Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 03:18 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
It's well recorded from the transition between feudalism to capitalism.

Owners of the capital use labor to make money (meaning the value per capita of each persons labor has to be more than what they are paid). They use the profit from that labor to build on the money/capital investments they already have.

They make more money, and in return control more capital limiting the freedom of each individual worker further.
As I said, flawed premise. Value and worth are not finite resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 04:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
So you mean in demand as in skills capital owners think will make them the most money, not skills with tangible results.
Skills......like in manufacturing televisions and computers.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Have you ever watched Charlie Brown cartoons? The teacher voice was always my favorite.
That's what I hear when I ask what jobs millions of people are supposed to be seeking out. Tell us.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:46 AM

34,068 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
As I said, flawed premise. Value and worth are not finite resources.
BINGO.

New industries emerge all the time, with little itty bitty start ups adding capital value and labor worth-starting with their own labor.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:40 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
BINGO.

New industries emerge all the time, with little itty bitty start ups adding capital value and labor worth-starting with their own labor.
I already covered this some pages ago, but most innovations/inventions are a different usage of the same resources we use, and the few times it extends beyond that, the rule of currency still applies so most of the new capital that comes from it is quickly centralized.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:58 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's what I hear when I ask what jobs millions of people are supposed to be seeking out. Tell us.
The ones they are qualified for, or alternatively start your own business, start Amazon, build an app, build a website, clean houses, mow lawns, become a small brewer, wash cars, be smarter than me and figure out something even better. There is an endless list of ways to earn money in this country.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The ones they are qualified for, or alternatively start your own business, start Amazon, build an app, build a website, clean houses, mow lawns, become a small brewer, wash cars, be smarter than me and figure out something even better. There is an endless list of ways to earn money in this country.
Money shouldn't be the objective being as it allows private forces to control goods people need.

And resources are limited as well as markets to produce money (mainly through consumerism). If everyone was successful, the capitalist model would fail.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Money shouldn't be the objective being as it allows private forces to control goods people need.

And resources are limited as well as markets to produce money (mainly through consumerism). If everyone was successful, the capitalist model would fail.
You are denying property rights and falsely conflating resources and wealth. Again, false premises.

As far as "money", money is a simple tool of trade used to measure value between assenting free men.

"To trade by means of money is the code of the men of good will. Money rests on the axiom that every man is the owner of his mind and his effort. Money allows no power to prescribe the value of your effort except the voluntary choice of the man who is willing to trade you his effort in return. Money permits you to obtain for your goods and your labor that which they are worth to the men who buy them, but no more. Money permits no deals except those to mutual benefit by the unforced judgment of the traders. Money demands of you the recognition that men must work for their own benefit, not for their own injury, for their gain, not their loss–the recognition that they are not beasts of burden, born to carry the weight of your misery–that you must offer them values, not wounds–that the common bond among men is not the exchange of suffering, but the exchange of goods. "

Old 09-08-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
You are denying property rights and falsely conflating resources and wealth. Again, false premises.

As far as "money", money is a simple tool of trade used to measure value between assenting free men.

"To trade by means of money is the code of the men of good will. Money rests on the axiom that every man is the owner of his mind and his effort. Money allows no power to prescribe the value of your effort except the voluntary choice of the man who is willing to trade you his effort in return. Money permits you to obtain for your goods and your labor that which they are worth to the men who buy them, but no more. Money permits no deals except those to mutual benefit by the unforced judgment of the traders. Money demands of you the recognition that men must work for their own benefit, not for their own injury, for their gain, not their loss–the recognition that they are not beasts of burden, born to carry the weight of your misery–that you must offer them values, not wounds–that the common bond among men is not the exchange of suffering, but the exchange of goods. "
Personal property and private property are different.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_property

Old 09-08-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Personal property and private property are different.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_property
I used neither restricting adjective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies