Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 06:17 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
because the Opposing Party Lost an Election
No one on either side has suggested this is the reason he should be impeached.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/polit...hen/index.html

This is the elephant in the room when it comes to Trump's impeachment, especially if he is convicted and removed from office. I want Trump gone just as much as any other liberal but it cannot be done hastily or without undeniable proof of a crime. Why? Trump is a populist who is still backed by a very loyal base. Impeaching for the wrong reasons could cause our nation's ongoing "cold culture war" to go hot.

So what do you think? Is Guiliani correct in that Americans would take up arms to defend Trump if Congress tried to impeach him?
If they want to betray their country to defy the constitution and attempt to install a dictator, I say bring it on.

We're all packing heat now ...

Old 08-23-2018, 06:22 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,799,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/polit...hen/index.html

This is the elephant in the room when it comes to Trump's impeachment, especially if he is convicted and removed from office. I want Trump gone just as much as any other liberal but it cannot be done hastily or without undeniable proof of a crime. Why? Trump is a populist who is still backed by a very loyal base. Impeaching for the wrong reasons could cause our nation's ongoing "cold culture war" to go hot.

So what do you think? Is Guiliani correct in that Americans would take up arms to defend Trump if Congress tried to impeach him?
I don't expect pitchforks but what I do expect is a bit of a backlash at the Democratic Party for abusing its power--just like was the case with the Republicans back in 1998. It's very possible that a majority of Americans disapproves of Trump right now and that the overwhelming majority of those will vote against Trump in the next election. However, what it does not mean is that all of these Americans would support removing Trump from office right now without solid evidence that he personally committed some crime(s).

Old 08-23-2018, 06:24 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Yup. Last night on PBS there was a documentary on the Malhuer Wildlife Refuge take over "patriots" and Rudy's comments resonates with that in so much that a revolt will end up being folks who forgot to pack their underwear, didn't bring enough peanut butter to the camp out and eventually wore out their welcome.

Rudy and Trump's army
Yup. As Trump said, he LOVES the POORLY EDUCATED. His most loyal followers tend to be the dumbest and most uneducated. That's because stupid people are easily fooled.

Ken

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Rejoice more like it.

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

Never in the entire History of the United States has a sitting President been Impeached and convicted by the US Senate ...... because the Opposing Party Lost an Election - Because of a Hysterical Meltdown.

I don't think it will happen, but the Democrats and Leftists LOSE by even attempting it.
It the Leftists managed to do it ......It would be Election Nullification and the end of the USA.

"Revolt" doesn't mean "guns" -- it means the dissolution of the Nation.
Do you recall Clinton being impeached in the house, very interesting wording “ not in the senate”. I don’t want to see him impeached unless there is more than campaign finance violations but this is not much different than Clinton’s impeachment.

He just stated in an interview that he should be protected because he is doing a good job and the market will crash, this is the president you’re supporting for some unknown reason.

Sure all these convictions are just the work of sore losers, what a mature response.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:25 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I don't expect pitchforks but what I do expect is a bit of a backlash at the Democratic Party for abusing its power--just like was the case with the Republicans back in 1998. It's very possible that a majority of Americans disapproves of Trump right now and that the overwhelming majority of those will vote against Trump in the next election. However, what it does not mean is that all of these Americans would support removing Trump from office right now without solid evidence that he personally committed some crime(s).
It's not HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.
By the time it happens Mueller will have blasted Trump with evidence of all kinds of illegal actions.

Ken

Old 08-23-2018, 06:25 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
That's what the investigations are for.

If articles of impeachment are ever seriously contemplated, you can be sure they will be buttoned down tight, or they wouldn't advance it.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:29 PM

24,651 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Liberals are far too short sighted to see the impeachment of Trump will lead to a far worse Pence

Gay rights, women’s rights, marijuana, liberal policies. Pence would go after it all.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
I expect golf carts armed with tennis balls will parade through the villages in Florida.

I will make sure to stay away from there during impeachment hearings...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies