Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2018, 05:17 PM

156 posts, read 124,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is a tragic crime.
This guy should not have been working here in our country.
Do we deport him - -capital punishment?

WHAT NOW?
The max he can get sentenced here in the USA is life in prison without parole. I haven't heard of an illegal getting the death penalty but correct me if I'm wrong. He needs to serve his time so I don't think he will be deported as he committed this awful crime here in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 05:26 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Martha MacCallum of The Story just had the lawyer of the suspect on her show and ate his lunch.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:32 PM

62,982 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
May I remind you that it is against the law to hire illegal aliens. This corporate farmer of a prominent republican family, broke the law!

Oh, so you convicted him already without all the facts being proven yet? Still being a partisan hack? No laws were broken if someone didn't "knowingly" hire an illegal alien. That hasn't been proven yet, geez!

Old 08-23-2018, 05:40 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
May I remind you that it is against the law to hire illegal aliens. This corporate farmer of a prominent republican family, broke the law!
Why are Dems so quick to pronounce judgment on a Republican, yet so slow to want to deport any illegal alien? If we could process all the illegals at our borders and the ones caught by ICE so quickly, America was save so much much not feeding and teaching their dreamer children or housing illegals in detention centers.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:51 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,342,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Martha MacCallum of The Story just had the lawyer of the suspect on her show and ate his lunch.
He looked like a complete amateur.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:00 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
This is a tragic crime.
This guy should not have been working here in our country.
Do we deport him - -capital punishment?

WHAT NOW?
He can get the death penalty (if the state has it), but we don't appear to actually execute that many of them. I read somewhere that around 30 have been executed since the 70's. I do remember Mexico protested some of them.

Last edited by elan; 08-23-2018 at 06:31 PM..

Old 08-23-2018, 06:02 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,096,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh, so you convicted him already without all the facts being proven yet? Still being a partisan hack? No laws were broken if someone didn't "knowingly" hire an illegal alien. That hasn't been proven yet, geez!
Farm that hired Cristhian Rivera, Mollie Tibbetts' suspected killer, did not use E-Verify system, official says | Fox News

It's pretty clear they knew they were hiring an illegal when he showed up in person. You can't have it both ways...you can't blame Liberals for supporting illegals, yet scoff when a Republican ignores the law and the manta of the Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Why are Dems so quick to pronounce judgment on a Republican, yet so slow to want to deport any illegal alien? If we could process all the illegals at our borders and the ones caught by ICE so quickly, America was save so much much not feeding and teaching their dreamer children or housing illegals in detention centers.
It's hypocritical just like it is to be against anybody supporting illegals except when that person is a Republican.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:15 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

So...former DHS secretary, Jeh Johnson admitting the truth about those deportation figures isn't good enough for you?

I did say that there were other links that said the same thing. Did you even do a search?

How did I "change the discussion" when I merely responded to another poster?
You are changing the discussion from illegal immigrants in the the country vs border crossings. The data for deportations indicate otherwise. Do you have the data for the 2 different categories that support your case.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:41 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Or the farmer would have gotten approval for visa workers -- and brought this guy in as part of that program and she's dead anyways.

Should have, could have, would have.

If this farmer had in fact e-verified -- this guy maybe wouldn't have stuck around for four years.

should have, could have would have.
E-verify wouldn't have done a thing in this situation. The illegal committed ID theft and presented stolen documents. E-verify doesn't pick up on that. It also doesn't pick it up when illegals birth anchor babies and name said child after themselves so the parent can use the child's SSN.

The fact still remains---if this illegal wasn't in the country, Mollie would still be alive. This is true no matter how the pro-open borders/pro-open borders/pro-illegal aliens types try to spin it.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:44 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are changing the discussion from illegal immigrants in the the country vs border crossings. The data for deportations indicate otherwise. Do you have the data for the 2 different categories that support your case.

I did no such thing. Once again, I just responded when the subject was brought up. If you have a problem with it, take it up with the poster who mentioned it. Ask him for links.

As I pointed out before, there are other links that say the same thing as my link.

Are you saying that the former DHS secretary, Jeh Johnson, is lying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies