Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 06:41 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,063,232 times

Advertisements

Trump is smartly playing the "long game" here (note his very out of character refraining or bowing to the committee decision)....if you can't see that or understand it you are clueless.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:42 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Care to define the "radical social agenda" ?
Equal rights for non-whites, non-heterosexuals, and non-Christians.

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Oh for the love of........how many times does this have to be stated????? This nomination changes the composition of the court. Gorsuch did not. This is not hard stuff.

The composition of the court was right leaning before Gorsuch, why didn't the democrats take their stand. Did you forget all the pro business decisions that came down 5-4, were the democrats satisfied with Citizens United. So according to you their take was its bad but not that bad.

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Ford said the following>>>. I was in therapy and regressed back to 1982 and was in a house and had one beer. Dont know the house, how I got there or how I left. I was attacked . Told to therapist in 2012. Added the name of Kavanaugh in 2018. No one she mentioned who was there agrees with her regressed memory.
The regressed back part is why one of my daughters doesn't believe a word she's saying. I haven't made up my mind yet, I still tend to think something happened to her. I doubt it was Kavanaugh though.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:43 PM

21,937 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Hmmmm, Dems held the information for a month and then released it.

Mitch McConnell had a SCOTUS nominee for almost a year and never brought it to committee.

Which is worse? Hmmmmmmmmm, hard to figure.
The fact that you can't see the difference is disturbing.

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I believe people do want that. I think based on all the responses on this thread alone that there is simply a divide over how many investigations need to take place before enough is enough, and the fact that since Kavanaugh is a conservative his pending lifetime appointment scares the hell out of some people. So of course it’s to their advantage to delay by any means necessary and for as long as possible. JMO.
The problem is that you have the segment of people that think a woman’s word shouldn’t be questioned if she throws out the sexual assault card. And yes, it’s getting to be a “card” to ruin someone. An example is the women that ambushed Flake for supporting Kavanaugh.

Then you have the Democrats who defended Bill Clinton when there were sexual assault allegations and gave Ted Kennedy a pass when he left that woman to die. Some of the same people now are screaming about Kavanaugh and acting outraged. BS.

It’s obvious that this is all politically motivated and anyone that denies it is lying. Ford’s word can be questioned and it’s enough already with the left wanting to ruin someone because they want to preserve the right to kill fetuses.

It’s despicable and hopefully he’s confirmed. Whatever happens, it’s going to be like this for any nominee that the opposing side doesn’t like. Don’t think the GOP won’t do this when the shoes on the other foot. They will.

This country is headed for disaster.

2,068 posts, read 999,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
why on earth didn't they just have the FBI investigate in the first place?

Why?...because there's nothing for the FBI to investigate. No time, no date, no place, no witnesses.

The FBI can simply pull out their notes from their first six investigations into Mr. Kavanaugh.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
If you believe this wouldn’t have happened to anyone Trump nominated, I’ve got a bridge to sell ya. But cute try. Keep at it. One day you’ll be merely competent at arguing.

You do realize NO ONE has proven Kavanaugh is a rapist. NO ONE has proven he’s a drunk. In fact, ALL evidence to the contrary as demonstrated from his SIX background investigations which of note covers his entire adult life - he’s 55. If you are that gullible and actually believe this BS the Democrats are peddling, I genuinely feel sorry for you. No one should go through life that ignorant. Do yourself a favor. Do some research about how these background investigations are done. Then you will realize how silly you sound with these accusations. How very, very silly.

Disagree with him politically and say so. But no, you want to smear him and implicitly approve of the dirty tactics the Democrats have used in this process. At least own your political positions and convictions. I do. Say why you would prefer to not have him as a Justice due to his political positions if you disagree with him. But please, stop engaging in such willful ignorance.
Who chose Gorsuch or at least who pretended to choose Gorsuch? And your defense of Kavanaugh will look even more gullible and naïve by the time the week is over.

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
This post exposes the whole reason for this farce.

The liberals must keep killing babies. Since 1973, this has been THE most important consideration in any governmental decision.

Good. How many of these unwanted babies have you adopted or help get adopted ? I see 90 year old men and women picketing all the time with signs about pro life. Easy for them to tell other people what to do with their own bodies, but none of them step up and adopt these kids or raise them.

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Trump is smartly playing the "long game" here (note his very out of character refraining or bowing to the committee decision)....if you can't see that or understand it you are clueless.
Well, if he is - it'll be the first time. Perhaps Kellyanne finally got through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies