Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 11:36 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
I used neither restricting adjective.
Ownership of capital you do not control is the same concept in which authoritarian rule exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 11:41 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Ownership of capital you do not control is the same concept in which authoritarian rule exists.
So you disagree with the concept? What constitutes control?

Old 09-08-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
So you disagree with the concept? What constitutes control?
Direct usage/operation of property.

The house you live in is the one you own, personal objects you have direct influence under. You can't own other people's labor.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:51 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Money shouldn't be the objective being as it allows private forces to control goods people need.

And resources are limited as well as markets to produce money (mainly through consumerism). If everyone was successful, the capitalist model would fail.
If you wrote "My shoes are blue, my underwear have pink stripes, and I like to play with my pet rhino on the weekends" I'd have more interest in that. Everything else you said is just a completely unrealistic diatribe from someone who is completely brainwashed by unrealistic theory that is nothing more than that..a theory.

Work gets me money, money gets me food, shelter, and other needs. The concept of "money" or trade/barter has been around since the cavemen, who would probably also roll their eyes at this theory you are so hung up on.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
If you wrote "My shoes are blue, my underwear have pink stripes, and I like to play with my pet rhino on the weekends" I'd have more interest in that. Everything else you said is just a completely unrealistic diatribe from someone who is completely brainwashed by unrealistic theory that is nothing more than that..a theory.

Work gets me money, money gets me food, shelter, and other needs. The concept of "money" or trade/barter has been around since the cavemen, who would probably also roll their eyes at this theory you are so hung up on.
Anarchist communism exists before any of use were born, and will continue to exist far after we are gone, it is the root of all human existence.

It has worked and continues to work in the real world.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:14 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,639 times
Quote:
Building logical fallacies on flawed premises is your first mistake.

The problem is that people can only see the fallacies after the fact has passed, not in the moment is happening.
We know the church, or rather the high priests were the authority in the past. Their word was the the word of god and that went no matter what.
Then, democracy and the state became the authority. Whatever law decreed it had to be so.
Now that we live under the economic authority, people like to 'imagine' they are free and can't see how the policies of a few capitalist rule the lives of billions of people.
It's not a surprise given that people can't even agree on the extent of workers' rights and the limit of power businesses can have on people.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:16 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Direct usage/operation of property.

The house you live in is the one you own, personal objects you have direct influence under. You can't own other people's labor.
You do not own their labor. You barter for it for a period of time, offering salaries or hourly wages in exchange.

Both parties, unless their is a binding contract, are free to end the relationship, at will, without notice.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:29 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
You do not own their labor. You barter for it for a period of time, offering salaries or hourly wages in exchange.

Both parties, unless their is a binding contract, are free to end the relationship, at will, without notice.

That is a fallacy, and a misunderstanding.
Can you buy a wife, pay for sex, exchange money for a law? Technically you can, but you shouldn't.

In the same way a business owner should not pay for labor. A worker should be paid for whatever he produces, in other words a percentages of the total revenues. This does not happens for the simple reason that one party (the one with capital) is abusing the other (the ones with no capital and little skills).

Old 09-08-2018, 02:34 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post

a business owner should not pay for labor. A worker should be paid for whatever he produces, in other words a percentages of the total revenues. This does not happens for the simple reason that one party (the one with capital) is abusing the other (the ones with no capital and little skills).
Independent contractors properly are paid for production as they own its means.

Workers who choose not to invest in the equipment to make stuff are properly paid solely based on time spent.

Its a great system.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Independent contractors properly are paid for production as they own its means.

Workers who choose not to invest in the equipment to make stuff are properly paid solely based on time spent.

Its a great system.
Labor is managed in a very specific manner, freedom of labor is limited, and usage of the means of production are further limited by exclusive ownership by private power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies