Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 12:49 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,252,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well if posters would stop pretending water pollution does not occur outside of Appalachia, which by the way stretches from NY to AL, consisting of 420 counties in 13 states, or that water pollution is somehow a new thing.

And actually this tread is not about water pollution or Appalachia. Its about Trump bashing leading with a false quote. Trump didn't say "Appalachia had crystal clean water".

During a campaign rally for Republican candidates in Charleston Tuesday, President Donald Trump said the United States already has clean water, .......“I want clean air. I want crystal clean water, and we’ve got it,” Trump said.

Trump called the United States the “cleanest country on the planet.”

Normal people are not naive enough to believe ALL the water in the US is crystal clean water or that there is no industrial effluent or that there is no crystal clean water in all of the US or "Appalachia" for that matter.
Who is saying pollution isn't outside Appalachia? No one. But Trump was in West Virginia where millions there and other Coal mining and former Coal mining regions and states. People Live seeing the damage in their mine run-off acid water dead creeks in virtually every Coal mining region and city in Appalachia.

He chose that region for a reason as he promoted the resurgence for the Coal industry. Few regions are seeing it ..... because oil has been down in price and dropping again . Fracking in PA and Ohio increased our Natural gas supplies with a IRONY of a Fracked Gas pipeline by me in PA being built THRU COAL COUNTY in PA by me to Philly. I see driving by it to work daily.

The local former Coal powered plant ... is converted to Natural gas. Trump isn't going to reverse that. Nor the scars from coal mining for generations to come. He could improve them and limit future damage ....

Why would the largest Oil producer in the world now .... revert to more coal mining or strip-mining? But some is hanging on and homes (through mostly dwindled) in these regions. Especially by me, as coal has to be fed into a furnace and then ashes removed. it doesn't just feed by itself and no waste like gas and oil.

Unless much cheaper? It is certainty less convenient. Trump just saying he will guarantee his administration will maintain CLEAN DRINKING WATER and the Federal Act and prevent future damage to our waterways. But seeing clean creeks in regions he spoke ..... is not common to some ..... unless they go outside the coal mining region.

I would hope protecting current fresh water supplies.... is a minimum any Administration will do. But going into Coal country and boasting CRYSTAL-CLEAR WATER just had its irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 01:53 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,933,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Who is saying pollution isn't outside Appalachia? No one. But Trump was in West Virginia where millions there and other Coal mining and former Coal mining regions and states. People Live seeing the damage in their mine run-off acid water dead creeks in virtually every Coal mining region and city in Appalachia.

He chose that region for a reason as he promoted the resurgence for the Coal industry. Few regions are seeing it ..... because oil has been down in price and dropping again . Fracking in PA and Ohio increased our Natural gas supplies with a IRONY of a Fracked Gas pipeline by me in PA being built THRU COAL COUNTY in PA by me to Philly. I see driving by it to work daily.

The local former Coal powered plant ... is converted to Natural gas. Trump isn't going to reverse that. Nor the scars from coal mining for generations to come. He could improve them and limit future damage ....

Why would the largest Oil producer in the world now .... revert to more coal mining or strip-mining? But some is hanging on and homes (through mostly dwindled) in these regions. Especially by me, as coal has to be fed into a furnace and then ashes removed. it doesn't just feed by itself and no waste like gas and oil.

Unless much cheaper? It is certainty less convenient. Trump just saying he will guarantee his administration will maintain CLEAN DRINKING WATER and the Federal Act and prevent future damage to our waterways. But seeing clean creeks in regions he spoke ..... is not common to some ..... unless they go outside the coal mining region.

I would hope protecting current fresh water supplies.... is a minimum any Administration will do. But going into Coal country and boasting CRYSTAL-CLEAR WATER just had its irony.
The entire premise of this post has been Trump is a liar because he said they (Appalachia) has crystal clear water, which he did not say supported by photos from a different decade and the article linked was not pertaining to the WV rally.

His rally in WV was to support the republican candidate. Although the Affordable Clean Energy Rule would be a better topic to discuss that is not what this thread was about.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,284,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The entire premise of this post has been Trump is a liar because he said they (Appalachia) has crystal clear water, which he did not say supported by photos from a different decade and the article linked was not pertaining to the WV rally.

His rally in WV was to support the republican candidate. Although the Affordable Clean Energy Rule would be a better topic to discuss that is not what this thread was about.

A candidate that was a lawyer for the opioid dealers that have also done so much damage to the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies