equate to having all the values you consider "conservative," and certainly does not equate to voting Republican.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
I only know 2 black people really, I’ve worked with them for over 20 years. Both Republican Conservatives. They aren’t as rare as people think.
Then you know twice as many blacks as every other CD conservative, and I actually think that YOUR number of two is an exaggeration.

Just as I suspected though. Yet you guys talk about black folks on here as if you know more than a few.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Old habits die hard. Blacks should know better than to stray too far from the Democrat plantation.
We do what we want and you’ll just have to stay frustrated about it.

I know the black vote would help the Republican Party tremendously. That’s why the Republicans will never get it.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:19 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
You would think with the percentage of African Americans who are religious adherents and military, that the Republican party would have no trouble getting a larger percentage of the black vote. The percentage of African Americans in those two rather conservative institutions is probably higher than other ethnic groups. But there seems to be something about being called a Republican that can turn off the enthusiasm of even the most conservative of African Americans.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 09-11-2018 at 03:17 PM..

Old 09-11-2018, 03:07 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
You would think with the percentage of African Americans who are religious adherents and military, that the Republican party would have no troubled getting a larger percentage of the black vote. The percentage of African Americans in those two rather conservative institutions is probably higher than other ethnic groups. But there seems to be something about being called a Republican that can turn off the enthusiasm of even the most conservative of African Americans.
That's exactly what Richard Viguerie advocated for the GOP (and conservatives) to appeal to black voters back in the 1980s. In an example of cognitive dissonance, the problem was the GOP's use of the Southern Strategy political symbols such as Reagan speaking in Philadelphia, MS, and the Willie Horton ad - were also seen as messages that were hostile and unwelcoming to African American voters.

Old 09-11-2018, 03:27 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We do what we want and you’ll just have to stay frustrated about it.

I know the black vote would help the Republican Party tremendously. That’s why the Republicans will never get it.
I know exactly the amount I am required to know by my employer. But I make the most of it and try to be accommodating and friendly.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:38 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
That's exactly what Richard Viguerie advocated for the GOP (and conservatives) to appeal to black voters back in the 1980s. In an example of cognitive dissonance, the problem was the GOP's use of the Southern Strategy political symbols such as Reagan speaking in Philadelphia, MS, and the Willie Horton ad - were also seen as messages that were hostile and unwelcoming to African American voters.
In some cases it really isn't about just cognitive dissonance. Remember this: Southern Strategy. Several Republicans started appealing to those with racial resentment towards Blacks during the 1970s. Going to Neshoba County, MS and saying "I'm for states rights" was a sneaky way to appeal to that resentment. One did not have to use racial slurs or even make mentions of race.

In the early 60s, Dixiecrats freely used terms like the "N" word. Pretty soon using the "N" word gets them in trouble. After the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act got passed, a steady flow of southern Democrats and Dixiecrats into the Republican Party took place. Many Republicans saw this as an opportunity to appeal to said persons. Now one could talk about the busing issue. Later on, as Reagan did, states' rights was brought up. Remember, he gave that speech in 1980. It had only been 15-16 years since the CRA and VRA were passed. The murder of the civil rights workers in Neshoba County, MS occurred 16 years before Reagan's "states rights" speech. Jim Crow was over but the seeds of racial resentment were still recent memories.

There are opportunities for many within the GOP to appeal to African-Americans. However, many of those opportunities are ignored. If liberals don't like Black conservatives, one could say that many of the conservative side do not like Black conservatives either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies