Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 06:42 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times

Advertisements

Even if Dems take both houses and get a removal it won’t be until Trump’s term is up. If they do it before then there certainly is a very high chance of civil war part 2. Just let him finish the term and beat him next election, like in a Democracy.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:42 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I concur with Gulliani. I posted on Facebook a while back that if they use this evil Russia baloney or whatever to politically impeach a lawfully elected President and then go for Pence (if he's not in on it) and put in a RINO or Dem, to gather an armed mob to storm DC and overthrow their coup government.
LOL, funny .

Old 08-23-2018, 06:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Why would you expect that? They've shown no signs of doing that so far. They're fine with Trump insulting our traditional allies, blithely threatening nuclear wars, supporting white nationalists, groping women, and undermining the concept of a free press. Since his supporters endlessly cheer for any economic boost, we have to conclude that they are motivated solely by greed. As Trump seems to be.
Touche. It does seem to me, though, that the most ardent supporters aren't cheering their economic boost; they're cheering a boost that's been promised but won't happen. That's why he keeps running back to depressed West Virginia, promising a boost that they're not ever going to see, but they don't know it.

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think Guiliani is doing some wishful thinking.

What are they going to do? Tear up their Medicare cards? What?
Haha! They’ll flip the trailer park tables.

Seriously, Trump needs to go. I’m not concerned about his nincompoop followers.

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I think the "Pence will be worse" thing is over-rated. If there's one thing we know about Michael Richard Pence is he's an opportunist extraordinaire. If Trump 'gets fired' I don't think there's going to be any hunger on the GOP's part to start shoving through legislation that in large part has already been settled in the minds of most American's. Especially Pence if he believes it might get in the way of earning an full outright term as POTUS.

He'll take the Gerald Ford route and work the "I'm mending the wounds" angle and hope he skates in for a win later. Long/short - He'll get nothing accomplished.
First thing Pence will do is pardon everyone. 100% you can take it to the bank.

The witchhunt is in vain, too little too late. Trump and his family gets off either way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Even if Dems take both houses and get a removal it won’t be until Trump’s term is up. If they do it before then there certainly is a very high chance of civil war part 2. Just let him finish the term and beat him next election, like in a Democracy.
That would be fine with me then he won't be impeached but go to jail!

Old 08-23-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
First thing Pence will do is pardon everyone. 100% you can take it to the bank.

The witchhunt is in vain, too little too late. Trump and his family gets off either way

..........LOL, no.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:46 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Liberals are far too short sighted to see the impeachment of Trump will lead to a far worse Pence

Gay rights, women’s rights, marijuana, liberal policies. Pence would go after it all.
Politically Pence would be bad for the Democrats and they know it. He probably would be bad for the country, like a modern day Hoover.

But to assume that this is something that is driven purely by political expediency would be a mistake. Democrats can not be extorted into not doing the right thing by threatening them with the prospect of Pence in the white house.

Pence would be bad for the country, just like Trump, but not in a criminal, amoral sense.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:46 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If they want to betray their country to defy the constitution and attempt to install a dictator, I say bring it on.

We're all packing heat now ...
I'm not--guess I'll have to go print a gun.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:50 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree that the small percentage of people who voted for Trump would revolt. They FINALLY feel like they have some power in their otherwise powerless lives.

When I say small percentage, fewer than half the people who voted in the election voted for Trump.

Slightly fewer than 60% of the country voted in the 2016 election. Of that number, less than half voted for Trump.

So somewhere around 25% of the people in the US voted for Trump for President, and yes, they will be very very very angry if their leader is ousted for being a common criminal, because frankly, they're okay with that.
Only about 20-30 percent of people supported and fought in the revolution. If the democratically elected president is overthrown, a sizable revolt is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.