Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2018, 03:26 AM

89,083 posts, read 44,906,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants".
Correct, like I just said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 03:37 AM

11,280 posts, read 11,047,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Illegal aliens aren't immigrants, they're foreigners who are illegally present in the US. Is it just stupidity? Or do you all do that on purpose?
100% intentional. Every leftist does it on purpose to blur the lines and normalize their illegal actions. Remember the ultimate end game for the left is to import new voters. Rule of law means nothing to them.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Look for there you go. It could be you who is murdered the next time. Laws are in place for good reason and if we don't comply with them we'd live in a horrific and chaotic society but obviously the left doesn't understand that. You live your lives ruled by emotions. Did you ever notice people make really bad choices when they make decisions while in an emotional state?

Liberalism is born and ignorance and bred on immorality. The ignorance is not knowing the facts or understanding how the world works, and the immorality is in perpetrating and believing in lies.
Quote:
Imagine what a society without the rule of law looks like. Surely no one would want to live there?

But Liberals and Democrats want us to ignore illegal aliens broke our laws, even defending them, providing sanctuary cities to protect them. Always using rhetoric in an attempt to tug on heart strings or so typical, throwing accusations of hate dare anyone want our laws enforced.

Imagine what a society without the rule of law looks like.
Quote:
Geez, so anyone who you don't agree with is "yammering", such a classless word.

And of course an unfounded accusation to deflect. And yes, I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail. Better yet, I hear the inmates make a special place in hell for people like him.
Quote:
Here, just in case you need a reminder of the threads topic....

BREAKING: Missing 20 year old female jogger murdered by ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT
The reason he was here was because someone would employ him. Someone that is now trying every excuse he can come up with to try and cover for the fact that he hires those here illegally to work for low wages.

Those doing this hiring are not simply "Democrats" or "Liberals" but everyone and the fact is No One is addressing the actual problem. The employers. We won't do that because we will not risk upsetting Wall Street.

I doubt it but maybe something like this is cause people to stop accepting the constant lies surrounding the problem. Lies that are also coming from the current administration.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I just heard that the farm never used e-verify. Sounds like they lied, but who knows perhaps someone in the office messed up. I also heard the illegal alien was using fake id. I expect the authorities will figure it out.
I expect they will not. No one will be held accountable for anything UNLESS the people start demanding it and I doubt very seriously that happens. Just look to this thread.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You folk continue to ignore the obvious. The immigration laws are not practically enforceable.

We have allowed too many for too long and no longer have an option of enforcing the law.

So the only practical way out is to legalize enough of the illegals to get the remainder down to a size we can handle.

And we need to do it soon as the over stayers are going to be much more difficult to contain.

We legalize to avoid the voting questions. Deal with that in ten or fifteen years.

This outcome is for all intents and purposes certain. The only real question is when.
"You folk"? I've been pointing this out for years.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The reason he was here was because someone would employ him. Someone that is now trying every excuse he can come up with to try and cover for the fact that he hires those here illegally to work for low wages.
Again, how are employers supposed to know when employees are using a forged/stolen ID and SS# or not? The info presented by Rivera came up valid in the SS Admin verification system.

I can see it now... employers presume all Hispanics are illegal aliens who are committing identity theft, forgery, etc., and vet each and every one. Who doesn't think there'd be a HUGE hissy fit thrown by the SJWs saying employers cannot discriminate like that because "it's racist."

Old 08-23-2018, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Despite calling itself "currently the best means available to electronically confirm employment eligibility," E-Verify doesn't actually prevent companies from hiring undocumented workers, according to studies of the system's efficacy. In a report for the Department of Homeland Security, research company Westat found that while so-called authorized workers have an error rate of just 1 percent, unauthorized workers get a pass at a rate of 54 percent.

According to the report, "The substantial estimated inaccuracy rate for unauthorized workers is not surprising," because many of these worker submit documents that are in fact genuine, but are not their own, the report said."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/farm-wo...ough-e-verify/

Old 08-23-2018, 05:14 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
They didn't use E-Verify -- they used some other 'outdated' system.

What does that mean -- they didn't e-verify.

They lied when they say they used e-verify.

They 'checked' his papers.

They didn't care if he was truly legal or not.

Hypocrits.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:15 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, how are employers supposed to know when employees are using a forged/stolen ID and SS# or not? The info presented by Rivera came up valid in the SS Admin verification system.

I can see it now... employers presume all Hispanics are illegal aliens who are committing identity theft, forgery, etc., and vet each and every one. Who doesn't think there'd be a HUGE hissy fit thrown by the SJWs saying employers cannot discriminate like that because "it's racist."
If they had used the government's e-verify they would had caught the guy

They chose to use another 'outdated' system.

That's not e-verify as established by the federal govt.

That's called twisting the truth to fit the narrative.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If they had used the government's e-verify they would had caught the guy
Not necessarily. Read the CBS News article I posted. 54% of illegal aliens pass e-verify when vetted. Mostly because they're using forged/stolen ID and SS#s, just like Rivera did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies