Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 07:03 AM

45,229 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Typical liberal emotional guilty until proven innocent nonsense. I would have shoved that dingbat out of the elevator.
these loons dont care about due process, they want power

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...but Kavanaugh is the liar....

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford named three witnesses that were at the party: Mark Judge, Patrick J. Smyth and Leland Keyser.

Judge, put out this statement: "In fact, I have no memory of the alleged incident. Brett Kavanaugh and I were friends in high school but I do not recall the party described in Dr. Ford's letter. More to the point, I never saw Brett act in the manner that Dr. Ford describes."

Smyth, through his attorney, issued the following statement: "I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as 'PJ' who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post. I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh."

Keyser's attorney issued the following statement: "Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."
Just thanking you for posting that and sharing it again. This thread is so huge, I'm sure there's plenty who haven't read it yet.

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
OK serious questions here:

What was wrong with Kavanaugh's lower lip? It looked like it had been busted - it had two dark stripes on it.

Why does Ford wear such huge, and dirty glasses? And she knew she was going to be watched closely by millions of people - she couldn't manage to keep her hair out of her face?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:04 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
Looks like appealing to his sense of right and wrong worked, since Flake was the one who said he wouldn't vote yes without the FBI investigation. I still have no idea why Kavanaugh wouldn't have jumped at the opportunity for the FBI to be able to clear him... I'm sure he's thankful now that it will be done and he can rest easy, knowing that he did nothing wrong, that "boof" meant "fart," and that he just has a very weak stomach (and likes beer). Seems like a win-win situation for all involved.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:04 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Part of a larger group of clairvoyant protesters, two screaming women and a complicit media confronted and admonished Flake for "supporting" (debatable) someone who "actually violated a woman."

This is the new normal: the emotional court of public opinion supplants facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aCO83VKhVI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
These Republican politicians who try and placate the left by being moderate make themselves targets from both sides. The left is the most vicious. They still attack Flake because he didn't completely kowtow to them.
I don't doubt that Flake's life as he knows it was threatened by these rabid leftist in the Senate.

When politicians move to please other politicians instead of their voters, they lose their way and aren't likely to find it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
First of all, where are the Capitol Police? These SJW's shouldn't be allowed to run around where they can confront senators.

Secondly, and it should go with out saying, that there is no proof of anything (yet) except that the Dems sat on an accusation and used Ford to ignite a powder keg.

I think the FBI investigation, limited in time and scope, is good thing to try and clear up this mess, but I doubt it makes one iota of difference to protesters like this. Their minds are already made up, no matter what the results are, and the Dems are no different.

Mark my words, if Kavanaugh is cleared, the Dems will try and find some other delay tactic but the vote should go on regardless. They never had any intention of approving him anyway.
These witch hunts are happening because the right has been too kind and too accommodating. This sort of anti-rational behavior will continue as long as people like Jeff Flake are around to give them an inch.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Ford will sleep a lot sounder tonight than Kavanaugh will...unless of course he drinks himself into a stupor. Kavanaugh reminds me of one of those privileged kids that suffer from that malady referred to as "affluenza".
I do think part of his rage and anger was his complete surprise that his privilege hadn't made all this just go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Dr Ford was questioned by an expert sex crimes prosecutor, Rachel Mitchell, not by an investigator. As a prosecutor, Mitchell would be sympathetic to the "victim" and adversarial towards the accused. Mitchell got Ford to admit lying about her fear of flying, but failed to probe any of the other questionable aspects of Ford's story.

Mitchell's questions were limited to five minutes for each of the eleven Republican senators. 55 minutes, total, not "hours".

Mitchell proved herself to be ineffective as a questioner and was relieved of her duties when the time came to question Kavanaugh.
I note that she was relieved of her duties when she started to hone in on a particular date on the calendar. I don't remember the date - but the entry where three of the men that Ford had listed were all at a party on the same date. Immediately afterward, she shut up and sat down and Lindsay started in with his histrionics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why would they not want it?
Indeed. Why did they spend the entire day of the hearing railing against it? The entire week before they refused to ask the FBI to investigate. Graham was literally SCREAMING on Thursday that the Democrats just wanted it to further delay.

Then on Friday, Graham's all like "sure, let's do it".

What happened to change his mind? Only one answer. They did NOT have the votes too comfirm.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:07 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
after this kavanaugh farce, even I, a woman, am afraid of other women. If a woman can assassinate my character by only providing a believable story that I assaulted her, how could I fight back? I couldn't.

too many have made their condemnation of this man, judge Kavanaugh, about their personal experience and not about what has been shown, or actually not shown, by ms. ford.

Kavanaugh has emphatically denied he assaulted anyone. every witness has denied knowledge or memory of ms. ford's accusations.

I won't be commenting further on this thread. there is nothing more to say.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:09 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,194 times
We at one time burned people when the mob claimed witchcraft. We are now burning people without any proof and the Democrats are leading this mob.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:09 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I wonder...
She went upstairs to go to the bathroom.
A reasonable assumption would be that she needed to use the toilet, not just change clothes (she could have changed clothes in any room of the house where she had privacy).
If she had to use the toilet, presumably she had a full bladder.
Many, if not most, people when confronted by a situation as she described, would lose control of bodily functions, and would have wet themselves (That would also have been a great defensive move!)
Apparently, she did not do that.
OK, it is a ridiculous thought. But still....
She said she was wearing a one piece swimming suit under her clothes. That's why she said Brett had some difficulty undressing her along with being drunk. In order to go pee she would have to strip down out of the suit wouldn't she? She could have went upstairs just to " freshen up," get the beer off of her 15 year old face and breath before returning home.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:10 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
after this kavanaugh farce, even I, a woman, am afraid of other women. If a woman can assassinate my character by only providing a believable story that I assaulted her, how could I fight back? I couldn't.

too many have made their condemnation of this man, judge Kavanaugh, about their personal experience and not about what has been shown, or actually not shown, by ms. ford.

Kavanaugh has emphatically denied he assaulted anyone. every witness has denied ford's story.

I won't be commenting further on this thread. there is nothing more to say.
For me, it's not even about assault any more. I think he could have helped himself on Thursday but instead his raging, crying, and belligerence disqualified him from federal office and certainly for SCOTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies